Roping Vs Combos

+
To be clear, I never suggest Banked Time. And if that was an idea, I don't think you should carryover 1 to 1 time. More like Syndicate Coins. But I never suggest Banked Time.

But I do thinking clicking an Action should add 1 or 2 seconds to the Timer.

Intentional Roping can be an annoying, but that's their time, so they can use it for whatever they want.

I guess the only potential problem with extending timer on action, is the possibility of endless loop cycles with Charges etc.

Actually, a MAJOR problem with the Roping out trying to do something, is that the Game will Auto-Select the stupidest targets. Why would my Raider or Brokvar Hunter shoot my own unit? LUL

I think, the timer is just right. I really don't want to wait forever that my oppenent did his math and came to a conclusion, so I don't like the idea of getting extra time after doing something.. Gwent is no chess. Imho managing your time is part of being a good gwent player. You should know your deck and the options of your cards enough, so that you don't get in trouble with the time. It's like separating the wheat from the chaff: Just blindly copying some decks on the internet shouldn't make you a good gwent player. You should at least internalize the technics und possibilities of your chosen cards. :)
Its not sitting there forever. You can literally act right away, and then the program just chooses targets for you. And I will target your own untis with Damage LUL.

Not to single people out, but a very successful player fell victim to this in the Open Qualis this weekend, and it could have led to them missing a chance to be in a high stakes tournament. One of the best players in the world. The client is too slow with needless animations that take your time.

I will just comment on the first bit. Seems he got under your skin the emote guy. He managed to implement mind games into his strategy so good plan all in all. I find it annoying running out of time and I had some weird choices by the AI on choosing cards that cost me a lot. But it is what it is I guess

That would only be true if they kept the current timer length, which we're assuming is 60 seconds per turn. If I was devising the system, I would probably allocate like 10 seconds per turn with each player having a bank of something between 5 and 10 minutes per match. If you went with the minimum (i.e. a 5-minute bank), that would be a maximum match length of about 15 minutes, which is way shorter than what is currently in place. It would even be possible to have separate banks per round (e.g. a 2- or 3-minute bank per round for each player) if too many players were finding themselves spending most of their time in the 1st round.
Yes, the final part of my post i mentioned this possibility

I will just comment on the first bit. Seems he got under your skin the emote guy. He managed to implement mind games into his strategy so good plan all in all. I find it annoying running out of time and I had some weird choices by the AI on choosing cards that cost me a lot. But it is what it is I guess
That's really unfortunate, it's disheartening to come play an online game for fun and encounter such weird sort of players. I can say my Gwent playing experience increased dramatically once I disabled all taunts from everyone - I know I'm missing out on cool and gracious interactions from nice people, but the toxic share really overcompensates with saltyness when they know they'll lose or rushing you because the entire planet should play everything under 1 second.

That's really unfortunate, it's disheartening to come play an online game for fun and encounter such weird sort of players. I can say my Gwent playing experience increased dramatically once I disabled all taunts from everyone - I know I'm missing out on cool and gracious interactions from nice people, but the toxic share really overcompensates with saltyness when they know they'll lose or rushing you because the entire planet should play everything under 1 second.
While I agree in theory with your view (you play to have fun) We can't really judge or condemn the opponent as he used the only player interaction the game allows him. And in the core of the game playing against other humans it makes it competitive for the match duration. The taunts are specific phrases rather than type your own. The time limit I have come across it as well and it could be anything from strategy (get on nerves and play faster prone to mistakes) or could be streaming or recording it and he takes him time to explain. I guess in your case with the taunts he just wanted to get under your skin and make you misplay which probably you did. I have no bad feeling for anyone. Takes practice to get there but you enjoy it more.

Trust me... Your not missing out on any gracious interactions... If someone uses a taunt, they are taunting you and trying to annoy you...99.9% guarantee. I also disable that crap, but you can still see their animation play when they use one so they still know that they can annoy you.

I agree also that the animations need to go. But I've been tooting that horn since homecoming.

As for the timing, I think it is fine. The real problems are the useless animations, order stockpiles, and the endless tutor chains. And it's not really all about knowing your deck, either. Yes, you should know your deck, of course, but once you're 18 levels deep in a poop chain with 436 or so unused orders all bets are off and then it's just silly. Serves you right at that point. Just because you're getting lucky with the rng or stingey with your orders doesn't make it a legitimate "combo" that deserves special treatment. To me roping is less annoying than all that.

I certainly did. You seem to be missing my point though.

He tried to explain his point, i tried to explain his point and you still dont understand.

He is not talking about hopping, but the average time of match. If the time remais the same for each card and there is a bank, the total time wont change, but the average time of the match will.

One more time, he is not talking about the hoppers, but about the average time.

And he tried to clarify his point in this

"'m not addressing potential ropers, as there's very little to say about people who like to purposefully waste their own time while annoying their peers. But for actual matches I see how this feature can in fact increase how long a match lasts based on what I wrote above. Please correct me if I made an interpretation mistake."

for the last, there is no problem you say "ah, ok, i didnt understand in that way". But its not the first time i see someone trying to explain something to you and you say the same thing "you dindt get my point". No, for god sake, you didnt get his (and other points).

But well, i will try to explain with numbers.

Lets say a round where the player plays 7 cards and each card you can spend 60 seconds.
example 1:
A - a player who, i dont know why, spend his 60 seconds in each card - total he spent in the round - 7 minutes
B - a player who play "normal" but use the bank to do some plays.
1st card - 9 seconds
2nd card - 7 seconds
3rd card - 120 seconds
4 th card - 20 seconds
5 th card - 144 seconds
6 th card - 15 seconds
7 th card - 105 seconds

total - 420 seconds - 7 minutes.

So, in this example, where, i dont know why, the player A took all his time to play all his card the time will be the same.

But, lets take example 2, where someone "plays" normal.

A - a player who doenst have the bank and play "normal"
1st card - 9 seconds
2nd card - 7 seconds
3rd card - 60 seconds
4 th card - 20 seconds
5 th card - 60 seconds
6 th card - 15 seconds
7 th card - 60 seconds
total 231 seconds - almost 4 minutes

B - a player who play "normal" but use the bank to do some plays.
1st card - 9 seconds
2nd card - 7 seconds
3rd card - 120 seconds
4 th card - 20 seconds
5 th card - 144 seconds
6 th card - 15 seconds
7 th card - 105 seconds

total - 420 seconds - 7 minutes.

So, like he said, the AVERAGE tiime of a match will take longer if players abuse of the bank. And, one more time, we are not talking about hoppers

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys REALLY need to fix the response time on Android phones!
I use Oneiromancy to pick a card and the game responds to damn slowly like I play onerio and pick a card then the game hangs for a few seconds and then when I want to put down my card TIMES UP!! and it randomly puts my card into THE WRONG ROW!!! and I lose games cause of this!! -_-
Chaining actions needs to be quicker!!! why is the game hanging instead of doing as I tell it to do??!????

Is this for "cinematic value"??? Cause if that's the idea behind the game being sluggish I really don't appreciate it! Please make the game respond faster I don't need slow-mo moments of dramatic PAUSE that makes me lose games. -_-
SORRY for being angry but it's the 2nd time tonight it happens.

You can rope for 12 bloody hours in a game but it won't anger me even 1% as much as it angers me when the game "randomly" chooses to make my cards do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what they should do. I doubt it's random, I am pretty sure they proggramed it to always do the worst possible option, it's just how it statistically works, in such sitations even when it's 50-50 % chances the game will ALWAYS pick the worst option for you so it's not "random" at all.

Last edited:
I've always wondered in digital card/turn based games, if it would make sense to pair players (after factoring in rank/ELO) based on their average length of turn. I'm not sure if that would have unintended consequences on matchmaking or if player pool is at all deep enough, but it seems to me like a very fair way of doing it

I think that every charge we have on any unit should increase our turn time by 1 second. Either that or allow charges to be zapped with lightning speed, reducing the cd between using charges down to 0.01 seconds.

Top Bottom