RT Overdrive mode is still missing character reflections

+
I checked the new Pathtracing mode and found that character reflections on mirror-like surfaces (cars, windows etc.) are still missing. From my understanding of Pathtracing this shouldn't be the case and looks like a bug or ill-intended design choice.

I checked the new Pathtracing mode and found that character reflections on mirror-like surfaces (cars, windows etc.) are still missing. From my understanding of Pathtracing this shouldn't be the case and looks like a bug or ill-intended design choice.
The reason is probably that you do not have a head. If V would reflect anywhere, it would only be the body. So they probably disabled the whole thing. The few exceptions are no real reflections, I think. Like mirrors in apartments, where you see someone else sometimes.

isnt it the same reason why third person mod was kinda weird in the beginning because there isnt/wasnt a complete character model at all? siince im on console i do not review mods often so i dont know how thrid person works/looks nowadays...

They didn't state that the player character reflections will be part of the path tracing update. At least they upgraded the reflections resolution overall across the raytracing mode as well. I'm very impressed by that

No, I clearly have a head otherwise shadows would be misrepresented. I just find this missing character reflections very odd and immersion-breaking, especially since pathtracing was advertized as the complete package in terms of lighting and reflections.

The reason for the missing reflections is that there are no proper animations for V's model in third person, which need to be made from scratch and be synchronized with the first person's animation. The way V's shadow move shows it pretty well, just think about the swimming animations, and having a reflection would make it look even worse.

Having a shadow and having a reflection are two different things. One is because you block some light, the other is because you reflect it. In reality, those are usually connected. But when you can control the physics of your world, you can do whatever you like.

Check out this mod's description:

Having a shadow and having a reflection are two different things. One is because you block some light, the other is because you reflect it. In reality, those are usually connected. But when you can control the physics of your world, you can do whatever you like.

Check out this mod's description:
Not sure, but it seem that the mod creator avoid (intentionally) to show V's head in the screenshots (I wonder how it look normally and while holding a gun or worse, while aiming^^).

Not sure, but it seem that the mod creator avoid (intentionally) to show V's head in the screenshots (I wonder how it look normally and while holding a gun or worse, while aiming^^).
Yes indeed, here is another mod doing the same thing but with "full" screenshots
Check the "bugs" section, the missing head thing is discussed there

Top Bottom