Romances are obviously designed by developers' prejudices and stereotypes!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
/shrug Maybe it is a generational thing. I'm (likely) older and grew up when there was real issues with discrimination. When I was young we weren't celebrated for coming out like people are today. Had to have a lot thicker skin back then.
Back then you were shunned if you were anything other than white hetero male. People just want to celebrate the progress, nothing wrong with that (hah progress, but at least it's better than it was years ago)

I mean there was an obvious reason why ppl didn't celebrate back then. But we are getting into OT territory anyway.

I get your point! I'll mark the following as a spoiler, as I do not know how many of the readers finished Kerry's storyline.

From my perspective, his depression was not just a PR-move. I think he said that to tone down his problems. I find that very realistic. Many people suffering from depression keep to themselves. There are many indicatiors - look at his penthouse, for example. A complete mess, a disshevelled state like I imagine his mind to be. If I remember correctly, he says to you that these shadows keep following him (or sth like that) and if V would keep them away.
Again, personally, I like it when these NPCs feed me with breadcrumbs so I have the chance to build my own thoughts around that.
Also, Kerry, as he got famous early on, got stuck in some cycle of rebel-like behavior. Again, it is fitting for someone who potentionally has all the money he wants and still acts out like a child sometimes.

As for the ending, I agree. I have made it clear before, that I'd like more to come after the start of the relationship. :)
Don't get me wrong. I would be fine with Kerry if I felt that it was a more organic build up. I felt the relatio between Panam and V, or Judy and V was a lot more natural. Doesn't help the fact that you meet Kerry very late in the game and you literally have to run around the city and skip at least 7 days to be able to progress the quests.

Alright. Seems people need to take a break. Thread will be unlocked after the cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom