Round start mulligan UI frozen

+
Screen blurring and game hanging when announcing new round.

Still suffering from screen being blured black and round announcer stucked 3rd time for today. This problem is known for a very long time and still no patch. Where is hotfix? Where is patches every week? Communication between players and devs is as small as possible. I just don't see work being done. So many bugs, so little output from devs as I see it. It's far more pleasurable for players to have weekly hotfixs rather than waiting 2 month playing broken game for one big patch.

Round start mulligan UI frozen

This bug occurred very frequent on my PC.
3rd round start mulligan has the highest chance to reproduce, it's very annoying because you have 100% confidence to win the game. But UI is frozen and you can't continue the game, only thing can do is forfeit.

It's a server message sequence issue obviously.
I've reported this bug for 3 times, no one reply!!!

Can anyone tell me when to fix it?

Topics merged!

The problem you're describing sounds quite specific. If it's happening the same way all the time, be sure you follow all of the standard steps:

1.) Verify / repair the installation through GOG.

2.) Install / repair all redistributables, especially Visual Studio 2013 and Visual C++ 2013. Install both the x86 and x64 versions for each.

3.) Ensure that the game's installation folder is added to the list of exceptions for your anti-virus / firewall.

4.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Set the game to "Run as administrator".

5.) If using any 3rd-party software, like GwentUp, uninstall it and see if the problem is resolved.

6.) If the issue continues after that, send it into CDPR Support with a dxdiag. https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Last edited:
UI Frozen on mulligan

Second time I have been forced to alt+f4 in order to get out of the game because it was stuck on the mulligan screen

Attachments

• photo155810.jpg
    photo155810.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 89
SigilFey;n9031130 said:
Topics merged!

The problem you're describing sounds quite specific. If it's happening the same way all the time, be sure you follow all of the standard steps:

1.) Verify / repair the installation through GOG.

2.) Install / repair all redistributables, especially Visual Studio 2013 and Visual C++ 2013. Install both the x86 and x64 versions for each.

3.) Ensure that the game's installation folder is added to the list of exceptions for your anti-virus / firewall.

4.) Ensure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). Set the game to "Run as administrator".

5.) If using any 3rd-party software, like GwentUp, uninstall it and see if the problem is resolved.

6.) If the issue continues after that, send it into CDPR Support with a dxdiag. https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

What's the meaning of your answer? This is obviously a time sequence bug.

himulawang;n9045530 said:
What's the meaning of your answer? This is obviously a time sequence bug.

It's happening, and it seems to be recurring. However, I'm not seeing floods of reports. Tech Support is aware, but no solution has been presented yet. Thus, the most productive conclusion for now:

This is something that is not affecting the majority of players, but is an intermittent problem that crops up due to specific variables. Those variables may or may not be something inherent in the game's code. It could quite easily be caused by some outside factor (data corruption, API conflict, driver issue, Windows permissions, anti-virus hook, etc.) Most effective steps to be taken now are to ensure that the system configuration is 100% game-friendly (or as close as we can get). If we can confirm it's not caused by some random issue with what I've listed, that narrows down the list of possibilities for Tech Support, and it should be readily visible in your dxdiag. Time saved. :)

If it were an "obvious" problem, then every single Gwent player would be seeing exactly the same thing and the issue would already be solved.

Alas, we must hunt. In the rain. Uphill. Both ways. :( (But if we succeed -- bugs for dinner!!! :p)

Game stuck on mulligan screen before round 2 while game kept on going

So I just lost a ranked game because I got stuck on the redraw screen after losing round 1.

I had already mulliganed a card, but the game simply continued showing the screen, and nothing I did got me away from there. Tried clicking other cards, "hiding" the cards on screen to show the board, nothing worked.

I could hear and barely see the game still continue to play normally on the background but there was nothing I could do - all my turns being passed due to time while my opponent kept playing his cards until we both ran out and I lost.

Playing on Windows 10, Acer F5-573G notebook, game installed on a SSD, running on i7 7500U, 8gb ram DDR4 and GeForce 940MX.

Something update.

I'm in China. The network is unstable, so I use Singapore VPN. When I use VPN, this bug can be easily reproduced. So please test / fix it on high latency network.

Between rounds Game gets stuck on discard

its happen two or three times now that between rounds then you get your new cards and have a chance to discard, the game gets stuck but in the background the game carries on without you and you time out on the your 1st go as your discard choice just stays on screen.

Keep getting stuck on mulligan screen.

Hello all.

I play ranked mostly and I've been having an issue where the game will start normally but once I've done my mulligan the mulligan screen doesn't disappear. The cards I've kept and the finish selecting cards button stay there but if I click the button nothing happens. I can hear the coin flip and other game sounds happening in the background but I can't do anything. If I wait long enough the rope times out and I'll miss my turn. The opponent will start their turn meanwhile I'm still stuck at the mulligan screen. If I control alt delete and close then reopen the game the game starts but it doesn't resume the match I was just playing.

I think tonight it happened 3 out of 6 games and it's getting really frustrating. I assume each time it does it, it counts as a loss. Is there anything I can do to help? My internet is fine. And like I said every time I can get straight back into the game no problems.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zane.

Stuck on Mulligan

Literally just lost a ranked game where the game left me on the mulligan screen after the round started. So fing tilted right now. Has this happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom