Romance Questlines Are Heartbreakingly Short And End Abruptly. (Potential Spoilers)

+
They are pointless, give you nothing, and what about those 10 second sex scene wtf ( how can you even fap to that ).
It truly feel like they cut that content.
This is the greatest comment in this whole forum. LMAO

I think the 10 seconds is because of guidelines from the people who classify the rating of the game. This company/series has pushed the limit to say the least for what a rated M game can look like. For obvious reasons (money and attracting younger players with parent permission) they avoided that Adult only rating. [This is my assumption]

I've only seen one sex scene in the game, and that was Judy's. It was really well done, the best sex scene I've seen in a game. I did not think it detracted from the story, but added to it.

Her sex scene was very intimate, and like I've said in other posts, it went right with the tone of the relationship. Also the conversation that takes place after was perfectly in line with everything that had happened. Top notch stuff.

First person perspective for the win!

Anyway, I wish I had more date time with Judy.

They may be short, but the Panam romance is easily the best romance story/experience I've ever had in a game, Thank you to CDPR for all of that.

She really felt like a real person that I related to on a deep level.
That was a life changing experience for me.

It's clear that they poured their heart and souls into it, and I hope for an endless universe of content (and way more development and progression with Panam, please!)

I'm bummed too that all the relationships feel limited, they aren't long term, they don't evolve over time.

I also can't believe there are only two joytoys in the game. And all those sex toys are useless. All those BDs you can't watch. Can't wait for the modding community to get ahold of this and hopefully live up to some of the hype CDPR failed to.

They are pointless, give you nothing, and what about those 10 second sex scene wtf ( how can you even fap to that ).
It truly feel like they cut that content.

Judy's sex scene was two minutes of sweetness and fit in with the rest of the romance. The only problem was that the relationship "froze;" there is only one conversation after moving in with her and she has sent only two texts. She needs more conversations, quests, and V should be able to sleep with her (with the chance that sleeping will trigger an additional sex scene).

Forget Judy, River, Kerry, and Panam. Rachel should have been a romance option.
cyberpunk rachel.png

I went back and watched the Judy scene on Youtube again and it is incredible how well she is animated. All you have to do is just look at how her eyes are animated during the scene to get a sense of how well and life like it is put together. It is so good that is is heartbreaking to think they didn't put in the same amount of work on the relationship system in general and wrote these characters off as some sort of trophy you get for having sex with them when relationships are nothing like that what so ever. They continue and dynamically change which would have been a good opportunity for role play. CDPR dropped the ball on this as well.

This is the greatest comment in this whole forum. LMAO

I think the 10 seconds is because of guidelines from the people who classify the rating of the game. This company/series has pushed the limit to say the least for what a rated M game can look like. For obvious reasons (money and attracting younger players with parent permission) they avoided that Adult only rating. [This is my assumption]
I was talking about Meredit Stout.
Another romance that could have lead to interesting things, like mission for Militech, or discovering another side of Night City the corporate side of it.

For obvious reasons (money and attracting younger players with parent permission) they avoided that Adult only rating. [This is my assumption]
This game currently is rated R18+ in my country I don't think CDPR necessarily cares about a younger audience for this game. Nor should they.
You'd need to change the government and esrb around the world to change the extremeness of ratings
But you can fake your age so easy and buy it digitally (rip ps4 atm) so ultimately you're restricted to R18+ content
(unless X rating somehow makes it's way into AAA games)

I just finished my first playthrough! I racked up a total of 50 hours and I gotta say this game is amazing especially from a Story and Character perspective.

I went through as a male nomad V and I really delved into as many side quests as I could, I finished the storylines for River, Judy, and my favourite :love:Panam:love:

However I've been heartbroken since I finished the final quest with Panam. It seems like as soon you are getting to know her and as soon as you are getting to know the nomads the questline just ends. Poof! Gone... I looked into and I realized there were only 3 personal quests related to her </3 and only 2 main story quests (besides the you know what). A total of 5 quests that only lasts about 3 hours maybe? Same with River, his questline is even shorter leaving little to no options for straight female V. I've also heard people complaining about how short the time they got to spend with Judy and she has the most content out of all of them!

Maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal to me if you could perhaps do somethings with her afterwards? Like go out to bars, or call her to sleep over or vice versa. Call her to come shoot some bad guys with you. I know she has her responsibilities now, but after you finish her questline, you get 3 short dialogue options with her for the rest of the game, that just repeat over and over. It just feels like as soon as we build a connection with these 3 characters they get taken away from us and that's it with them. Which is a shame because they are some of the most in-depth and most important characters in the game.

I know I'm going on a bit of a rant here at this point, but kudos to CDPR, they've made Characters and Romance options that I haven't felt this attached to since Morrigan and Alistair from Dragon Age Origins 11 years ago, It's just a shame that it came to end so fast </3.

Idk, how did you guys feel about it? Like I said I only romanced Panam as a male, but I completed Judy's and River's content too. It was all pretty quick especially Panam and River. Judy had a bit more which I appreciate, but she's only 1 romance option for 1 specific type of Character (Female V). And as far as I know even when you finish her quest as a romance option that's it. All your interactions with her are done :'(

My one question for CDPR is, will we get to see more of Panam in DLC? If so please take my money now I'm ready :LOL:
you are right except for judy all other romance options storyline feels so lacking and empty, for judy her questline was so great and immersive, you experience her happiness, her grief, her anger, and her redemption and even after her last mission she still calls you, text with you, or even add random events when you call her making you feel that this person cares for you and making you feel like theres really a relationship on the other hand the other romance options feels so bland and plain, so lacking in story and character developments, feels so rushed and forgetful, like panams story panam is a great woman but sadly her questline is so rushed and lack so much content and character development, it feel so quick and when you two get on a relationship after the last mission you guys never talk, she never calls, text, or even worry that V is dying unlike judy, and for river ward his questline is so forgetful I didnt even remembered him till the last mission that I remembered I still have to help him, so yea apart from judy all romance option needs more story and character development and make it feel more emotional and that they are really in a relationship not just like a one night stand and then he/she is gone from you life until the ending choices, PLS CDPR add more content to the romance options.

I am truly happy to see that people found different characters to fit their ideals and made it their goal to pursue their affection. For me it was Judy and like all of you we desperately need more options once the relationship starts. Am hoping to really hammer down how vital this is since for most of us these bits of love and romance, affection and character development are the single best rewards we could get in a dark meat grinder of a huge futuristic city. And i often see people disappointed with options too but please give it time and for now just be with us and ask for a more deeper relationship with our romanced lover. Because everyone will agree with you on giving us all more options. Stout, Misty, Takemura, Mateo, Lizzy etc. All of it great but you will only end up disappointed when you realize that your relationship essentially ends at its start so please push for a better standard and past that every new romance option will feel like a true gift.

I made it a habit at this point to post my list of suggestions and i encourage all to do same and do all to make it more visible for the devs:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

You can do whatever you want in your game. I think she would make a terrific romance option (far better than the other four).
I'm sure it would be interesting. forgetting romancing people for a moment it would have been so nice to just get to know them a little better. Just fluff where you grab some questionable looking kebabs and chat a bit, like extending relationships in general to some optional friends for flavour purposes.

I'm sure it would be interesting. forgetting romancing people for a moment it would have been so nice to just get to know them a little better. Just fluff where you grab some questionable looking kebabs and chat a bit.
That's something a ton of people have been asking for. Being able to bring an NPC to some location for a social visit. Maybe a player really takes a liking to Takemura. Picking him up in your ride and taking him to a Ramen shop to exchange back stories would be very immersive.

That's something a ton of people have been asking for. Being able to bring an NPC to some location for a social visit. Maybe a player really takes a liking to Takemura. Picking him up in your ride and taking him to a Ramen shop to exchange back stories would be very immersive.

So Takemura actually has a couple of dialogues that become available only sometimes, I haven't figured out what the conditions are yet, but they give a really interesting insight into his past and it was pretty much totally glossed over. I'm almost convinced he has a cut romance and I was bummed out because I wanted to learn more about that specific part of him, it seemed pretty cool.

Romance for me in the game was a big thing and I have been left disppionted. When I say a big thing, Im not trying to play this game for some perverted sex scene, but for a game that lets you customize your junk you'd think youd get more. Mass Effect had more meaningful romances and the scenes were more intense than what CP77 offers. Sure Masseffect eventually turned into Shepards quest for ass, but over all it added more personal investment and the scenes and relationships were rewarding. Here...its just...meh.

Top Bottom