Rose on a Red Field quest bugged

+
I am stuck on the quest "Rose on a Red Field." I am at the step "Search the hut using your Witcher Senses". I find nothing. I looked at a youtube video with the walkthru to the quest and there is supposed to be footprints by the window.

I have the console enabled and I play this quest from a much earlier save and I don't really want to go that far back. Is there any way I can additem or something to continue this quest? I found the additem for the key to the underground lair, but the lair was empty, no enemies. I cleared the other two spot earlier in my game. I can see the note on the table in the first area, but I cannot pick it up. I also see the chest in the outdoor area before the lair briefly red through my Witcher senses, but when I get close the red goes away and I cannot interact with it.

Maybe there is a way I can turn the footprints by the window on with a console command.

Game Version: GOTY - 1.31
OS - W10x64
RAM - 64GB
GPU - GTX 980 Ti x2
Driver - 418.91

No mods ever. I only enabled the console after I came across this issue. I installed from direct download from GOG, so none of those 3 options (Galaxy, Steam, Origin) are available to me. I tried this on three different PCs I have and it is the same issue. I am guessing that the quest is somehow bugged and inherent to my savegame. I am think that this is because I pre explored the 2 outside areas as well as the locked lab in the cave. I was able to enter the cave lab with additem('mq6004_lab_key') (from https://commands.gg/witcher3/items), but the cave was empty (no enemies). How can I get completion for this quest? Is there any technical way to add the footprints by the window back to my savegame or at least just be done with the quest since I already saw the content from a much earlier save, but don't want to jump that far back?

Last edited:
No mods ever. I only enabled the console after I came across this issue. I installed from direct download from GOG, so none of those 3 options (Galaxy, Steam, Origin) are available to me. I tried this on three different PCs I have and it is the same issue. I am guessing that the quest is somehow bugged and inherent to my savegame. I am think that this is because I pre explored the 2 outside areas as well as the locked lab in the cave. I was able to enter the cave lab with additem('mq6004_lab_key') (from https://commands.gg/witcher3/items), but the cave was empty (no enemies). How can I get completion for this quest? Is there any technical way to add the footprints by the window back to my savegame or at least just be done with the quest since I already saw the content from a much earlier save, but don't want to jump that far back?

I encountered the same issue from other mission before.I finally fix it by reinstall the game with no mods(steam version).I don't know so much about the GOG version but if you bought the game from GOG,maybe you are able to use GOG Galaxy to reinstall your game?

I finish this mission with no issue.I don't think there are any difference between GOG and steam version but if you want to give a shot,you can try to upload your save with google drive so I can check if your save footprints work with my steam version game or not.

Last edited:
Thank you. Here is my save.

I will try the GOG Galaxy as well.
Post automatically merged:

Found this little obscure tidbit:

Rose on a Red Field
- Bugfix: If you leave Bowdon before investigating the odor, go to the piles of hay south of Bowdon and find Kluivert's body.
source:

Found the body and viola. Had to complete a few steps to make the 'investigate the hut' step go away, but now I am at the lab fighting.

Last edited:
Thank you. Here is my save.

I will try the GOG Galaxy as well.

Found this little obscure tidbit:

Rose on a Red Field
- Bugfix: If you leave Bowdon before investigating the odor, go to the piles of hay south of Bowdon and find Kluivert's body.
source:

Found the body and viola. Had to complete a few steps to make the 'investigate the hut' step go away, but now I am at the lab fighting.

Good to know you fix the problem.

Top Bottom