Rose of Remembrance (Spoiler)

+
The rose shouldnt have even been there if you are on Iorveths path because Philippa destroyed it to cure Saskia. I hope this will be fixed with the Triss tweaks.

Phillippa only used one petal for her lesbomancy.
Last time I checked, roses had several petals

Maybe she put some to the mixture as well who knows, either way, on Iorveths path the rose was in Vergen (possibly Philippa had it on her) so theres no way Triss could have retrieved it and get it back.

This is a major story breaker for Iorveths path that just shouldnt be there.

Or at least it should be explained by a simple conversation:

Geralt: "I found a rose of remembrance in your apartment, is that the one I gave you in Flotsam? Because if I remember correctly, Cynthia stole it from you when she turned you into a figurine and later Philippa used it to enchant Saskia."

Possible response that would make sense if you saved Triss and let her teleport Iorveth to Vergen:

Triss: "I found in in Philippas quarters when I teleported Iorveth back to Vergen, luckily she did not use all of it".

I dont know how would she explain getting it back if you saved Saskia though.........she has no idea where the rose is and most likely thinks Cynthia still has it on her.

Last edited:
Another interesting thing to note is that Phillipa says the rose is dying in Vergen (Iorveth's path). We can conclude that Geralt's love for Triss was fading as he regained his memories, or that the elven legend was false.

With the new tweaks, they could also a scene about the rose between the two. Who knows. This game needs some more deep storie/events

Another interesting thing to note is that Phillipa says the rose is dying in Vergen (Iorveth's path). We can conclude that Geralt's love for Triss was fading as he regained his memories, or that the elven legend was false.

That's it.

And in the default world state apparently we didn't choose Iorveth's path, killed Letho, Sile de Tansarville is dead, La Valette spared and we saved Triss twice , so this is the reason the Rose is with Triss and i think that's why the rose is in her home anyway, the game is poorly affected by your Witcher 2 choices.

Rose is dying cos it's not with Triss anymore in TW2. It's in Phill's hand remember?

The rose shouldnt have even been there if you are on Iorveths path because Philippa destroyed it to cure Saskia. I hope this will be fixed with the Triss tweaks.

I do not think it will be fixed, as the game does not really care much about the choices imported from TW2 in general, and the developers would probably not see it as a significant enough issue. There could at least be different dialogue about the rose and the earrings in response to the romance choice, it would only be a couple of lines for each, but it was not seen in the leaked subtitles.

Is it shown that he regains any memories between the Rose of Remembrance quest and talking to Philippa that would explain the change ? I do not remember exactly (although I am currently replaying the game, and will soon begin chapter 2 on Iorveth's path), but I think he regained the most important memories later, in chapter 3.

Rose is dying cos it's not with Triss anymore in TW2. It's in Phill's hand remember?

Could the compression possibly matter as well ? I mean, maybe the rose also dies if the person it belongs to is dead (or turned into an inanimate object).

But the easiest explanation is that it is indeed just an elven legend. Even if it has some magical properties, the rose is still only a plant, and dies after a while once picked.

Top Bottom