RPG elements and updates for an RPG element based game.

+
Note: You play the game YOU want to, remember that. My last point in this is a suggestion based on the Genre of CP2077, nothing else.

This is an RPG, but it´s mostly played as i have seen, at least in videos and such as a shooter. From that, i think many suggestions arise, and to get the game to flip towards fast paced combat, perhaps mostly unintentionally.

For me, the everyday life is what i miss most i think, as when being in between missions and just relaxing or preparing.

1: Home
We have an apartment, that´s literally unusable in any bigger RPG sense. I would love to see chemical setups for making combat / infiltration stims. A loader setup for making ammunition and explosives. A computer setup to code hacks, malware and trojans. A wardrobe where you could alter your looks, mix and match outfits, and depending on what the mission is, really prepare.

2: Coffee shops, diners, parks, benches etc.
Why not make use of these locations and let us sit, pick up a tablet or a gel-screen, and let us read the news ( regarding what you did in previous missions and get a reminder as well as see a response to how the city and people react )? Depending on that, gangs can be moved around, taking over or leaving areas behind, while the entire city is altering depending on player choice in the coming storylines. To be able to buy a pack of food or a drink, and just sit and relax, while listening to music and perhaps getting a small bonus to stamina or equal?

3: Nightlife.
It´s amazing to walk around seeing the night life in NC, but there is no connection to the day or night and what´s around you. The NPC´s do the same thing, say the same thing, wear the same thing, are at the same place etc. What about a randomized pattern instead? The bartender may be shining a glass, in a fight with a customer, be off duty, be wounded with a rare mini mission only available then and there etc etc. They could have a random outfit, random mood, random walk patterns, be opened or closed and more. Diversity.

In essence, i have tons of suggestions more, but they are basically all connected to Immersion and RP.
I have yet seen one single video of a fight, where any V is being roleplayed as the fight is dangerous and V is taking cover from bullets or grenades, but instead as a computer game with a quickload. Now importantly, as mentioned din the start....you all play the way YOU want..but my final point is

This is an RPG, and the world is created in that manner. The updates and focus should be on RP elements and immersion, not going towards a battle royale or another Cod. For any such elements, we have modding tools.

For me the first option which mainly improves immersion and RPG is being able to talk with people so I would really enjoy more dialogue options with NPCs in your block, clubs etc. This is a bottom line.

I still agree with all you wrote. Definitely apartment is something we dont use so yeah, it should be some place you can work and craft new weapons (but according to feedback almost no one crafts in this game as system is poor), sleep to reduce fatigue or browse net more to find out about some additional stuff happening in NC. But we wont see any of that I`m sure.

I`m quite optimistic when it comes to drinking and eating in pubs. Probably it will be implemented to some degree in few places. We have all animations ready so its not something massive in production.

On the other hand, how many people watched TV in V`s apartment? Maybe those features are mainly for very small group of people and its just not worth money?

For me the first option which mainly improves immersion and RPG is being able to talk with people so I would really enjoy more dialogue options with NPCs in your block, clubs etc. This is a bottom line.

I still agree with all you wrote. Definitely apartment is something we dont use so yeah, it should be some place you can work and craft new weapons (but according to feedback almost no one crafts in this game as system is poor), sleep to reduce fatigue or browse net more to find out about some additional stuff happening in NC. But we wont see any of that I`m sure.

I`m quite optimistic when it comes to drinking and eating in pubs. Probably it will be implemented to some degree in few places. We have all animations ready so its not something massive in production.

On the other hand, how many people watched TV in V`s apartment? Maybe those features are mainly for very small group of people and its just not worth money?

I use to listen to the radio, and tv at times, but it´s fairly unusable as it serves very little in flexibility. Why not let V put the TV on, and have a voiced newscast based on the latest events, while still moving around at home? The " no sit here " for the entire duration defeats the purpose.

I craft like a ******** but it is a very lacking system.
I am trying out a free mobile zombie game right now where you go out and scavenge, go back home, add a part or parts to the bike you want to build, and back out again. You have to fight, scavenge, trade, steal and more to get these parts, that sometimes even demands you make a crafting station to make a compound for said bike part. This is superbly fun, and makes you spend hours to just find some nails etc...and it´s a free mobile game.

Crafting now is based on a Call of Duty or Fortnite level, not an RPG.
We should be trading goods, for chemical compounds to make our gear.
Selling rare components to Netrunners to get our latest Malware updated.
We should scavenge the world for tech, to be sold or modded.

In short, the crafting is far to easy, and far to fast, demanding nothing from you in terms of involvement from what it should. Again.. RPG, not shooter.

Note: You play the game YOU want to, remember that. My last point in this is a suggestion based on the Genre of CP2077, nothing else.

This is an RPG, but it´s mostly played as i have seen, at least in videos and such as a shooter. From that, i think many suggestions arise, and to get the game to flip towards fast paced combat, perhaps mostly unintentionally.

For me, the everyday life is what i miss most i think, as when being in between missions and just relaxing or preparing.

1: Home
We have an apartment, that´s literally unusable in any bigger RPG sense. I would love to see chemical setups for making combat / infiltration stims. A loader setup for making ammunition and explosives. A computer setup to code hacks, malware and trojans. A wardrobe where you could alter your looks, mix and match outfits, and depending on what the mission is, really prepare.

2: Coffee shops, diners, parks, benches etc.
Why not make use of these locations and let us sit, pick up a tablet or a gel-screen, and let us read the news ( regarding what you did in previous missions and get a reminder as well as see a response to how the city and people react )? Depending on that, gangs can be moved around, taking over or leaving areas behind, while the entire city is altering depending on player choice in the coming storylines. To be able to buy a pack of food or a drink, and just sit and relax, while listening to music and perhaps getting a small bonus to stamina or equal?

3: Nightlife.
It´s amazing to walk around seeing the night life in NC, but there is no connection to the day or night and what´s around you. The NPC´s do the same thing, say the same thing, wear the same thing, are at the same place etc. What about a randomized pattern instead? The bartender may be shining a glass, in a fight with a customer, be off duty, be wounded with a rare mini mission only available then and there etc etc. They could have a random outfit, random mood, random walk patterns, be opened or closed and more. Diversity.

In essence, i have tons of suggestions more, but they are basically all connected to Immersion and RP.
I have yet seen one single video of a fight, where any V is being roleplayed as the fight is dangerous and V is taking cover from bullets or grenades, but instead as a computer game with a quickload. Now importantly, as mentioned din the start....you all play the way YOU want..but my final point is

This is an RPG, and the world is created in that manner. The updates and focus should be on RP elements and immersion, not going towards a battle royale or another Cod. For any such elements, we have modding tools.
Sigh. Yes.

For #1, I don't even need a fancy place with crafting stations and the like. A place where I can sit in more than one place, or do more than just shower and flush the toilet (<--- why?? :shrug: ), would be nice. In the "other" apartments, too. We should be able to interact with all the furniture in some manner.

For #2, I do wish they had just enabled the ability to interact as a default action on a lot of furniture in the world. Chairs. Couches. Beds. Rather, they seem to mainly enable this when some quest calls for it. I get the impression that every such thing is custom animated just for that specific occasion.

For #3, there is an awesome night club where you can go and actually dance. Sadly, it got locked after I convinced the owner to skip town. It seems the place is still open, but it is locked for me. (Next play through, that quest gets skipped.) This seems to apply to every other place like it. I can go there, but if the quest is done, either it is locked or trapped in some post-quest "goodbye" loop.

There is a definite mindset here. A theme. I think back to some rides at Walt Disney World. If you look where the ride designers want you to look, you get the ride experience. If you look somewhere else, you see that they turn off the lights where you are not supposed to be looking. CDPR made this game like that. While you are engaged with the game and working towards the ending, lots of stuff is alive and vibrant. As soon as you leave, they turn off the lights. I think that CDPR envisions this game as an end-to-end experience, and once you are done with that, you are expected to go play some other game.

Would you accept text only dialogue with random NPC or prefer not to have any at all? I can see a mod could do this easy enough. But getting the voice acting in IS the hard part even for DEV. If is far easier for one programmer to spend 40 man hours on one PC typing up dialog and triggers than to hire various voice talent and a recording studio, and sound editing.

Personally I would accept the text only over nothing at all but I am WAY OLD school from Morrowind and Oblivion mod days so I am use to that.

I desperately want crafting stations and some specific components (chemicals for ammunition, welding gas for steel blades, Kevlar thread for armor clothing, etcetera) not just generic ones.

And finally a reason to get out of bed and make $$$ to give me an excuse to keep engaging with Night City such as needing to pay rent and procedurally generated crimes.

I am not the best mod maker in the world but I am almost positive I could do that last one in two weeks EASY if I had official modding tools for scripting. So the DEV should be able to do this in half a day with two of their programmers.

Would you accept text only dialogue with random NPC or prefer not to have any at all? I can see a mod could do this easy enough. But getting the voice acting in IS the hard part even for DEV. If is far easier for one programmer to spend 40 man hours on one PC typing up dialog and triggers than to hire various voice talent and a recording studio, and sound editing.

Personally I would accept the text only over nothing at all but I am WAY OLD school from Morrowind and Oblivion mod days so I am use to that.

I desperately want crafting stations and some specific components (chemicals for ammunition, welding gas for steel blades, Kevlar thread for armor clothing, etcetera) not just generic ones.

And finally a reason to get out of bed and make $$$ to give me an excuse to keep engaging with Night City such as needing to pay rent and procedurally generated crimes.

I am not the best mod maker in the world but I am almost positive I could do that last one in two weeks EASY if I had official modding tools for scripting. So the DEV should be able to do this in half a day with two of their programmers.

As for voice acting, one solution would be to use characters that wear respirators, or are mechanical and can be voiced with basically computer created voices. You know... text to speech sort of.

If not that...text works perfectly for me as well. I don´t min it at all. Growing up in the 80´s myself, so textbased stuff is love.
Also..getting out of bed and earn money is a huge thing.

Imagine going out in the flats to dispose of garbage and recycle materials, collect and dispose of bodies from crime or accident sites, build or tear down buildings and blocks even, rehousing people, fixing electricity, water, building shelters, hunt for food, go camping.

I mean... the list is endless really.

Top Bottom