Roses of Shaerrawedd (WIP)

+
Even though I don't have that much time for Redkit these days (some real life problems), I'm still trying to actively work on the mod.

It is getting more and more polished every day. I dont have that much time these days so the progress is a bit slow but it is slowly getting there :).
I have some quests and scenes already implemented.

Hey, just wanted to update you guys a little bit.
Even though there's still a lot of work that really needs to be done the progress has taken a big step forward since I originaly posted this.
At this time there is a lot of half finished stuff but several quests are already implemented and I can say that if anything unintended wont happen you will see this mod in Q2/Q3.
I will do some bigger updates soon or I can even record some gameplay if anyone wants to see it more up-close.

Hey folks, I thought I would shed some more light on the story and how Geralt winded up in Shaerrawedd on his travels.
The story is set before the short stories as I mentioned, before Geralt met Yennefer or Dandelion.
He was hired as a protector by a group who currently lead an excavation in the place. Geralt always wanted to see the ruins himself, but never had a chance, so he was keen on the job.
As a witcher, your job will be to protect the group. Similar to protecting Brigida in the Crown Witness quest, but with the difference that if someone from the group dies = game over. So you got to pay attention or just save reguralry xD. However that ties only to most of the main quests, other than that the design and progression is open, similar to acts in TW2.
Majority of the mod will be focused around monster hunting and geralt's proffesion as a witcher. You will be naturally dragged into conflicts with other people but there is always a neutral way to be found.

Main Characters

Sasha of Aretuza
Sasha is a graduated mage from Aretuza school.
She's very cool minded and rational at reaching her goals.
You rarely see her showing her emotions, in this sense she is similar to Geralt.
She was the first to volunteer on the Shaerrawedd research.

Evelyn
Evelyn is an Oxenfurt student. She always was one of the best students.
People refer to her as being rational and a kind person.
Her mother is an Oxenfurt school's head deputy.

Greg
Greg, Evelyn's classmate. He was an orphan who was later taken by a rich Novigradian family who never had kids.
He had a harder life and that left quite a mark on him.
He tends to be very inattentive in school but is an expert on history.

Geralt is young in this adventure? interesting idea :)

As I remember, in "Season of Storms" Geralt says that he was formerly a guest on some lectures in Oxenfurt University. So, maybe Evelin and Greg could be Geralt's colleagues from university?

Oh man, I really gotta read that book :). Hopefully there will come a fan translation soon enough.

Yes it's going rather well :). Thankfully there are people around me to help when I get stuck on something.

This will be the first mod I'll try!! I usually don't like much of them but this is interesting!!

oooo I hope you'll have a lot of fun guys!

This will be the first mod I'll try!! I usually don't like much of them but this is interesting!!

Unfortunately there aren't that many worthwhile adventures out there yet, but apart from Lykaon I know about one more interesting mod in the works with witcher Coen as a main protagonist. Hopefully it will see the light of the day.

oooo I hope you'll have a lot of fun guys!

Unfortunately there aren't that many worthwhile adventures out there yet, but apart from Lykaon I know about one more interesting mod in the works with witcher Coen as a main protagonist. Hopefully it will see the light of the day.

I've heard of Lykaon but never saw what is it about!! Are you making all of these? or just counting them :] I liked yours "younger Geralt" and I think I'll check Coen! I usually don't like anything out of the main storyline.

Lykaon from Benzenzimmern is very popular :), you can try the alpha demo here
And the Coen mod is made by a modder Milten, haven't heard about it for quite a while but it sounded very interesting when he talked about it on skype.

Top Bottom