Roses of Shaerrawedd (WIP)

+
After 3 days of optimizing it, it runs much much better but unfortunately in some areas there will be a framerate drop. Witcher 2 tech jumped a lot ahead and they tried to make it better with very linear and much more up-close environmnets. For example you can leave flotsam only via few small doors which load/unload a lot of objects, I did not think about this when designing the level so most of the time there are several open paths to every location and the distance between them is quite big and more realistic, thus I need to load a bigger amount of objects not only for the distance. In such areas like the forest where there is a lot of trees that use wind simulation the framerate will be lower. I think that people who can run their desired setting on at least 40+ fps wont feel it, though I don't know about people with low-end rigs.

Some new screens along with the upgraded grass that will end up changed anyway :D, the model I used for the mod from the start is too high-poly. In memory of the grass:

Is this going to have an FCR compatible version? The monster and weapon values were quite different from the vanilla game and some mods were... difficult to say the least as a result with the original style stats.

After testing it turns out there is quite a lot of bugs/flaws and not just on the implementation level. I will do my best to fix it in time, but I don't want to make any dates as that never seems to work out :D, and certainly not during the school year :/. I apologize to people that were counting with this.

Sorry mate, I haven't touched it for 2 months now. I've been learning for college (still am) and I honestly didn't have much mood for this. There was an attempt from Exillium to join the team and split his 'For Temeria' project with mine, but some real life problems occured on his side and I haven't seen him online for months. On one hand I've learnt a lot on my design mistakes on this project, but yes, it's a pitty to let it rott. I dunno what will happen with it :/.

---------- Updated at 02:39 PM ----------

Know what, I can put together a demo level with one dungeon quest, that's the best I can do atm. :)

I can understand you m8, almost finished a full level but RedKIt have some annoying errors. i ended up deleting everything.
A playable demo can be nice. Thanx for all the hard work you put up for the community with this mod.

I can understand you m8, almost finished a full level but RedKIt have some annoying errors. i ended up deleting everything.
A playable demo can be nice. Thanx for all the hard work you put up for the community with this mod.

The huge design mistake I made is that I tried to make the map realistic and big which led it to be too huuuge. And as you might know, Shaerrawedd area is basically ruins in the middle of a forest, so ultimately that on a big scale is pretty boring to walk through. Testers did get lost a lot in the map and I would need to change the level by decreasing the size of the map = remodelling almost everything, to make it more linear.
This demo quest should be up before christmas though :witchmas:.

The huge design mistake I made is that I tried to make the map realistic and big which led it to be too huuuge. And as you might know, Shaerrawedd area is basically ruins in the middle of a forest, so ultimately that on a big scale is pretty boring to walk through. Testers did get lost a lot in the map and I would need to change the level by decreasing the size of the map = remodelling almost everything, to make it more linear.
This demo quest should be up before christmas though :witchmas:.

I am not sure that this is the best way to tackle the problem, you can add variety to the forest aera, break it with a swap or plains (or both), a backward town somewhere at the edge of the forest, some minor tweaks that will help the player to navigate.

I am not sure that this is the best way to tackle the problem, you can add variety to the forest aera, break it with a swap or plains (or both), a backward town somewhere at the edge of the forest, some minor tweaks that will help the player to navigate.

Firstly I did start off by adding more variety and bigger landmarks, yet the map was still too huge and there is only as much variety as you can get in a forest, so as you said, I would have to make up a bigger place of interest like a town. Either that, or rapidly decrease the forest surroundings scale of the ruins. I made the map unnecessarily huge - one square kilometer and the fact I tried to make it just according to the official world map undermined me from going wild with creating more vistas like Benzenzimmern did in Lykaon.

Top Bottom