Romance in TW2 and Geralt's integrity.

+
what the fu""king are you talk about she won doing that ! . believe me . it a stupid . and don forger triss is still their member . and the lodge is a secret organization and triss is still hold their information their organization and everything . if you help triss she will tell you who is turn her in the figurine yes is only . cythian not a word about philippa involved because is so stupid if she doing that . than tell me . if you are philippa can you gain anything by doing that ? . and if Philippa really involved in this . why she is still help us find triss ?

If Triss still considers herself a member, why does she testify at all and destroys the Lodge? Nobody would hunt the Lodge members otherwise - there was no evidence they were involved into assassinations. If Triss does not turn against them, and want to protect them, then her testimony is a testament to her insanity.

Guys, statuette was on Philipa's table - it is a fact.
If Philipa was looking for Triss, she would do it by triangulation, and could determine Triss was right there. Like with cell-phones in RL, or Triss triangulating Alvin in TW1.

What was a point of Cyntha bringing the statuette and put her on Philipa's table? Let's think rationally. Cynthia's cover is good only as long as she is not under any suspicion. If she is under suspicion, Philipa will do mind-probing, and find out she is a spy in no time. Let's say, Cynthia turns Triss into a statuette on her own. She would think about the best way of doing it, and where to hide it.

Her goals: to have a good hiding place with a minimal (or lesser) chance of discovery under the circumstances, and not to get under suspicion. Cynthia has to make a decision under uncertainty, and to come up with the best solution.

Two possible decisions - (a) to leave Triss in plain sight, on Philipa's table, or (b) to hide her in some other place, preferably outside Vergen.

There are ONLY TWO possibilities - either(1) Philipa senses Triss and triangulates her location, or (2) she can't do it.

1. Philipa can sense Triss and determine her location.
(a) If it happens, to have Triss in house is as bad as it gets. It is practically 100% chance of discovery, Cynthia is instantly under suspicion, and busted as a spy.
(b) To hide Triss outside Vergen - Triss will be discovered, but if to hide her well, and far away, in the ravines, for example, there is still a chance that the statuette won't be found. Also nobody will be able to connect a statuette to Cynthia at all.
Conclusion: the best way is to hide the statuette outside Vergen.

2. Philipa can't sense Triss.
(a) If Triss is in the house, still there is a chance of accidental discovery. Philipa may get curious, or a servant drops a statuette and finds Triss inside. If it happens, Cynthia is among the suspects, and eventually busted.
(b) If Triss is outside Vergen, a chance of discovery is practically zero, and even if it happens, nobody would connect Cynthia to this.
Conclusion: the best way is to hide the statuette outside Vergen.

So, if Cynthia did it on her own, in both cases it is the best to hide the statue outside Vergen. To think that Cynthia, against any good practical reasoning, chose to just put it on Philipa's table, is crazy. In this case both Cynthia and Philipa are presented as retards. Cynthia - for an immense stupidity, Philipa - for extreme short-sightedness.

I actually respect them both, and so I prefer to see Philipa as a cold and a very shrewd operator, who sacrifices even allies (Triss) if necessary, and not as a complete idiot. Also it is not something unheard of. Francesca turned Yen into a statuette on Thanedd, as we know. I think Philipa simply wanted Triss out of the picture until she settles things with the Free Pontar, and the summit. With Foltest's murder thing went out of hand a bit, and Philipa did not want to waste her time on dealing with Triss, persuading her, or whatever. She had a war to win, and the last thing she needed was some Lodge member going all self-righteous on her.

I understand that you guys have a sort of cognitive dissonance. You like the Lodge, all of them, Philipa and Triss included. But in TW2 Triss and the Lodge end up being enemies, and Triss, if she testifies, destroys the Lodge exactly as Nilfs do if they bring Letho.

I really do not like Triss' appearance because for me it simply does not make any sense. Triss is way too committed to the Lodge, and wouldn't unleash the knights of the Flaming Rose on all of the members, even if she has problems with Philipa and Sile.

Last edited:
i really do not like Triss' appearance too , is not making sense . if TW not a RPG i was thinking we did not help triss at all .because every time we help her Shilard has to die ! that is unacceptable ! this make me feel is a stupid quest I ever play . I help philippa every time not only because I like her or love her . I also went Shilard to live on to see his emperor face again and plus shilard make our story much more interest than a stupid triss ( am sorry to say this because...am hate you triss ! ) :p

Last edited:
So I am going to discuss primarily two "Romances" in TW2 and why some of them seem really at odds with Geralt's motives in the story(Should you decide to engage in them) Now thankfully , they are kept optional in the game so this isn't an attempt to complain but discuss how they could ever make sense.

1)Cynthia.The worst offender.

TW2 immediately establishes Triss as someone important in Geralt's life.The game gives you options about everything except this element.When you need to get the rose of remembrance Triss offers you help.Whether you accept her help or not ,she tells Geralt with absolute honesty that she wants to live with him and cares about him.She wants him to regain his memory and accepts Geralt for what he is.

People say its "a friends for benefit" kind of thing but TW2 really doesn't establish it as such on many occasions. Geralt himself prioritizes saving Triss when she gets kidnapped by letho and ,later, by Niilfgard.

Cynthia, the Niilfgardian sorceress and spy who double crossed the mighty philippa, was DIRECTLY involved in Triss' kidnapping.At that point Geralt isn't even sure if Triss is alive or got killed and Cynthia played a huge role in that.

How does it make any sense that Geralt could have a romance with such a character ? She is absolutely dangerous and untrustworthy and maybe have been responsible for Triss' death at that point.

Geralt would be a backstabbing , disloyal, horny lowlife if he engages Cynthia.

2)Succubus

Geralt is a monster slayer.Succubus are known to seduce man and could potentially be very dangerous.Geralt of all people should absolutely refuse to fall for her tricks.He is no ordinary man and should be extra cautious when around such a creature.

Imo Geralt would be a Gullible idiot as opposed to a legendary monster slayer if he romances a freaking succubus.

Generally I would say the relationships are a step back from TW1.Shani and Triss made a lot more sense to me than anything in TW2.

I hope TW3 continues to make every relationship optional.I tend to view Geralt as a man of morals who cares about his friends and I don't want that to be tarnished by such silly encounters.

About Cynthia: yes, she's a spy. So what? Geralt doesn't have allegiance to the North or to any Northern kings, and so doesn't have to care about mingling with foreign agents.

About Triss: Geralt's devotion to Triss in TW or TW2 is entirely dependent on player choice, and as such other players may not have the same attachment or relationship with Triss, which is why you have different options on what to do with her.

About the Succubus: she was hot and awesome. Why do I need to explain this? :p But more seriously, all monsters are not alike- there are monsters who kill, and there monsters who have symbiotic relationships with humans, and in this case the Succubus falls in the latter category. We can see this in our own lives where we have some bacteria which is harmful to us, but some with which we can co-exist rather well.

For my part, I hope TW3 has the same shades of grey environments and choices as the last two games- for example, I would not want to be shoe-horned into a romance with Yennefer because Geralt HAS to be loyal to someone he might not even love anymore, but that's me :]

In TW1, i brought Alvin to Triss because she simply has more knowledge about his magic powers than Shani. Seemed like the right thing to do. But i don't like Triss, and i didn't give her a ring, and i even told Foltest that we don't have anything special together.

Yet i start up TW2, load in my save, and there's Geralt, banging Triss on a regular basis, and being all cheesy towards her (like during the assault, suggesting to go back to do some more banging, and on the boat after escaping, where he asks her to ''tend to his wounds''). Wat?

Last edited:

Guest 2812644

This is not that complex.
The Sucubus is proffessional curiosity.
Ves was the heat of the moment.
In the case of Cynthia, it was the logical conclusion; if Geralt was so involved with Triss then why would he take time off to go dugeon diving. Cynthia is just icing on the cake.
All things considered Geralt epitomizes the saying " a stiff dick has no conscience."

But suspicions are not facts. Triss was wrong, Sile had nothing to do with Foltest's death. So, it is possible, Triss is probably not very insightful, and still ready to accuse people and send them to their death. But she talked about witnesses to Sile's crimes, and she had NO WITNESSES to back up her statement simply because there are none. That makes it probable that it was her revenge.

Triss is a member of the Lodge. In real life when a gang-member makes a deal and tells about crime of other members, he gets a reduced sentence. But he does not get a seat on a city council, and his words concerning other people involved are not instantly taken on faith. The same would be with Triss. Nobody should acquit Geralt just because she said so.

It is another of my reasons I do not like this Triss' senseless testimony. This part of the story was not really thought through, unlike Nilfgaardian part.

Triss did have witnesses, she got them either through the megascope or through Letho telling her everything after their teleport(he made sure to have witnesses that could link him to Sile). Roche could easily testify that Triss isn't part of the Lodge's plans and was innocent of the entire thing which she is. Sile retaliating with a fucking dragon pretty much proves her guilt.

Triss did have witnesses, she got them either through the megascope or through Letho telling her everything after their teleport(he made sure to have witnesses that could link him to Sile). Roche could easily testify that Triss isn't part of the Lodge's plans and was innocent of the entire thing which she is. Sile retaliating with a fucking dragon pretty much proves her guilt.

What witnesses did Triss get? Did we see any of it? All we have is her claim in front of a council, but nowhere in a game it was even hinted that she had any witnesses at all, and could actually put them in front of a jury. Through what megascope? The one that by all accounts Sile built in Flotsam, and the one she couldn't find Letho with, as we learned from Margo or Derai? There is no trace of any witnesses there. Well, if it makes sense to believe that contrary to everything we were told, by Zoltan and Dandy, Sile built megascope long before, and to imagine that there was record on it with some witnesses, then it makes sense to believe whatever we want concerning any character, on any imagined information.

Letho telling Triss everything does not make any sense in general, and especially given the conversation between the assassins we saw in a trance. We discussed it to death already on this forum. They worry about Triss betraying (notice the word here, with Triss herself being the Lodge member) that it was Sile who was behind Demovend's assassination, and that Letho should have killed her. So what, tell her and kill her right away? Letho tells in the epilogue about making sure the trustworthy witnesses SAW him and Sile together, and, obviously, he was not talking about Triss who never saw them together. He openly told that he already took care about this when he traveled with Sile, even before she asked them to kill Demovend. .

What witnesses did Triss get? Did we see any of it? All we have is her claim in front of a council, but nowhere in a game it was even hinted that she had any witnesses at all, and could actually put them in front of a jury. Through what megascope? The one that by all accounts Sile built in Flotsam, and the one she couldn't find Letho with, as we learned from Margo or Derai? There is no trace of any witnesses there. Well, if it makes sense to believe that contrary to everything we were told, by Zoltan and Dandy, Sile built megascope long before, and to imagine that there was record on it with some witnesses, then it makes sense to believe whatever we want concerning any character, on any imagined information.

Letho telling Triss everything does not make any sense in general, and especially given the conversation between the assassins we saw in a trance. We discussed it to death already on this forum. They worry about Triss betraying (notice the word here, with Triss herself being the Lodge member) that it was Sile who was behind Demovend's assassination, and that Letho should have killed her. So what, tell her and kill her right away? Letho tells in the epilogue about making sure the trustworthy witnesses SAW him and Sile together, and, obviously, he was not talking about Triss who never saw them together. He openly told that he already took care about this when he traveled with Sile, even before she asked them to kill Demovend. .

I'm thinking a megascope is like a personal computer? and records calls and such. Triss probably saw the history and saw Letho and his witcher eyes there.

Letho told triss everything, even Geralt said it didn't make sense. Letho's goal is to "kill kings and lay the blame on the Lodge" telling Triss everything including the witnesses accomplishes this goal. Letho's mission wasn't to get rid of the Council and Conclave just the Lodge.

I'm thinking a megascope is like a personal computer? and records calls and such. Triss probably saw the history and saw Letho and his witcher eyes there.

Letho told triss everything, even Geralt said it didn't make sense. Letho's goal is to "kill kings and lay the blame on the Lodge" telling Triss everything including the witnesses accomplishes this goal. Letho's mission wasn't to get rid of the Council and Conclave just the Lodge.

Yeah, I know what Triss said, and, as in case with Philipa and Sile, who lie in every sentence, I simply do not believe her. Here are some questions to ponder:

About megascope:
How are parts of the new megascope (Zoltan was polishing gems for it) could tell Triss about Letho if Sile couldn't find him with it?
Why would such record even exist in the first place? Letho was with Sile when she hired him, she prepared him for the assassination (no need of any megascopes), and as soon as he was done, and went looking for Iorveth, he stopped any contact with her.
Triss does not know, but we actually have witnesses to her using megascope, and they mentioned only two conversations - with Philipa and Dethmold. They started spying as soon as Triss and Cedric broke in, and stopped when Letho attacked them. None of these conversations tells about Letho. This is similar to a case when a detective presents witnesses to demonstrate that the suspect is lying to him. We have two conflicting accounts what Triss learned from the megascope, and I sure as hell believe Margo/derai.

About info Triss had:
She admitted she learned all of this crap before her supposed conversation with Letho, which made their conversation pretty much unnecessary if she already knew it all. It makes much more sense for Letho and his comrades to worry about Triss' revealing it if she already knew, from whatever source, and not when it was Letho who actually told her. These two things simply do not add up.
Why did Letho tell her anything, and jeopardize the entire operation? By the way, it was what Geralt asks, and all she said was - does it matter? IYeah, Triss, it does. Again, the entire story with the assassins makes sense only if Triss already knew about them and Sile, but Letho decided not to kill her, even though it was bad for his operation. But in this case her admission that Letho confessed to her does not make any sense.

So it is pretty simple - you can believe everything she said, and simply disregard what other people (Zoltan, Margo, Derai, assassins) said and did, or you do not believe her. I take other people's testimony over Triss' any day because none of them had any personal stake in lying, while Triss had

By the way, Triss telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, would be the first for any sorceress.

And yes, Letho's mission was not to prevent a Council and Conclave from being created. I never claimed it was. That was Shilard's diplomatic mission - to present Letho, have him confessed, frame the Lodge, aggravate the kings against the mages and sorceresses, and it would virtually guarantee that no organization of mages will be allowed in a foreseeable future. Radovid's behavior shows it very clearly. The Loc Muinne massacre and witch hunts were something very probable given proclivity of the northerners to start killing their own countrymen for any reason.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what Triss said, and, as in case with Philipa and Sile, who lie in every sentence, I simply do not believe her. Here are some questions to ponder:

About megascope:
How are parts of the new megascope (Zoltan was polishing gems for it) could tell Triss about Letho if Sile couldn't find him with it?
Why would such record even exist in the first place? Letho was with Sile when she hired him, she prepared him for the assassination (no need of any megascopes), and as soon as he was done, and went looking for Iorveth, he stopped any contact with her.
Triss does not know, but we actually have witnesses to her using megascope, and they mentioned only two conversations - with Philipa and Dethmold. They started spying as soon as Triss and Cedric broke in, and stopped when Letho attacked them. None of these conversations tells about Letho. This is similar to a case when a detective presents witnesses to demonstrate that the suspect is lying to him. We have two conflicting accounts what Triss learned from the megascope, and I sure as hell believe Margo/derai.

again a megascope might be like a computer, even if Sile deleted the file history there could still be remnants of the deletion similar to modern computers. Can Derae and Margo even understand what Triss was doing when she was running recover.exe on the gem?

About info Triss had:
She admitted she learned all of this crap before her supposed conversation with Letho, which made their conversation pretty much unnecessary if she already knew it all. It makes much more sense for Letho and his comrades to worry about Triss' revealing it if she already knew, from whatever source, and not when it was Letho who actually told her. These two things simply do not add up.
Why did Letho tell her anything, and jeopardize the entire operation? By the way, it was what Geralt asks, and all she said was - does it matter? IYeah, Triss, it does. Again, the entire story with the assassins makes sense only if Triss already knew about them and Sile, but Letho decided not to kill her, even though it was bad for his operation. But in this case her admission that Letho confessed to her does not make any sense.

By the way, Triss telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, would be the first for any sorceress.

Okay maybe I was wrong when I said Letho told Triss everything. I think he merely told her that Sile commissioned them to kill Demavend and cited the names of the witnesses who could link the sorceress and the witcher. How would telling Triss that affect the mission? He told her because she could frame the Lodge, another reason is that he wanted to save Triss' life with it as a favor to Geralt.

Triss probably told Letho she knew about his connection with Sile, in which Letho took advantage at the same time saving her life. Triss could have been hunted down like the other members of the Lodge who might have not been part of the regicide.

You know I have such a good memory. Here is a dialogue with Zoltan.

- How are you killing time in this hell-hole?
- At present? Polishing gems for Sile de Tansarvile. Requires precision, but it is well-paid work.
- Jewelry?
- Not quite. The sorceress is building a magical contraption. Spends her days staring at it - regular magpie eyeing a copper.

So Sile is building a megascope right there and then, with a pourpose of finding Letho, as we learn later. She does not find him, so there can't be any record of him there. All Triss gets is Sile's contacts with Dethmold and Philipa.
Bit of a late reply, but here it goes. If you ask Sile about what Zoltan has been doing for her, she tells you that he has been repairing her megascope for her. In other words, she already had the megascope before she came to Flotsam, thus she CAN have used it to contact Letho. So your theory about Triss lying about it because Sile didn't have a megascope yet is flawed.

Bit of a late reply, but here it goes. If you ask Sile about what Zoltan has been doing for her, she tells you that he has been repairing her megascope for her. In other words, she already had the megascope before she came to Flotsam, thus she CAN have used it to contact Letho. So your theory about Triss lying about it because Sile didn't have a megascope yet is flawed.

All right, let's even forget that two witnesses saw who Triss was talking to. I can agree that the foloowing is very probable:
Triss was on a meeting where they talked about Demovend's assassination. After Demovend's death she did NOTHING, even though she clearly knew (or, at least, suspected) that the lodge was behind it. Only after Foltest's death she decided to take action because of herself and Geralt. When she meets Sile in Flotsam, she decided to investigate, and that's why she broke into her room. Fair enough. Being on the meeting she new a general idea, but not particulars.
What is bad about it is that she did not tell Geralt any of it as soon as they meet Sile. Recall their conversation - she was hiding things from him. With Triss being present on the meeting, and knowing Letho was in the area, it was nearly obvious that Sile was connected to him, and thus, to both assassinations. She should have said all of this when she met him outside the gates on his way to Cedric. By having Sile apprehended and interrogated, she would have cleared Geralt's name. But she chose to hide it from him, and when Geralt is a wanted man in four kingdoms, and have bounty-hunters coming at him from every direction, it is pretty bad. Sure, it is a game, and we always can load a save, but in RL such behavior would lead to innocent people being killed for something they did not do, while someone was withholding the crucial information. Sure, Triss was protecting the Lodge, and she postponed telling Geralt before she spoke with Philipa. Even though her conversation with Philipa shows that she is concerned with Geralt's well-being, it also shows where her priorities lie - with the Lodge. Given that accusations against geralt are a big deal, does she behave like a real friend? No. She hangs around, sleeps with him, helps him from time to time, while trying to clear things up with the Lodge first.

Concerning assassins: it is reasonable to believe that Letho knew Triss was aware of his and Sile's dealings, and, even though it was very damaging to their plans (such news should be delivered when they have the most impact, on a summit, and not some under-the-table local Temerian deal), he let her go. That's why other assassins were not happy with his decision. But him actually giving her this info? No.

Last edited:
Sure, Triss was protecting the Lodge, and she postponed telling Geralt before she spoke with Philipa. Even though her conversation with Philipa shows that she is concerned with Geralt's well-being, it also shows where her priorities lie - with the Lodge. Given that accusations against geralt are a big deal, does she behave like a real friend? No. She hangs around, sleeps with him, helps him from time to time, while trying to clear things up with the Lodge first.

Concerning assassins: it is reasonable to believe that Letho knew Triss was aware of his and Sile's dealings, and, even though it was very damaging to their plans (such news should be delivered when they have the most impact, on a summit, and not some under-the-table local Temerian deal), he let her go. That's why other assassins were not happy with his decision. But him actually giving her this info? No.

Triss has always balanced the Lodge and her friends even in the books. You forget what the Lodge's primary goals were " a bulwark against Nilfgaard" and to protect the interests of magic, these are worthy goals and Triss didn't want to jeopardize them. The first thing she says talking to Philippa is that "..there goes our effort to bring peace" and "...the peace of Cintra hangs by a thread"

so she isn't as evil as think

Also Letho did give Triss the list of witnesses that could link him to Sile, how does doing that compromise their mission? He still accomplished his goal even if Triss accuses Sile in Chapter 3.

Triss has always balanced the Lodge and her friends even in the books. You forget what the Lodge's primary goals were " a bulwark against Nilfgaard" and to protect the interests of magic, these are worthy goals and Triss didn't want to jeopardize them. The first thing she says talking to Philippa is that "..there goes our effort to bring peace" and "...the peace of Cintra hangs by a thread"

so she isn't as evil as think

Also Letho did give Triss the list of witnesses that could link him to Sile, how does doing that compromise their mission? He still accomplished his goal even if Triss accuses Sile in Chapter 3.

It was never about Triss being evil. She is not. It was about her being not such a good friend because she chose the Lodge over Geralt when he was accused and hunted. She tries to keep Geralt as her lover, pretty much misleads him into thinking she was his true love, and, at the same time, takes the Lodge's interest over his well-being.

I always ask - why a hell after teleportig Letho to Vergen she does not return to Flotsam (she knows its coordinated because she used to teleport there) but runs to Philipa instead? All her adventures began because she could not commit - neither to the Lodge nor to Geralt.

The diplomatic mission would be compromised. As Shilard told Geralt on Iorveth's path, people on a summit (and here, I think, he meant the mages) are for a big surprise. Framing the Lodge (an organization of sorceresses) at the right time would guarantee that the kings would never agree to re-create a council. All of the Lodge's Northern members were on a list of proposed council members and royal advisers because all of them were very powerful and influential sorceresses. As we know from Blood of Elves the kings did not really like the Council and how much authority it had. With regicides commissioned by proposed major council members and royal advisers no way in hell they would agree to a new council. Radovid's reaction when he instantly ordered Carduin to drop on his knees or get shut was a confirmation.
But if Triss accused Sile still being in Temeria it would have become a local matter, the mages would instantly take measures to resolve this situation (they are not idiots, after all) and it won't be used against them on a summit.

Last edited:
It was never about Triss being evil. She is not. It was about her being not such a good friend because she chose the Lodge over Geralt when he was accused and hunted. She tries to keep Geralt as her lover, pretty much misleads him into thinking she was his true love, and, at the same time, takes the Lodge's interest over his well-being.

well yeah but the Lodge's goals were noble and they would've worked if it weren't for those pesky witchers. Geralt could take care of himself, there aren't a lot of Vilgefortz's and Bonharts around anymore. Triss wants to secure the future of all of the Northern Kingdoms so I understand how she chooses that over Geralt.

I always ask - why a hell after teleportig Letho to Vergen she does not return to Flotsam (she knows its coordinated because she used to teleport there) but runs to Philipa instead? All her adventures began because she could not commit - neither to the Lodge nor to Geralt.

I don't think you can teleport a long distance without using a megascope also she was wounded and was held prisoner by a troll. Philippa was the nearest sorceress who had a megascope.

The diplomatic mission would be compromised. As Shilard told Geralt on Iorveth's path, people on a summit (and here, I think, he meant the mages) are for a big surprise. Framing the Lodge (an organization of sorceresses) at the right time would guarantee that the kings would never agree to re-create a council. All of the Lodge's Northern members were on a list of proposed council members and royal advisers because all of them were very powerful and influential sorceresses. As we know from Blood of Elves the kings did not really like the Council and how much authority it had. With regicides commissioned by proposed major council members and royal advisers no way in hell they would agree to a new council. Radovid's reaction when he instantly ordered Carduin to drop on his knees or get shut was a confirmation.

Letho didn't care about the Council and Conclave just the Lodge. I think he told Triss to save her life while the other lodge members were hunted down. Shilard detained Triss for the reason above though.

But if Triss accused Sile still being in Temeria it would have become a local matter, the mages would instantly take measures to resolve this situation (they are not idiots, after all) and it won't be used against them on a summit.

Sile would probably get away, she wouldn't stay in prison for long without evidence and Triss would look like a fool.

Last edited:
Actually in the books they teleported long distance just fine. Also I did not notice any megascope in Philipa's house. Sile teleported from Vergen without any megascope as we can see in a cut-scene. She simply opened a regular portal, and did not leave any megascope behind. It is exactly as far from Flotsam to Vergen as from Vergen to Loc Muinne.

Letho did not care about about the Lodge as such. He cared only about his mission, and it was to kill the kings, frame the sorceresses, and meet up with Nilfgaardian delegation in order to testify. For his testimony to be effective Northerners shouldn't know about the Lodge's involvement beforehand. That's why his associates were unhappy with his decision to let Triss live.

Actually in the books they teleported long distance just fine. Also I did not notice any megascope in Philipa's house. Sile teleported from Vergen without any megascope as we can see in a cut-scene. She simply opened a regular portal, and did not leave any megascope behind. It is exactly as far from Flotsam to Vergen as from Vergen to Loc Muinne.

Well Triss isn't that good then or maybe Sile and Philippa teleported to a hidden megascope?

Well Triss isn't that good then or maybe Sile and Philippa teleported to a hidden megascope?

With megascope it is rather interesting. When Geralt and Dandy come, it lays broken on a floor. So it couldn't be used to teleport. I think Triss used it to contact Philipa and Dethmold, and then it was broken during when Letho attacked her and Cedric. It makes sense that Triss teleported them both without any megacope, and it was exactly when Letho switched the diamond on it. If they used a megascope to teleport it couldn't be faulty and it wouldn't be broken. But I doubt Letho was able to switch the diamonds any time later.
I think Sile had to use it in Loc Muinne because of the magical blockades. The powerful mages who had similar devices managed to flee, and only ordinary mages were massacred. For Sile it was an emergency exit because she had to leave it behind.

Last edited:
With megascope it is rather interesting. When Geralt and Dandy come, it lays broken on a floor. So it couldn't be used to teleport. .
"Then he ordered her to activate the megascope.. He needed to get to Aedirn..." - Cedric.
So they did use the megascope to teleport. I think a megascope comes in handy when having to teleport over great distances. The books are a bit vague about teleporting. It's often used for short-distance, for long-distance you sometimes need to do multiple teleportations. Can't remember if anything is said in the books about teleportation by using the megascope though.

I'm guessing that Letho also had a chance to change the diamond in Loc Muinne. Otherwise, something would have happened to Sile earlier on.

"Then he ordered her to activate the megascope.. He needed to get to Aedirn..." - Cedric.
So they did use the megascope to teleport. I think a megascope comes in handy when having to teleport over great distances. The books are a bit vague about teleporting. It's often used for short-distance, for long-distance you sometimes need to do multiple teleportations. Can't remember if anything is said in the books about teleportation by using the megascope though.

I'm guessing that Letho also had a chance to change the diamond in Loc Muinne. Otherwise, something would have happened to Sile earlier on.

Yes, I remember this conversation, and conversation with Sile in Kaedweni camp when she mentions it as well. But why did megascope get broken and scattered on the floor? Cedric did it? Why? Also it looked like a great opportunity for Letho to switch the diamonds. Letho can't exactly hide in the crowd or disguise himself, and him getting into Sile's place in LM would be very difficult.
It is one of very minor inconsistencies/strange things in TW2 I noticed. The most reasonable thing would be for Letho to get in while Triss was using a megascope, it gets broken in a struggle with her and Cedric, he switches the diamond, and makes Triss to teleport them without megascope.

But Sile obviously would use her megascope only for emergency teleportation because it would mean leaving a very expensive piece of equipment behind. With the magic barriers in place it was an emergency, and her only way out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom