Romance: Quality over quantity, V

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see lots of people wanting a companion system, but I, myself, can't see finding any enjoyment in that. Other than some random dialogue here and there, they would become a random friendly NPC that follows you around and shoots stuff. That strips down the characters to mindless bots that are braindead (AI now) and have nothing to offer but to eat bullets. And it doesn't even make sense when it comes to some of them. Let's take Judy, for example. Why would she go out with you and shoot stuff? That doesn't make any sense in terms of her character. Yes, she can be useful as a hacker of some sort, but then how does that change anything? You don't need companions in this game, no matter how good the AI is.

What we do need is this:
I agree. I'll settle for more content in an expansion, especially if it's a Citadel like DLC, but if CDPR is willing to put in more content in the game with our LIs then that would be amazing. I want more scenes. More interactivity. I want to see those looks from Judy that Johnny noticed. I wanna see more of Panam inviting V over to stuff as a thinly veiled excuse to just see him again.

Give me more please.

Mmm, they seem very generic to me, if i am to compare them to the Witcher Romances then CP77 is terrible in comparison. They just don't go anywhere once you complete the required check box's.

Wat!? You can have an army of NPCs with you lol xD
If anyone tests please let me know how it works out for you!
They are as you would expect - useless. It's the same system that you can abuse when you get a friendly NPC following you on a mission. It's just that now, you can get anyone with you.

But hey, at least you can make some good pics with them.

Last edited:
I don't have the intention to read all 8 pages of posts, but I want to atleast give my take on the incredibly lost potential of Meredith's romance.

As of now, (or atleast how I understand it) there are 2 major romances in the game: Judy and Panam. You could distinguish then as Nomad romance (Panam) and streetkid romance (Judy). For me, they are major because they have influence in the endings you can get. Others, like River and Kerry only appear in the voicemail which is not very significant. The game has three lifepaths but only 2 romaces belonging to them. And that's where Meredith comes in as the third major romance appropriate for the corpo lifepath!

How could this play out? In the game, it's obvious that for Stout, V is only another pawn that she can take advantage of. I think it's safe to say, that she got used to manipuplating people and throwing them away afterwards on daily basis. And V is of course another toy soldier for her to use. That's basically what also happens in the game but how could this be built upon? What if, we as a player could show feelings towards Meredith, that for us she was more than just one night thing? I'm not an expert on relationships, but I think this could work! Just imagine being in Meredith's shoes, in achieving your goal of stepping up the Militech ranking ladder you use people all the time. It's obviuos everyone will begin to hate you and (impliyng that Stout's "Never again" tattoo means she was betrayed by her lover) you know making friends is too risky and you are better off to continue on your own. You use V like you did many others before, but for some reason this one merc is keen to meet you? Even after all the things you did them? Who is this V?
Aaaand, that's where I think this romance could continue!

Also, did you notice that except The Peralezze's 2 quests there are no actual corpo sidequests? While you can have plenty of adventures helping the residents of Night City and the Aldeclados you are never actually able to help the higher ranking corpos? By corpos I don't mean NCPD, I mean Arasaka, Militech, Biotechnica and many other major corporations in Night City. And now just imagine if Meredith got the same amount of sidequests as Panam for example, but oriented on corporate matters. For example helping Meredith in her goals, setting up controversies to ruin public image of the competing corporation, influencing the corpo leaders by any means necessary,..... basically something to give the Corpo V something more to suit their origin, while at the same time having to listen to Johnny's rants! Heck, you are becoming a corpo rat, the one he hates the most! And just imagine the banter Johnny could have had arround Meredith!

Another great possibility of this romance could be another extra ending! Right now, if you side with the corpos, and follow Hanako's plan you can only get "bad endings". But what if you could also call Meredith?! What if you could call Militech for help? Afterall, Militech and Arasaka were enemies ever since! Are you willing to start the fifth Corporate War just because there is a "chance" it might save your life? Of course I would be willing! Remeber the doll's advice? "If you have to burn this city, then let it burn..."! And now just imagine storming Mikoshi with the whole Militech army behind your back provided by Meredith! Now that could have potential!

I don't have the intention to read all 8 pages of posts, but I want to atleast give my take on the incredibly lost potential of Meredith's romance.

As of now, (or atleast how I understand it) there are 2 major romances in the game: Judy and Panam. You could distinguish then as Nomad romance (Panam) and streetkid romance (Judy). For me, they are major because they have influence in the endings you can get. Others, like River and Kerry only appear in the voicemail which is not very significant. The game has three lifepaths but only 2 romaces belonging to them. And that's where Meredith comes in as the third major romance appropriate for the corpo lifepath!

How could this play out? In the game, it's obvious that for Stout, V is only another pawn that she can take advantage of. I think it's safe to say, that she got used to manipuplating people and throwing them away afterwards on daily basis. And V is of course another toy soldier for her to use. That's basically what also happens in the game but how could this be built upon? What if, we as a player could show feelings towards Meredith, that for us she was more than just one night thing? I'm not an expert on relationships, but I think this could work! Just imagine being in Meredith's shoes, in achieving your goal of stepping up the Militech ranking ladder you use people all the time. It's obviuos everyone will begin to hate you and (impliyng that Stout's "Never again" tattoo means she was betrayed by her lover) you know making friends is too risky and you are better off to continue on your own. You use V like you did many others before, but for some reason this one merc is keen to meet you? Even after all the things you did them? Who is this V?
Aaaand, that's where I think this romance could continue!

Also, did you notice that except The Peralezze's 2 quests there are no actual corpo sidequests? While you can have plenty of adventures helping the residents of Night City and the Aldeclados you are never actually able to help the higher ranking corpos? By corpos I don't mean NCPD, I mean Arasaka, Militech, Biotechnica and many other major corporations in Night City. And now just imagine if Meredith got the same amount of sidequests as Panam for example, but oriented on corporate matters. For example helping Meredith in her goals, setting up controversies to ruin public image of the competing corporation, influencing the corpo leaders by any means necessary,..... basically something to give the Corpo V something more to suit their origin, while at the same time having to listen to Johnny's rants! Heck, you are becoming a corpo rat, the one he hates the most! And just imagine the banter Johnny could have had arround Meredith!

Another great possibility of this romance could be another extra ending! Right now, if you side with the corpos, and follow Hanako's plan you can only get "bad endings". But what if you could also call Meredith?! What if you could call Militech for help? Afterall, Militech and Arasaka were enemies ever since! Are you willing to start the fifth Corporate War just because there is a "chance" it might save your life? Of course I would be willing! Remeber the doll's advice? "If you have to burn this city, then let it burn..."! And now just imagine storming Mikoshi with the whole Militech army behind your back provided by Meredith! Now that could have potential!
Glad to see someone mentioning Meredith stout because it could have been its own arc

dating sim has nothing to do with the Cyberpunk romance. People are asking for more immersion and more logical development for romance
Yeah. A "dating sim" what buyniypedalik's thinking of, is a visual novel. People are actually asking for the game to get away from that. Because the way the romances get cut off, or have no game mechanics. Plays much like that.
Post automatically merged:

Remeber the doll's advice? "If you have to burn this city, then let it burn..."! And now just imagine storming Mikoshi with the whole Militech army behind your back provided by Meredith! Now that could have potential!
Techincally, Corpo V is a moron in many ways. But nothing was stopping V in making Alt get control of Arasak's resoruces. And give total control to V. Taking over Arasaka company forcefully. That's what I wanted to do. The moment I couldn't be cured.

Last edited:
In The Pickup mission, if you help Militech you can stand with Meredith one night (though then there's no more). If you help Maelstrom you won't get anything :giveup::giveup::giveup: It's not fair :cry::cry::cry:

So how about Dum Dum? His personality like River+Kerry, and I guess he has a chrome below or even like an electric drill :giggle::giggle::giggle: let that sink in :giggle::giggle::giggle:
And I agree we need Meredith's romance option.

I also like Takemura and Oda become romance option. Needless to say about Takemura, I know many people including me think this guy is dang sweet. Oda has few appearances and fewer chance that can see his face clearly, I guess many people don’t know what he actually looks like... He is actually a cute goth, I think he is looks like a goth rocker. He maybe a tsundere, he is fierce and sharp-tongue, but actually good in heart. He never betrayed Takemura, even in an emergency. He didn't reveal any word about Takemura and V to Adam Smasher. In the boss fight it can also be seen from the dialogue that he just wants to stop V.
But I think if it comes true, Takemura and Oda will probably only can choose one forcibly in some way (such as sexual orientation), because if both can romance at the same time, it will be embarrassing,
I think this probably the reason of why male V can't romance with Judy, because it will make the star ending embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom