Rose of Remembrance (Spoiler)

+
Thanks for all of the feedback. The whole Triss situation just feels very awkward. The idea that Geralt stopped loving Triss was never even touched upon, much less elaborated. It's all inference. When TW2 ended I'd given her the rose of remembrance, agreed to go with her and search for Yen together, and then slaughtered the entire Nilfgaardian encampment in Loc Muinne to free her. The last thing I saw in TW2 was Iorveth, Triss and I walking into the sunset together. Just seems like there are some explanations missing from the story. It feels very awkward.

Thing is this...Geralt got his memories back completely which would imply that the Last Wish from the books is still into play. Knowing this we know that he remembered that he only loves Yen and he made the wish with the Djinn for that very reason..to make his subconscious ignore all other proposals and in a way "chain him" to Yen..even though his love for her is real.

He didn't know all of these events in Witcher 1 & 2 because he had amnesia. Triss took advantage of Geralt's memory loss and tried to weasel her way as a love interest..which to many of us actually worked. (I only started to read all the 7 novels in 2014..years after finishing Witcher 2).

I went back to play the game after that and having all the prior information I still went for Triss, but knew for a fact that Geralt would go back to Yen when he got his memories back and made it his objective to find her after Letho gave him the information that she is in Nilfgaard.

he only loves Yen and he made the wish with the Djinn for that very reason.

He made the last wish to stop the djinn from killing her in what was probably to be a spectacular fashion.

They just met; she tricked him, attacked him, and put him under a mind control spell to get petty revenge on other people. So...not quite love:dizzy:

Last edited:
He made the last wish to stop the djinn from killing her in what was probably to be a spectacular fashion.

They just met; she tricked him, attacked him, and put him under a mind control spell to get petty revenge on other people. So...not quite love:dizzy:

I think it is pretty clear that Geralt was immediately attracted to her. I would even say that he fell in love with her at first glance.

I think it is pretty clear that Geralt was immediately attracted to her. I would even say that he fell in love with her at first glance.

I don't think he didn't... as I always understood it, he simple wished for their lives/fates to be linked, so the genie couldn't harm Yennefer as soon as it was free... if that resulted in some form of artificial/magical attraction between them or their love grew naturally later, I can't really say... probably both.

Last edited:
In the case of Geralt and the Rose of Rememberance, I would have established something a bit better for those who imported their games.

I would have had a bit where Geralt is asked regarding his feelings regarding Triss and an explanation during the haircut.

"What about your relationship with Miss Merrigold?"

* She left me after I regained my memories.
* I left her after I regained my memories.
* We're on a break.
* None of your damned business.

I don't think he didn't... as I always understood it, he simple wished for their lives/fates to be linked, so the genie couldn't harm Yennefer as soon as it as free... if that resulted in some form of artificial/magical attraction between them or their love grew naturally later, I can't really say... probably both.

My opinion is that he was instantly fascinated with her, and found her very attractive. And, because of these feelings he made the wish to link their destinies, meaning that the djinn couldn't kill her. I don't think he made the wish just for charity towards her.

I don't think he didn't... as I always understood it, he simple wished for their lives/fates to be linked, so the genie couldn't harm Yennefer as soon as it as free... if that resulted in some form of artificial/magical attraction between them or their love grew naturally later, I can't really say... probably both.
Yes because she does not love without the wish right? Or the fact that you are able to also admit you love her without said wish if you choose too? Their love CAN be real, it all depends on the players answer to her but the wish is responsible for Geralt wanting to find her after TW2.

@warbaby2 @jockmick et. all

Of course he was fascinated, how couldn't you be?

He sees the opposing clues from the start. Her clothes are expensive, yet she throws them about. Drinking sour wine, apparently hung over in bed...for what reason? Finds her nude besides her choker, and has to avert his eyes...though not of his want. Let's not mince words, he was obviously attracted, as was she, walking about nude in front of him on purpose.

I'd quote, but anyone might as well just read the chapter where they met. Oh, and he's no wuss, lashing right back at her with his own wit. Sure, he pays dearly later for staring at her 'soapy tits', but what she was most furious about was that his remarks cut right through her facade, right into her inner thoughts unexpressed.

But you can't love someone at first sight, the concept is rather ridiculous. He can, however, see in her much of what he sees in himself, and try to save her, yes, maybe even for some of his self-interest.

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Note that Yennefer says Triss claims if you've seen one [naked man], you've seen them all. Allusion to Triss being this exception for sorceresses perhaps?

Last edited:
I know this is a month old thread, but it's better to post here than make a new thread.

I think I have an idea, I haven't done this in my first play, though in my 2nd, I usually keep two save files. Recently, I spoke to Triss about the rose, and saved it on one of my two saved file slot. Maybe, if we talk to her about it when we've dumped Yen, some special conversation would carry on or something? Anyone of you have done that already?

Triss straight up tells him in TW2 that it's just a silly elven story. I think you have to pick the dialog option that's like "Huh, well, this is awkward..."

I know this is a month old thread, but it's better to post here than make a new thread.

I think I have an idea, I haven't done this in my first play, though in my 2nd, I usually keep two save files. Recently, I spoke to Triss about the rose, and saved it on one of my two saved file slot. Maybe, if we talk to her about it when we've dumped Yen, some special conversation would carry on or something? Anyone of you have done that already?

Yes this was posted in Triss Merigold (All Spoilers) thread
even if we dump Yen the rose will not bloom sadly :(

I wish there was a way of just ignore Triss in TW3 and move on Story to the end.

I choose Shani on TW1 and was disappointed seeing Triss everywhere on TW2. Second game's forced romance was worst than this somewhat poor TW3 romance Imo. That was a reason to complain far bigger than lackluster interaction on Wild Hunt.

But for those Who love Triss would be Nice if the Rose keep fresh if you gave her on TW2. That would be appropriate.

Yes this was posted in Triss Merigold (All Spoilers) thread
even if we dump Yen the rose will not bloom sadly :(

Oh, now that's a bummer, so it's really a silly Elven legend. Well, so much for the magic. BTW, I couldn't read everything from the thread since it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big. Sigh, well, at least we get to have her even just for 30-80 seconds on the game. Her scenes were limited due to the story's pace.
:upset:

Oh, now that's a bummer, so it's really a silly Elven legend. Well, so much for the magic. BTW, I couldn't read everything from the thread since it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big. Sigh, well, at least we get to have her even just for 30-80 seconds on the game. Her scenes were limited due to the story's pace.
:upset:

There is a pdf file in first post pretty sum up many idea in Triss topic ;)

Oh, I saw that, though I didn't have time to download it since I was on my IPad all the time reading. Since you've reminded me, thanks :D Gonna DL it and read it now.

It was just a legend. Rose would dry eventually anyway.
But the fact that Triss kept the Rose mean she still loved Geralt.

This is why I hope in the romance fixes patch or whatever they let Geralt give it back or something and say, "You know how I feel about elven legends..." Or something to that effect.

Rose of Remembrance

The Rose of Remembrance has dried up because Triss had to leave her house quickly before she was caught by the Witch Hunters. She obviously kept the Rose, showing her love for Geralt, but it needs a 'drop of blood every day' to keep fresh. I assume then that it had only recently dried. She has spent the years trying to help Geralt find his lost love, Yennefer, ( her own words), and would do anything to make him happy, even if it meant losing him. So of course she is distant at first with him, she believes his love is not for her but for Yen, it's quite natural. And besides, a dried rose is not a withered rose, many young women over the centuries have kept precious flowers pressed in books, to remind them of their loved one. To me, the very fact that she kept it says everything.

Top Bottom