Romances are obviously designed by developers' prejudices and stereotypes!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devs push the extra mile and add multitude
Not sure I would call 4 total romance options "going the extra mile" or a "multitude".

mul•ti•tude mŭl′tĭ-too͞d″, -tyoo͞d″

• n.
    A very great number.
  • n.
    The masses; the populace.
  • n.
    The character of being many; numerousness; also, a great number regarded collectively or as congregated together.

Oh my fucking god. Get over yourself, man. No matter what Judy said about having past relations with women, that's not a proof that she's a lesbian? Why, because women MUST love dicks? Because world revolves around YOU and YOUR preferences? Un-fucking-believable.
What an overreaction... I'm critiquing the choices made by the developers who wrote the side-story (aimed at the developers). I didn't come here to get verbally assaulted by someone with an obvious axe to grind against straight men. I didn't do anything to you. Chill.

Lmaoooooooo this made me tear up.
Edit: but yeah, not a trolling. He just didn't see the joytoy. :facepalm:

Yeah, I mentioned trolling because it was probably made by the developers, that positioned the guy in that exact position on purpose to make his speech trigger, and made him react to V, to create an illusion that the player would be talking to the dancer, but instead it created an involuntary "suddenly gay" moment.

Just as the "suddenly benevolent" trolling that I mentioned before. The guy asking for money is immortal and you can't collect the mission prize unless you pay him 5 EDs.

Some people got very upset with that, but I think that it was funny.

What an overreaction... I'm critiquing the choices made by the developers who wrote the side-story (aimed at the developers). I didn't come here to get verbally assaulted by someone with an obvious axe to grind against straight men. I didn't do anything to you. Chill.
Actually, you literally said that you're insulted that a lesbian didn't want to fuck your male character. That is one big insult to every lesbian on this forum.

I do not know if it's valid, to be honest, because I really liked Kerry, his story about fame, depression and revenge and I chose to pursue the romance with him. Like I said before, I enjoyed his arc and the climax of it, but it does not mean others have to.

Generally, I would like if there was more content with your romantic partner, after you chose to be in a relationship with them. (In terms of like missions, etc.)
I personally didn't feel like the relationship was building up naturally at all. The very first time you meet him was absurd. Some random ass punk kid breaks into your mansion, grabs one of your guitars and starts playing a tune that can be learnt by anyone. And his first and most logical reaction was "Jhonny, is that you?" I was like... what...?

The whole start of the relationship starts with Jhonny and Kerry. And about the obvious crush Kerry had on Jhonny. Then you go through a few completely meaningless and super short quests where Kerry just prooves what an idiot he is even at the age of 80+. He says himself the depression was just a PR move. Then suddenly, out of blue you get the chance to grab his head and kiss him. Without ant build up or any actual chemistry beetween V and him. Like non.

I feel the fact that you can't interact with love interests after sex was hurting Kerry's story most. Since you really only get just a glimpse of what kind of person he is. And he only seem to be opening up more in texts after you are apparently in a relationship already.

This is why, personally, I refuse to publish.

You have objections to quality of content or missing information which reflects on story then you have factual items to point to to prove your view.

You believe or think or feel or wish and you're offended or sleighted or aren't happy with a portrayal of someone, too bad. My opinion on 50 Shades is it's trash. That doesn't give me the right to harass people that like it, argue that the writer should have represented my wishes because I don't act like those people. If you don't think there's enough gay/lesbian/bi/trans/furry in the game don't play. Patreon exists precisely so people can have some input.

You aren't happy, sorry to say but who are you and why should we care?

This isn't a discussion about specific things to improve game quality, it's becoming and started as whining that certain groups weren't pandered to enough.

I personally didn't feel like the relationship was building up naturally at all. The very first time you meet him was absurd. Some random ass punk kid breaks into your mansion, grabs one of your guitars and starts playing a tune that can be learnt by anyone. And his first and most logical reaction was "Jhonny, is that you?" I was like... what...?

The whole start of the relationship starts with Jhonny and Kerry. And about the obvious crush Kerry had on Jhonny. Then you go through a few completely meaningless and super short quests where Kerry just prooves what an idiot he is even at the age of 80+. He says himself the depression was just a PR move. Then suddenly, out of blue you get the chance to grab his head and kiss him. Without ant build up or any actual chemistry beetween V and him. Like non.

I feel the fact that you can't interact with love interests after sex was hurting Kerry's story most. Since you really only get just a glimpse of what kind of person he is. And he only seem to be opening up more in texts after you are apparently in a relationship already.

How amazing would that be if the messages the love interests send were instead close up interactions? Idk, it just goes into laziness, feels like they could've done way more with the LI's. More dialogue after sex, more interactions. Dates (heck 2 dates in between main missions would be perfect). But all we get after sex is just messages. Goddammit. :giveup:

This is why, personally, I refuse to publish.

You have objections to quality of content or missing information which reflects on story then you have factual items to point to to prove your view.

You believe or think or feel or wish and you're offended or sleighted or aren't happy with a portrayal of someone, too bad. My opinion on 50 Shades is it's trash. That doesn't give me the right to harass people that like it, argue that the writer should have represented my wishes because I don't act like those people. If you don't think there's enough gay/lesbian/bi/trans/furry in the game don't play. Patreon exists precisely so people can have some input.

You aren't happy, sorry to say but who are you and why should we care?

This isn't a discussion about specific things to improve game quality, it's becoming and started as whining that certain groups weren't pandered to enough.
So who are you to tell us that our experience doesn't matter?
Post automatically merged:

How amazing would that be if the messages the love interests send were instead close up interactions? Idk, it just goes into laziness, feels like they could've done way more with the LI's. More dialogue after sex, more interactions. Dates (heck 2 dates in between main missions would be perfect). But all we get after sex is just messages. Goddammit. :giveup:
Honestly, that is all the game needed to do to make the romances a lot more satisfying and impactful.

Not to me. We are talking about video game characters. A little separation of fantasy and reality is required here.
We can separate fantasy and reality, however, we can also identify with characters. The difference is, lesbianism is lesbianism, in-game or not. Attacking the ingame identity is the same as attacking the real-life identity of lesbians. You're basically saying it doesn't matter because they're not real. It does matter because they're characters that we can relate to. Straight people have related to so many characters, and the moment we get ours it's always "why can't we have them too" from the straights.

Good for you then. I've seen so much shit straight guys write here about lesbians that it honestly makes me sick.
/shrug Maybe it is a generational thing. I'm (likely) older and grew up when there was real issues with discrimination. When I was young we weren't celebrated for coming out like people are today. Had to have a lot thicker skin back then.

/shrug Maybe it is a generational thing. I'm (likely) older and grew up when there was real issues with discrimination. When I was young we weren't celebrated for coming out like people are today. Had to have a lot thicker skin back then.
I wouldn't consider need a thicker skin as a good experience.

It shows. There's nothing wrong with having emotions, and it's bullshit to treat this generation like it needs thicker skin, why can't the world (people like you) care more, instead? The issues are still fucking real.

I get your point! I'll mark the following as a spoiler, as I do not know how many of the readers finished Kerry's storyline.

From my perspective, his depression was not just a PR-move. I think he said that to tone down his problems. I find that very realistic. Many people suffering from depression keep to themselves. There are many indicatiors - look at his penthouse, for example. A complete mess, a disshevelled state like I imagine his mind to be. If I remember correctly, he says to you that these shadows keep following him (or sth like that) and if V would keep them away.
Again, personally, I like it when these NPCs feed me with breadcrumbs so I have the chance to build my own thoughts around that.
Also, Kerry, as he got famous early on, got stuck in some cycle of rebel-like behavior. Again, it is fitting for someone who potentionally has all the money he wants and still acts out like a child sometimes. He also mentioned that he solved certain things over laywers countless times and that he wanted to take things in his own hand. Also his concerns about being in Johnny's shadow or being a concern-whore really connected with me. He desperately wants to prove himself.

As for the ending, I agree. I have made it clear before, that I'd like more to come after the start of the relationship. :)

Actually, you literally said that you're insulted that a lesbian didn't want to fuck your male character. That is one big insult to every lesbian on this forum.

Maybe you don't understand what the word "literally" means, but I literally didn't say that.

I said I found it insulting that the developers made it unclear whether or not it was possible for male V to romance Judy until the very last chapter, and that they kept giving him the option to do so after the fact, while teasing him by having her walk around in seductive attire. It kind of just felt like very intentional insult to injury at that point.

And in my country we're harassed and beaten for being LGBT. Our politicans literally say we're not human and we don't deserve any rights. I'm happy to have a positive representation in a game, then I come to this forum and read shit like several posts ago.

Maybe you don't understand what the word "literally" means, but I literally didn't say that.

I said I found it insulting that the developers made it unclear whether or not it was possible for male V to romance Judy until the very last chapter, and that they kept giving him the option to do so after the fact, while teasing him by having her walk around in seductive attire. It kind of just felt like very intentional insult to injury at that point.
She wasn't dressed for V. She was dressed for herself. There is nothing "seductive" about it apart from your own sexual preferences.

The difference is, lesbianism is lesbianism, in-game or not. Attacking the ingame identity is the same as attacking the real-life identity of lesbians.
It is soooooo not. We are talking about video game characters. This is a question of good use of the dev's time and resources. If you are personally offended by someone you don't know and will never meet playing a game completely isolated from your own being able to romance the same character as you, I really don't know what to tell you. I would guess this is likely not the most pressing concern in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom