Rpgs

+
Rpgs

Has anybody heard of any good rpg games released recently (hopefully Witcher soon in U.S.). I recently have been playing Dark Messiah. It's a pretty good action rpg. There's a fan forum where you can "buy" free stuff with "gold" you earn from completing simple missions/ picture editing/ recruiting etc. [URL="http://www.disciplesofsareth.com/darkmessiah/?friend=YKCAgxhttp://www.disciplesofsareth.com/darkmessiah/?friend=YKCAg x[/URL]Still looking for a good original mmo though...

well... NWN2 was just released, although I can't say I'm having that much fun playing it so far... so, unhappily, I can't recommend it to you. I will say, however, that I hope CDProjekt's rewrite of the aurora engine is not such a beast as Obsidian's. Blah

I agree with loopy... NWN2 is a flop. I mean it is not the worst rpg i have ever played but i feel that it is very strongly over-done... my computer is recently been built by me, and i didnt go cheap on it, but nwn2 still seems to be glitchy to me. The aurora engine is a wonderfully well composed engine that shouldnt be so glitchy... but in any case... NWN2 is a game i HIGHLY DO NOT recommend... unless you can find it for 20 dollars (or where ever you are from... no more than 15 euros if you ask me) An RPG i would recommend is completely online, but very well developed and that is Guild Wars, GW Factions, and/or GW Nightfall. Each one is good, and each one can be played seperatly. They aren't as profound as the D&D titles, or as Fable, but they last a good time, and are very fun - plus you can always chat/trade/yell at other players if you so desire. I cant wait for the witcher...

well-well...lately, too many games are considered "good" or "bad" by looking on it's graphics and perfomance...i understand that when you're talking about shooter, but RPG...well, what can i say... some users want great cheap graphics. most of developers create good-looking, sometimes even good-optimized games. but they don't have time or passion to make games something more than just a beauti picture. Dark Messiah, you say?the worst game i played last year.yep - great graphics. good physics. that's all.only 12 hours of playing - and game complited. even with so short game length, there is no interesting storyline, no vivid charaters, even levels are disigned interesting only in 2 first chapters! and i hate nothing-to-worry-'cause-kill-everybody-with-single-hit games, so... so, that was bad. i uninstalled game next day, and trashed disk with great pleasure.nwn2? better than nwn1 for me. much better. every single character has it's own personality and ideology, they interact each other, and that's great... you can develop your party million different ways, can make really important decisions that will affect something more than final video... and i don't care that it sometimes lag even on the lowest details, cause this game worth it.oh, i want good old times to comeback)wanna play games like Fallout, Space Quest, or Dune I -)

haven't played a rpg since kotor 2 (but i play guild wars)my pc is outdated so i'll have to upgrade i'm waiting for the witcher and dragon age

hahah, NWN the first one is not that great either.. so macleod, if we are gonna talk about good RPGS let me tell you, that the best one is actually Baldurs Gate 2. It has amazing characters, great dialouge, and a sweet rule-set. and garbage graphics(somewhat good for its time) I was merely pointing out that the aurora engine for nwn2 makes the game unhappily glitchy.

Well, if you like Baldurs Gate 2, maybe there is more hope for you and NWN2. It seems everyone wants to make that comparison. However, I must say, even if NWN2 ran well and all the millions of issues I have with it disappeared magically tonght, I probably still would not like the OC. The story just sucks for me. All the companions are annoying as hell, and it seems like the story expects your character to be human only and either chaotic evil or lawful good and thats it. I hate alignments anyway, but if you have to have one, I don't want to be either of those. But, the OC for NWN1 sucked too, the only reason I had it on my computer all those years was the endless variety and creativity of the mods created by others. This is the only area I see hope for NWN2. I think I'm one of the few that never played Morrowind. What is everyone's opinion's on that? I find mixed reviews for Oblivion, for sure. But I never played its predecessor. I need to play something to get over the NWN2 let-down. Or maybe something completely different? Got any off-the-wall suggestions? I'm up for pretty much anything.

sleeve i speak only about games i played) that's a shame, but i never played Baldurs Gate ))so comparing to all rpg-games i played - nwn is definetly one of the best)Loopy - i play chaotic neutral, and it's great, you know) no troubles with aligment, just do what you want)my advice - play Medieval 2: Total War to get something new)

and then... Loopy... i Think you should give Morrowind a chance, but make sure your expectations are low. The game is very open, and everything! is up to you. You can kill anyone, or scare them, you can turn into a vampire and have people afraid of you and etc. its really cool. But i got bored with it because there is no TRULY set path.

mm since witcher isn't coming any time soon and i still want to play could anyone reccomend any games that you play/like/love all genres are acceptible and thnx

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Dungeon Siege 2 yet. Sure, it was pretty linear, and the story wasn't exactly incredible, although it wasn't bad either. The combat was fast-paced and fairly involving (if you wanted it to be), and the character development was really solid (similar to Diablo 2, but better). Graphics are starting to look a little dated, but it's still pretty enough. Fairly good length, plenty of side-quests, and tons and tons of loot.If you're looking for a sold action-RPG to distract yourself with, check it out, I quite enjoyed it.

Stalkeris said:
mm since witcher isn't coming any time soon and i still want to play could anyone reccomend any games that you play/like/love all genres are acceptible and thnx
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1+2 are amazing, but not perfect ofcourse - if you like starwars you will enjoy the creative, yet slightly linear, action/puzzle - rpg.Fable: The Lost Chapters - Better then Fable, but still not long enough.Resient Evil 4 for gamecube...and playstation 2, but its slow on the ps2Any Legend of Zelda game is amazing - even the third party ones.Swat 4 is fun... a really good tactical shooter- but better online with friendsGuild Wars -Prophecies, Factions, and NightFall are all worth the money. There are a lot of good games out there, but unfortunatly, i think it is usually difficult to identify them. and NWN is amazing. Baldur's Gates one and two, and NWN 2 are honorable mentions

sleeve sorry, but have to disagree))
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1+2 are amazing
KotOR 1 was amazing.the second one was a dreadful game.it was too many bugs - both in gameplay and in storyline, if it could develop for 3 or 4 month more, then _maybe_ it would be a great game. but only if...and yes, i like sw)

thanx for the games, i've played kotor and kotor:tsl both are not bad but TSL had too much cut out content i think ill try Resident Evil 4 if i find it on pc.. and Fable looks nice.. again i thank you all

sleeve said:
if we are gonna talk about good RPGS let me tell you, that the best one is actually Baldurs Gate 2. It has amazing characters, great dialouge, and a sweet rule-set. and garbage graphics(somewhat good for its time)
I agree. I'm trying to run it in GemRB but it's unfinished yet.

Frankly, I haven't played NWN2 yet, though I'm planning to. I'm not sure whether my PC will manage, actually I'm pretty much convinced it won't...but I was looking forward to this game and I'll do whatever needed to play it (a desperate RPG fan, me :))

Duh, I have currently "in work":Vampire: Bloodlines - Action RPG; simply great, sadly the end sucksThe Fall - RPG; bad interface, otherwise nice (haven't played it too much yet however)Knights of the Old Republic 2 - RPG; buggy, incomplete, and yet totally addictingOblivion - Action RPG; the first Addon is out and then there is the rich mod communityNWN2 - RPG; quite bad interface even if I like the quickcast, good story, rich rulesetThere is also "Gothic 3" but I'm a Gothic-hater and I couldn't bring myself to try it out yet.

NeverWwinter Nights - sucksBaldur's Gate - okBaldur's Gate 2 - goodStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - goodStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - okMorrowind - sucksDeus Ex: Invisible War - okDaemonica - sucksDeux Ex - best game everBetrayal at Krondor - best game everOblivion - never playedNeverWinter Nights 2 - never playedWorld of Warcraft - goodGuild Wars - sucks // NOT an RPGDiablo - ok // NOT an RPGDiablo 2 - sucks // NOT an RPGDungeon Siege - sucks // NOT an RPGDungeon Siege 2 - sucks // NOT an RPG

Michael said:
Guild Wars - sucks // NOT an RPGDiablo - ok // NOT an RPGDiablo 2 - sucks // NOT an RPGDungeon Siege - sucks // NOT an RPGDungeon Siege 2 - sucks // NOT an RPG
I suppose that appraisal really depends on what you're looking to get out of an RPG. These titles fall into the action RPG category, but that doesn't mean they cease being RPG's altogether.As a second opinion, I have played and enjoyed all these games (to varying extents), along with deeper RP experiences like Baldur's Gate and KOTOR. Both traditional RPGs and action RPGs have their good points and bad points, and your preference will largely be dictated by what you want out of your RPG.The one title mentioned above that might not fall strictly into the category of RPG is Guild Wars. Yes, there is an RP aspect to the game, and it's presented fairly well, but the character development is lacking in comarison to many other RPGs on the market (although it is improving with each successive chapter). Where Guild Wars really shines is its competitive game, which in my opinion is simply unparalelled for depth of strategy.For the record, I also enjoyed Morrowind greatly; the Elder Scrolls games have always been a topic that divides RPG enthusiasts, pehaps because they are so unlike any other games available. Both Morrowind and Oblivion have their shortcomings, to be certain, but, in my opinion, the ways in which they innovate and the things they do well far outweigh the few things they don't do so well.Anyhow, that's just my two cents worth, making sure there's an alternate opinion so that people don't think all those games suck outright.

Top Bottom