Romances: Disparity in quality and quantity

+
As much as I don't really like the concept of playersexuality, IMHO when the romance options are so few it stands to reason they should be bi so everyone gets at least 2 options. Too late for that now tho

Now the disparity of content for each of them is an entirely different matter

Please tell me this is a joke.

Ashley in ME3 barely had any content or normal conversations compared to every other LI (most likely because her original writer Chris L'Etoile left BioWare mid ME2, but still). Traynor had only auto dialogues with like... 2 convos at most and she doesn't even go out outside the Normandy like... every other romances.
Tali also got a very short end of the stick in ME3. Thane dies. Jacob cheats on FemShep, leaving her. Jack is only for a moment in ME3. Miranda can also die and has only a few scenes compared to other, more "important" LIs.
Liara got the most content of every other LI through the trilogy.

This is what you call the same level of effort and content? What BioWare actually showed me is that they went with favorism route - they focused on one LI and that was Liara.

I'm sorry but Bioware had no equality in terms of romances, if you were a gay dude or a lesbian woman, you were pretty much stuck with one to none LI, in the whole trilogy. They only just added a lesbian in ME3.... Writing wise and content wise, CP does a lot better job than bioware did in mass effect.
Unless you are a hetero dude, then a whole harem of women is waiting for you so bias is playing a huge part here.
Well, I was thinking more of the more satisfying romances (IMHO), which are Ashley, Liara, Kaidan and the ME2 romances IN ME2, not the fucked up ones like Jacob and Thane. It's an undeniable fact that Bioware didn't include gay male nor proper lesbian romance till ME3, for all its faults Cyberpunk at least never did that.
I kinda think gay men got better served in ME3 tho, whereas lesbians have better romance options in CP2077 (Judy). So, while I agree CDPR has better writing, I think its more complicated than that :shrug:.

And as far as straight male romances go, The Witcher takes the crown, of course :howdy:

Well, I was thinking more of the more satisfying romances (IMHO), which are Ashley, Liara, Kaidan and the ME2 romances IN ME2, not the fucked up ones like Jacob and Thane. It's an undeniable fact that Bioware didn't include gay male nor proper lesbian romance till ME3, for all its faults Cyberpunk at least never did that.
I kinda think gay men got better served in ME3 tho, whereas lesbians have better romance options in CP2077 (Judy). So, while I agree CDPR has better writing, I think its more complicated than that :shrug:.

And as far as straight male romances go, The Witcher takes the crown, of course :howdy:

Is this for real? ME3 never had any proper lesbian romance. Traynor is a joke, nothing more. Literally just a checkbox BW wanted to add "ah yes, we don't have a lesbian in ME3. Just throw some token NPC and make her horny for female robot's voice." And Liara is bisexual. Even Cortez, gay romance, had more content and depth than Traynor.

who cares if the female character you can romance with a female Shepard is bi, lesbian or pan. Fact is, there was a f/f romance from the very first Mass Effect with Liara while m/m had to wait until ME3. I mean, Kaidan is tecnically bi too, but I'm not complaining that he's also into girls when I romance him with mShep because it isn't pertinent to their relationship at all.

Is this for real? ME3 never had any proper lesbian romance. Traynor is a joke, nothing more. Literally just a checkbox BW wanted to add "ah yes, we don't have a lesbian in ME3. Just throw some token NPC and make her horny for female robot's voice." And Liara is bisexual. Even Cortez, gay romance, had more content and depth than Traynor.
Technically all non-straight Bioware romances exist to check boxes... that's just the way they are, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I didn't count Liara as a true lesbian romance because she's of an all female all bi alien race, but the truth is, she really looks like a woman and was available since the begining. I didn't know Cortez had more content than Traynor, but either way, it does suck that they aren't party members. It would have been better if they weren't romances and instead introduce a new human female squadmate as a f/f romance.

But then again, the LIs are more of a optional bonus and not really the point of the game. Same goes for Cyberpunk. I guess what female PCs didn't get from Traynor, they got from Judy. Wheres Kaidan is the indisputed best m/m romance in videogames since 2012 and hasn't been surpassed yet (certainly not by Kerry lol)

This thread is about Cyberpunk 2077. Other games can be discussed in Community. Completely off-topic posts deleted, and some of you should really stop with off-topic in general.

who cares if the female character you can romance with a female Shepard is bi, lesbian or pan. Fact is, there was a f/f romance from the very first Mass Effect with Liara while m/m had to wait until ME3. I mean, Kaidan is tecnically bi too, but I'm not complaining that he's also into girls when I romance him with mShep because it isn't pertinent to their relationship at all.
I can tell you that I don't care about BioWare romances anymore, but lots of lesbians do care that Judy is in fact a lesbian. Not bi, not pan. A lesbian. It means the world to us and just because it's "whatever" to you with Liara/Kaidan, that doesn't mean it's "whatever" to every other being on this planet.

Different people, different opinions, different preferences.

I'd agree if Bioware had a strong focus on sexual orienttation in their romantic relationships. But the fact with Bioware romances is that you become friends with the characters, you find them interesting and if you're lucky they have the right gender and sexual orientation for you to romance them. But except for Dorian's (in my opnion quite meh) personal quest, their sexuality isn't really the focus. If you romance them, you rarely discuss their identity as bi/straight/gay people.

This is a bit different with Judy since she has a social life and a romantic history you can catch glimpses of.

I can tell you that I don't care about BioWare romances anymore, but lots of lesbians do care that Judy is in fact a lesbian. Not bi, not pan. A lesbian. It means the world to us and just because it's "whatever" to you with Liara/Kaidan, that doesn't mean it's "whatever" to every other being on this planet.

Different people, different opinions, different preferences.
That I can understand. I personally prefer straight women, and don't consider myself intolerant because of my preference. We like what we like and don't really choose it. Judy and Panam were quite satisfying romances... but there could've been more than 1 option (as well as dedicate more time to the male ones as well, because many have said they lack the same amount of content). I mean, in The Witcher it feels like we have a whole lot of options and we play as a pre-established character. It stands to reason that a custom character RPG should have not less but the same or more

That I can understand. I personally prefer straight women, and don't consider myself intolerant because of my preference. We like what we like and don't really choose it. Judy and Panam were quite satisfying romances... but there could've been more than 1 option (as well as dedicate more time to the male ones as well, because many have said they lack the same amount of content). I mean, in The Witcher it feels like we have a whole lot of options and we play as a pre-established character. It stands to reason that a custom character RPG should have not less but the same or more
But in The Witcher you've played only as a Geralt - a male. So it was male-centric romances after all. So the compassion with Witcher series is not a good one here imo.

But in The Witcher you've played only as a Geralt - a male. So it was male-centric romances after all. So the compassion with Witcher series is not a good one here imo.
Since Bioware doesn't seem to be, why not? Its the only other CDPR title, which was very obviously a much more polished game. Geralt has 3 romances available (Keira, Yen and Triss) not counting the one night stands and prostitutes, and that in a Medieval setting. Why only 1 option per gender in a crazy future dystopia in which almost anything is possible?

Since Bioware doesn't seem to be, why not? Its the only other CDPR title, which was very obviously a much more polished game. Geralt has 3 romances available (Keira, Yen and Triss) not counting the one night stands and prostitutes, and that in a Medieval setting. Why only 1 option per gender in a crazy future dystopia in which almost anything is possible?
Why not?

In Witcher you have one gender protagonist, one preference protagonist if we go further and all romance options are tailored for that. Whereas in CP you have way more than that. You can do a a male character who is into males or females or vice versa. And here, in CP you have the romance options tailored for all of that you pick at the begining.

Whereas in CP you have way more than that. You can do a a male character who is into males or females or vice versa. And here, in CP you have the romance options tailored for all of that you pick at the begining.
You have much less actually. Sure, you can be both genders and orientations, but only one possibility for each one, and if you don't like it, you're screwed :coolstory:. ME3 was better in that regard (except for straight females, God knows why they did that).

I'll stick to playing as good old Geralt, if that's the way things go :shrug:

You have much less actually. Sure, you can be both genders and orientations, but only one possibility for each one, and if you don't like it, you're screwed :coolstory:. ME3 was better in that regard (except for straight females, God knows why they did that).

I'll stick to playing as good old Geralt, if that's the way things go :shrug:
And I don't see a problem with that. Sorry.

You can stick with playing as Geralt. Your pick.

Top Bottom