Romance: Quality over quantity, V

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, if my V is a lesbian and her girlfriend is judy, why when she talk with River about her ex, her ex are all men? I want to tell him that my V is in to women or tell him 'I have a girlfriend'.
This really is so obvious of a response to make it easy on the character and yourself, and I don't see why it wouldn't be there as an option by default. If the game currently isn't able to detect that you are in a relationship, as a way to make it easy on the person, still simply say you are into girls/guys or say you have a special someone. Seems very simple fix.

I can only subscribe it to be an oversight since its so easy to add really. They couldn't know which romance quest you would go for first nor answer you would give so they didn't feel they needed to code in such an answer to give to the one you reject. But ofc they can code away that issue. And likely they will tbh.

Its something worth always mentioning since its easy to address.

This really is so obvious of a response to make it easy on the character and yourself, and I don't see why it wouldn't be there as an option by default. If the game currently isn't able to detect that you are in a relationship, as a way to make it easy on the person, still simply say you are into girls/guys or say you have a special someone. Seems very simple fix.

I can only subscribe it to be an oversight since its so easy to add really. They couldn't know which romance quest you would go for first nor answer you would give so they didn't feel they needed to code in such an answer to give to the one you reject. But ofc they can code away that issue. And likely they will tbh.

Its something worth always mentioning since its easy to address.
Could you add this on your list, please?

What part?
5th point under the Depression part, it says that there is a lack of such responses.
However I still added now the point for its implementation under the Hope section 2nd point.

And am at the limit I can't add any more letters, there seems to be a 25k character limit to a post/thread D:,

Good post. I have always avoided romances in any games if I can, I see no need for them and I regard romances as distracting, just my opinion. That said, I broke my golden rule after I got into this game after eighty plus hours and decided to see where this was going to go, I looked up the possible endings. I was getting concerned after reading other posts on this topic and now it seems that an ending relies on who you romanced during the game.

If appears to me at this stage of my game that you cannot have a good or happy ending without romancing someone. Why? No matter what I do at this point, it looks like I'm heading for a bad ending. I'll just go with it and see what happens. To be fair, I know many of you folks like romancing and that's fine, I get it, but there should be a way for some of us (I would think that I am not alone on this) that can complete the game with something resembling a happy ending for V with out romancing anyone.

The one thing I miss in games today is they never seem to include a happy ending for your character, it usually is a doom and gloom kind of thing. Call me old fashioned (and I am) but I would like to see V walk off intact and happy at the end. My V's future isn't looking good right now because of the way I have played up to now. I really don't get it.

I should add, that I did accidently romance Panam but I didn't want to. I'd go back to an earlier save, try different dialogue choices and it still happened. I could not avoid it, in my game anyway. I gave up, and while I liked the character of Panam, I didn't want to romance her, I couldn't care less. Will that make any difference? I don't know.

Kerry Eurodyne is all-around a very sketchy romance option.

He's at least 70 (Being a contemporary of Johnny).
His aging is really, really, creepily off. Other old people in game have signs of aging, he does not, and he hasn't had a Doll makeover to account for it either - since that's very very noticeable...

All the others seem to be of an age with V (which seems to be 20-30ish), but the gay male option is 2-3 times his age? No, somebody f*cked some sh*t up real good there...

(Edit: and lets not even go into the part how it's more about Johnny than V for Kerry too...)

His aging is really, really, creepily off. Other old people in game have signs of aging, he does not, and he hasn't had a Doll makeover to account for it either - since that's very very noticeable...

All the others seem to be of an age with V (which seems to be 20-30ish), but the gay male option is 2-3 times his age? No, somebody f*cked some sh*t up real good there...

(Edit: and lets not even go into the part how it's more about Johnny than V for Kerry too...)

Rich people can pay to look and feel young.

Look at the Arasaka family. Yorinobu and Hanako are around 80 years old. Saburo, who admittedly doesn't look young at all, was over 150.

Rich people can pay to look and feel young.

Look at the Arasaka family. Yorinobu and Hanako are around 80 years old. Saburo, who admittedly doesn't look young at all, was over 150.
Yeah just think that Michiko Arasaka founded danger girl in 2045 and shes the daughter of Kei the eldest son of soburo that died age for these people is unknown

The questionable level of romances is just another result of rush and unstable development of this game. The main story, as well as everything in this game, is linear and heavily scripted, everything seems to be done just to "work somehow", and implementing plot variety depending of your love interest choice will bring a lot of extra work, which devs can not allow themselves without breaking what they already have build.

Just think, the only nonlinear quest in the game is the Meredith`s one,which also has no effect on main story, the whole game world is static, you can't even pet your cat or drink a cup of coffee, and you are talking about some deep immersion in dating sims style + main story influence...

It would be nice of course, but I'm sure it not gonna happen

The questionable level of romances is just another result of rush and unstable development of this game. The main story, as well as everything in this game, is linear and heavily scripted, everything seems to be done just to "work somehow", and implementing plot variety depending of your love interest choice will bring a lot of extra work, which devs can not allow themselves without breaking what they already have build.

Just think, the only nonlinear quest in the game is the Meredith`s one,which also has no effect on main story, the whole game world is static, you can't even pet your cat or drink a cup of coffee, and you are talking about some deep immersion in dating sims style + main story influence...

Night City isn't however limited to only one story. The saving graces of romance questlines is that they aren't that heavily involved in the main one, meaning they can still grow and impact the city and your own path in NC through the side stories. There is not even need to try weave them into the main plot to a more significant part but there are so many options outside for them to impact other characters and plots.
I agree that the current structure is linear and I am personally not asking to try dissect it and rearrange to include our romanced partners in it, but the main story still can impact them on the other hand in their own side quests.

I also see potential in Night City to make more than one "main story", the Johnny Silverhand one doesn't have to be that big of an impact when you can make countless others with the setting, themes and characters you have. Am not aware how determined CDPR is going to be when it comes to sticking to the linearity of that main plot, but when it comes to missed opportunities I feel many are still unfulfilled on the sidelines that would still be able to introduce not only deeper meaningful romances but missing features, gameplay approaches, tech and explore the lore and themes of Night City from other angles. Like the missing immersion and interaction with the city itself. It feels barebones in many places and other possibilities were gutted because of it.

Personally I don't necessarily mind the linearity in the romances, I trust the writers to present the characters in the best way following their vision, it is what made them so impactful to us. So the suggestions I try propose usually still stick along those lines to keep their plans of where those characters should go while trying to add things to give it more meaning. As I stated, the game has made a character that you are now personally invested in, it can use that investment as a plot device in future as well as expand our interaction with said character. When you boil it down to most of us, just more time with them would already make us happy. We of course argue points and wishes best we can, we throw maybe far reaching and unrealistic expectations of interactivity and choice consequence. We do so because we have faith that CDPR can still deliver on it, if they don't or choose not to, that is okey, we will all have been wrong and most likely not find any reason to replay the game or give it more time aside from going tru the motions of the love and impact it made on us the first time around.

Last edited:

I was genuinely pissed you couldn't romance Rogue more thoroughly. 80 years old or not.

Then again, I'd choose Alt or Rogue over Panam.

Evelyn too.

I prefer my video game women slightly evil. :)

Night City isn't however limited to only one story. The saving graces of romance questlines is that they aren't that heavily involved in the main one, meaning they can still grow and impact the city and your own path in NC through the side stories.
That can be done, I'm almost sure that DLC will bring some extra romances like it was for Shani and Sylvia in Witcher, but still, those are just an extra quest with a limited amount of interactions, and once you complete them, there will be no more actions available to do with your love interest.
As far as I can see from this thread, a lot of people disappointed with the fact we can't interact with romanceable characters once "romance" quest line is completed, and they just forgot about our existence.

The game just doesn't have such a mechanics like "hi cousin Roman, let's go bowling", like it was in GTA4 :)
So it will always be limited with amount of available quests.

That can be done, I'm almost sure that DLC will bring some extra romances like it was for Shani and Sylvia in Witcher, but still, those are just an extra quest with a limited amount of interactions, and once you complete them, there will be no more actions available to do with your love interest.
As far as I can see from this thread, a lot of people disappointed with the fact we can't interact with romanceable characters once "romance" quest line is completed, and they just forgot about our existence.

The game just doesn't have such a mechanics like "hi cousin Roman, let's go bowling", like it was in GTA4 :)
So it will always be limited with amount of available quests.
You are right, that is the main concern for most people, the inability to just show any affection or do anything with them past the initial quests. The game sort of wants you to forget the wonderful time and night you spent together right after. And who could blame us, its written and executed so well and to have such an abrupt start... Feels like a slap in the face. Can't be denied that so much love went into those characters and their dialogue, that is the reason I feel it is worth asking to have more time with them.

I don't know if its just a check list for the CDPR team, and if they just did their best and limited themselves to not giving it more space to grow after. Just so to focus on other parts of the game that needed attention due to time pressure. I hope they care enough to address some of the concerns we list in future. On our part we can only stay vocal about it and see where it goes.

I have mentioned before, despute first person view and quests and the city the most immersive thing in the end is the characters and there humanity or lack of it and the attachments you make as you play your character.

Theres endless suggestions to improve them and almost anything is better than the way it is now, damm judys been ignoring me for alnost a week really in the doghouse.

On a side note id quite like a romance based on life path option, so say meredith carrys on after it is now if your a corpo , say shes struggling and a ex corpo with your skills helps her on her climb and she gets to trust you.

Sandra dorsett quite nice to be a nice extra option, but the main thing is to make it worth while.

Even just a pre set tx msg exchange we cam start just 5 or 6 basic msgs that lead to random convos to start with , cmon its immersion breaking as they are now.

I have mentioned before, despute first person view and quests and the city the most immersive thing in the end is the characters and there humanity or lack of it and the attachments you make as you play your character.

Theres endless suggestions to improve them and almost anything is better than the way it is now, damm judys been ignoring me for alnost a week really in the doghouse.

On a side note id quite like a romance based on life path option, so say meredith carrys on after it is now if your a corpo , say shes struggling and a ex corpo with your skills helps her on her climb and she gets to trust you.

Sandra dorsett quite nice to be a nice extra option, but the main thing is to make it worth while.

Even just a pre set tx msg exchange we cam start just 5 or 6 basic msgs that lead to random convos to start with , cmon its immersion breaking as they are now.
After some digging right before the peralez quest Judy completely goes uninteractable you would think during the quest after getting new text from her of being drunk or showing you her editing that youd get more lines but hell no thats it till the u get to the end quite said i mentioned this couple times
Post automatically merged:

After some digging right before the peralez quest Judy completely goes uninteractable you would think during the quest after getting new text from her of being drunk or showing you her editing that youd get more lines but hell no thats it till the u get to the end its quite said i mentioned this couple times
Unless they have more lines from the cut content they did or DLC's as much as i want more of her i dont think we'll get any maybe text messages but i hope im wrong its just that i think these days making extra line from voice actors who alrdy worked on a project seems a bit hard to do i really hope im wrong

Last edited:
After some digging right before the peralez quest Judy completely goes uninteractable you would think during the quest after getting new text from her of being drunk or showing you her editing that youd get more lines but hell no thats it till the u get to the end quite said i mentioned this couple times

Unless they have more lines from the cut content they did or DLC's as much as i want more of her i dont think we'll get any maybe text messages but i hope im wrong its just that i think these days making extra line from voice actors who alrdy worked on a project seems a bit hard to do i really hope im wrong
There is currently a supposedly leaked statement from a CDPR dev that works on the game on reddit. It says lot about what was cut and where the plans currently lie. A bit of the statement I picked on in regards to dialogue was
You'd be amazed by how much is already done. That "cut content so people finish the main quest" talk was all bulls***. Most apartments with "Closed (locked)" indications used to be lootable, we've scrapped 50,000+ lines of dialogue and I believe the June update will bring a whole lot of cut content back into the game.

Cut 50,000+ lines of dialogue... My guess is that lot of it is already recorded, but seeing as these things go not all end up in the final release. I assume that many of those lines are from the characters we wish to see most. So am sure we will get some of it back hopefully most. There is probably lots of Keanu there too.

And like you I really hope those voice actors will be up for more if necessary. They deserve so much love, the voice actors gave it all so much life.

There is currently a supposedly leaked statement from a CDPR dev that works on the game on reddit. It says lot about what was cut and where the plans currently lie. A bit of the statement I picked on in regards to dialogue was

Cut 50,000+ lines of dialogue... My guess is that lot of it is already recorded, but seeing as these things go not all end up in the final release. I assume that many of those lines are from the characters we wish to see most. So am sure we will get some of it back hopefully most. There is probably lots of Keanu there too.

And like you I really hope those voice actors will be up for more if necessary. They deserve so much love, the voice actors gave it all so much life.
You totally read my mind i was gonna post it but then i waited that got me super hypedddd thoo i honesly think at this point everything we wrote could all come true all together xddd if all the cut content will come in june all whatever then we all gonna be happy and year i hope too that the voice actor are up for more stuff you never know these days everything can happen

You totally read my mind i was gonna post it but then i waited that got me super hypedddd thoo i honesly think at this point everything we wrote could all come true all together xddd if all the cut content will come in june all whatever then we all gonna be happy and year i hope too that the voice actor are up for more stuff you never know these days everything can happen
If this game turns into a no man sky im all in the article was pretty huge

For example, if my V is a lesbian and her girlfriend is judy, why when she talk with River about her ex, her ex are all men? I want to tell him that my V is in to women or tell him 'I have a girlfriend'.

And Why I don't have an option to tell him about my V's exgirlfriends?

Yeah that whole talk at dinner with River was awkward even for a male V. When his sister was sort of hitting on you, asking if you're single and you can't explicitly say no even if in a romance with someone.

That's not entirely accurate. The romances in this game, especially Panam, are by far the most fleshed out in any RPG including the Bioware ones and vanilla Witcher 3. That said, there will always be finite content. There are some good suggestions in this thread on how to counter that, but at the end of the day it will still be finite even with repeatable dynamic content. No one is asking for plot variety so I'm no sure where that's coming from. Just for romances to not completely drop off the face of the map once you do the final quest/sex scene.

To say the game is nonlinear is disingenuous at best. There are a multitude of choices that can affect things in the world, including quests that will affect completely unrelated quests down the line. This whole notion that the game is static is perpetuated by people who have either never done more than one playthrough, or are picking the same choices over and over again.

And going back to the romances, no this isn't sims at all what people are asking for. It's simple dynamic events that even AC Valhalla managed to get right. This isn't rocket science here, nor is it unattainable. They were already headed in that direction with Corvo Bianco in Witcher 3, so it isn't like this is outside of CDPRs realm of possibility.

If you're referring to that guy claiming to be a developer that was posted on reddit today, don't believe that. Aside from the obvious fiction, his argument really fell apart when he started spouting amateurish nonsense about programming. The stuff he was saying about how it works, and the false claim that each platform specific version of the game has unique code exposed it as a lie. I won't bother to go point for point on it here as I don't want to detract from the purpose of this thread, but any one with a basic understanding of how programming works in game development can see that is a BS leak from that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom