Romance options and updates?

+

Would you like to see more romance options?

• Yes (Doesnt mean they stop developing other things obviously)

Votes: 121 86.4%
  • No (Romance is not important to me)

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • No "im good with them as they are"

Votes: 9 6.4%

• Total voters
Hey Citizens of Night City.
I might be utterly alone in this topic, but i find romances to really give this world life, and I feel drawn in by many characters and want to know more. Therefore im feeling the water on the forums and hoping that i either reach developers or likeminded people.
My suggestions and wishes that i would like to see in this game, is to give us players more options to romance other characters. I found it slightly dissapointing having created my male V and falling for Judy (I hope players who read this have played the game for some time), This naturally becomes a problem. So i'd hope that CDPR finds it in their hearts to either lift their respective restrictions. I'd also like to see more romance character options or even expansion of current romances. To many this might appear as sad or desperate to think that it holds so much attention for me. But I like to see characters develop.

So, in short.
-More romance options, removed restrictions for current romances.
-Introduction of new characters to romance in dlc's for instance.

I realise that this isnt nearly whats most important to the game. But I just dont want to see the game stopping to develop this aspect aswell. Sexuality and Love is a hallmark in Cyberpunk, its everywhere and i think most people have found it clear as day when playing, so keeping this up should naturally be maintained in my opinion.
Keep in my that this is not supposed to take away development time from story or gameplay.

not just romance options that are the issue,they made all these amazing people you meet and you don't learn jack about them and the cast is the driving force of this game. the writing the acting and so on made me actually start to give a damn about the characters like it should and then boom 3 to 5 missions later it's done. i would have easily sunk endless hours into doing things for and with the characters getting to know more about them and building a bigger bond with them and V. then they could have added that getting to know more about characters on top of the romance and expand on that also. you have these amazing characters and NO DEPTH. it all feels very shallow. i'd rather do loads of side missions with supporting and main characters then 40 gigs that dont add much to the story. i know they have bigger issues to work on first but someone should tag some of the dev team or someone who can pass info off to the dev team

Last edited:
Agree. Romances option if you don't like nomads and don't like lesbian geeks is....limited to say the least.
Gives us Hanako Arasaka. She's an interesting character.

not just romance options that are the issue,they made all these amazing people you meet and you don't learn jack about them and the cast is the driving force of this game. the writing the acting and so on made me actually start to give a damn about the characters like it should and then boom 3 to 5 missions later it's done. i would have easily sunk endless hours into doing things for and with the characters getting to know more about them and building a bigger bond with them and V. then they could have added that getting to know more about characters on top of the romance and expand on that also. you have these amazing characters and NO DEPTH. it all feels very shallow. i'd rather do loads of site missions with supporting and main characters then 40 gigs that dont add much to the story. i know they have bigger issues to work on first but someone should tag some of the dev team or someone who can pass info off to the dev team
I couldnt have put it better myself, I wish that more people were to see this. And i'd like nothing more than to @Alicja. and @Lilayah and @Dominika
Sorry for trying to catch ur attention, this might be completely out of line, but id like for anyone to atleast confirm that the devs know about this, or deliver this wish.

The only thing I can think of right now is just how expansive and incredibly crafted this world is. And next to that is how bleak and heartbreakingly tiny the romance pool is in comparison. I am hopeful for DLC romance or something in the future but at this moment romancing Takemura and so many other great characters will be a dream. :cry:

I do want more in-depth romance content a hundred percent! I'd love to see more characters that are concerned with the main plot and feel meaningful - for instance, I keep seeing Takemura, Viktor, Evelyn and Claire as suggestions. I also see a lot of worries about the current state of romance and how the progression is iced after you-know-what, so it would be nice to have some kind of expansion for that as well, to make the relationships feel more developed and natural.

Hoping for the best!

JexN7

Forum regular
Yes, it seems like a lot of people take issue with the bugs, but those can always be fixed. My gruff, as is with many here, is with the superficial characters and lack of deep romance. I can't really bond with the characters and if I can't feel that bond then the world feels boring and the game a waste of time.

This is a YUGE feature that I think is equally important as the bugs.

Adding more i'd have to say no at this point depending on what

If it's a update that breeds more life into NC by adding more prostitues, bars, pole dancers, brain dance etc etc for everyone then sure im all for it

If it's adding more options in the vein of more characters thus more dialogue, scenes an perhaps missions then no definitely not now nor maybe future.

If it builds or tweaks current options then yes, i seen nothing in Judy's dialogue or the way she addresses V to see any major work required for that to happen, the only problem the now is the sex scene but i'd be fine with FTB, i can't speak for other current options as i've not experienced them.

If it builds on story, emotion, interaction with current options im great with that but feel it needs left for dlc depending on what exactly it is, if it's more "new" options then it also needs left for dlc and they can/could introduce these new characters while hopefully learning what they did right and wrong and expanding ppl's current option.

Im no dev but the path of least resistance looks to be to work with whats available, see what you did right and wrong, tweak where possible and expand, right now, before dlc etc i'd be happy just with more texts between V and there other half while CDPR got on top of everything else but i've no idea how hard, the cost or how much time even that would be

I just want to say.
Im playing CP2077 for about 5 days and no error or bug caused me such a pain as 4 dialog lines with Panam Palmer after completing romance story with her :(
I totally like that woman,also I like a lot more NPC's in this game,but theres just no any interactions with them,I would like to see a lot more side missions with npc s like Panam Palmer,Joodi...
And what i want to see even more:some REAL romance,not s*x in tank -_-
I want meetings with crush,possibility to take them as partners to the missions, A LOT MORE DIALOGUES,life...
I hope that devs will breath a life in their masterpiece,this storyline,charecters,city...its deserve a lot more,also players deserve a lot more
P.S yeah,im totally in love with Palmer :p MORE MISSIONS WITH THAT BEUTY :d
Thanks for attenrion and I really hope that devs will see this and my small dream will come true :)

game defiantly needs more romantic partner options.
and 100% they need to expand on them, after there quests are over, no calls, new dialog or anything, they ghost you
Cant even sleep in Judys bed after her quest is over, and if you ask to sleep with her again she says no, "quality over quantity" ....
i feel that line is a big FU from the developers, like yes the quest was fun .... now what

yeah that bugs me, they show you as having an apartment on the map, and you go there, but you cant interact with things? other than things laying around. like it would be nice to sleep there! or sit on the couch! i just romanced kerry and he noticed there is no option for him to say goodbye. they wrote in him saying "little rude" like i know!!

i would love to do a sidequest and help a woman with something, then she would give me her contacts and later we could go to club for drinks and dances and finally romance :D

Hey Citizens of Night City.
I might be utterly alone in this topic, but i find romances to really give this world life, and I feel drawn in by many characters and want to know more. Therefore im feeling the water on the forums and hoping that i either reach developers or likeminded people.
My suggestions and wishes that i would like to see in this game, is to give us players more options to romance other characters. I found it slightly dissapointing having created my male V and falling for Judy (I hope players who read this have played the game for some time), This naturally becomes a problem. So i'd hope that CDPR finds it in their hearts to either lift their respective restrictions. I'd also like to see more romance character options or even expansion of current romances. To many this might appear as sad or desperate to think that it holds so much attention for me. But I like to see characters develop.

So, in short.
-More romance options, removed restrictions for current romances.
-Introduction of new characters to romance in dlc's for instance.

I realise that this isnt nearly whats most important to the game. But I just dont want to see the game stopping to develop this aspect aswell. Sexuality and Love is a hallmark in Cyberpunk, its everywhere and i think most people have found it clear as day when playing, so keeping this up should naturally be maintained in my opinion.
Keep in my that this is not supposed to take away development time from story or gameplay.

100% agree, especially on expansions. Panam needs a reboot because the relationship seems to do a 180 once the end of the game starts. You basically feel friendzoned after having sex even though her walls broke down and you've kissed and misses you and then boom, nothing. Like even a casual relationship would get more acknowledgment when you're about to go and potentially die lol. Considering she was the one making out like she was looking for something real and deep. Definitely didn't feel like it in the end at all.

so many restaurants,food stands, bar and cafes i wanna at least be able to call them and bring them out to just have fun .

this game's romance is the epitome of Wham bam thank you ma'am, after the sex scene theres only a handful more new dialogue...

dun get me wrong, im 100s of hours into the game and really enjoy it but its seriously lacking in the immersion

Top Bottom