Rpgs

+
Stiler said:
Tenser said:
Duh, I have currently "in work":The Fall - RPG; bad interface, otherwise nice (haven't played it too much yet however)There is also "Gothic 3" but I'm a Gothic-hater and I couldn't bring myself to try it out yet.
Lucky, I've been waiting for an English version of the Fall for so long, it seems it'll never come out now. Heck, I just want a dang decent new Post-apoc setting rpg, but those seem to be few and very very far inbetween. Also why hate on Gothic?IMO Gothic I and II were two of the best rpgs to come out in the past decade. For it's time with Gothic I the npc interaction/schedules hadn't really been done that much in games and it made the world feel quite alive. The mature atmosphere/setting as well as the ability for player skill to have an affect on the combat made them very enjoyable to me. Haven't picked up Gothic III yet as the demo made my machine crawl and beg for mercy.
[/QUOTE]I liked Gothic 1, the best of the bunch.I want to like Gothic 3, but ugh -- it's still even now some two years later WAY too buggy. Even on a GF 8800 GT. It's not b/c of the framerate (which is fine), but b/c the game stutters too much like Gears of War PC does.Oh, Gothic 3's load times STILL need major improvement.Hopefully, G3: Forsaken Gods will fix many of G3's Technical Issues; but, I ain't getting my hopes too far up...

Nothing wrong with the diablo games... Am really looking forward to 3... Indeed they are not rpg's, but for a nice hour or 2 of mindless monstermashing and loot collecting they top their genre...Don't get me wrong, I love a good rpg, nothing like a good story to get stuck into, but some days it's nice to be mindless...Diablo is like playing the slot machines hoping for a jackpot...For rpg's most of the good ones have already been mentioned (without going back to c-64 days), IMO witcher's story so far takes the cake... it's a game with a movie woven in... Love it..Deux Ex... My all time fav fps with rpg elements... (The sequel was a letdown)Jagged Alliance... Great strategic RPGs..Hard to be a God has an interesting storyline.. Not a bad system either..And finally, if you wish you could go into battle mounted, check out Mount and Blade... It's still in development, but I paid for it just over a year ago and it has come a long way...Ride a horse into battle, kill people with your lance, have other heroes join you, command an army, Own towns and castles... And frankly one of the best character facial construction sets ever seen...Sly...

My fav RPG is GOTHIC. The freedom is cool in it. Good if you like action games too.All best from RPG (level ups and story) with some good looking fighting system.

Top Bottom