RTX 3070, can't enable Dlss

+
Hello I can't enabled Dlss with my rtx 3070, although i'm pretty sure I could do it before

The button is grey out and the following message appears : "dlss frame generation uses AI to render additional frames without compromising image quality or game responsiveness. this features a geforce rtx 40 series card and hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling being enabled in windows"

I can verifiy in youtube videos that dlss is compatible with rtx 3000 series.
I have made a clean uninstall with DDU, installed the latest nvidia driver, verified that the option " hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling" is on.
The problem is still here, what could I do ?

Thank you for your help

They changed the description in the more recent update(s). Check to see if DLSR (Deep Learning Super Resolution) is greyed out,. If it is - be sure that DLAA is unchecked as you can only run DLAA or DLSR at one time.

Otherwise - you'll have to submit a ticket through support.

What you're quoting is DLSS Frame Generation which your GPU cannot use since the feature requires a 40xx series GPU.

DLSS Super Resolution is the actual DLSS which is just below as an option and what you're looking for.

The DLSS Frame Generation requires a GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics card and Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling being enabled in operating system. In Windows 11 this option is turned on by default.

For me on the RTX 3070 TI DLSS is greyed out.
I did a "clean boot" in windows.
I used safe mode and DDU and installed the latest drivers.
I set Cyberpunk in windows settings to use RTX 3070 TI (in nvidia panel I didn't know how to do it, looks like it just uses RTX)
I've run the game normally as well as "as administrator". I installed the game after patch 1.62hf1 and it didn't work.
I turned FSR 2.1 off and on and no difference.
Freame Gen. not working known.
DLSS greyed out.
DAA grayed out.
Ray tracing działa.
In Dying light 2, DLSS works, but not in Cyberpunk
Hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling is on.
I wrote to the support, but I thought I'd write back and here maybe someone will tell me something.
Regards
GOOGLE TRANSLATE so sorry.

Last edited:
What you're quoting is DLSS Frame Generation which your GPU cannot use since the feature requires a 40xx series GPU.

DLSS Super Resolution is the actual DLSS which is just below as an option and what you're looking for.
I dont think Dlss super resolution is the old Dlss
The description says "Dlss Super Resolution uses AI to output higher resolution frames". It's not the previous Dlss which generate more frames like "DLSS Frame Generation"

It is.

It was previously just called DLSS, found under Resolution Scaling settings. However due to the new implementation of DLSS Frame Generation, it has since been renamed to its official Nvidia name; DLSS Super Resolution, found under Nvidia DLSS settings.

If you turn it on you will see that you get options to choose between Auto - Quality - Balanced - Performance AI rendering. Also DLSS Super Resolution does not and never did generate more frames, it merely upscales resolution using AI which makes the game run much better.

DLSS Frame Generation on the other hand is what actually generates extra frames, since it is literally in the name. But it is exclusively for 40xx series GPUs. If you still don't believe so, then simply go to Nvidia's official DLSS site and you can see for yourself.

Here is what DLSS used to look like before the 1.61 update;
1683712681652.jpeg

Last edited:
DLSS is at the top in the settings menu, not the bottom. They will be under Nvidia DLSS settings.

Last edited:
EDIT: Yeah sorry, I thought I was still replying to the OP. Didn't see you're someone else with a different issue :D
  • Click on the Windows icon and type %localappdata%
  • Then go to ...\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 folder
  • And delete the UserSettings.json file
  • Then launch the game to generate a fresh settings file, but don't change any options yet.
  • Quit the game, relaunch it a second time and you're good to change everything.
Unfortunately you will have to redo all your settings and keybinds, but it's the only way to ensure everything works properly when it becomes messed up like this. Had the same happen to me but with Dynamic Resolution, because any time they add new things into the settings there is a chance the UserSettings file becomes messed up and grays out options like this.

Last edited:
Very weird.

• If you haven't already; try verifying the game's files either through Steam or GOG, whichever platform you're using.
  • Also try using the "Quick Preset" option in the graphics settings and put it to Raytracing Ultra. This automatically enables DLSS to Auto.
  • Do you by any chance have Nvidia GeForce Experience installed?

I just tried to reproduce it thinking maybe it has something to do with the Polish language or perhaps one of the weirder resolutions, but was unable to. And since it's not your UserSettings file, then it may be the game's actual files.

Last edited:
I verified the files multiple times - it didn't help.
Quick setting to ULTRA with RT causes FSR to turn on. DLSS grey.

I also launched the game in windowed mode and nothing.

As a last resort if you want to, you could try cleanly re-generating all of the game's system files fresh since verification did nothing by itself;
Go to your Cyberpunk install folder and delete everything except these folders; ...\archive\pc\content.

Then go to Windows - Settings - Apps - Installed Apps and uninstall the RedLauncher.

Then manually delete all of these folders manually and restart your PC;
  • REDEngine folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt RED folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\
Afterwards verify the game again to redownload all of the game's system files and launch it to re-generate all the rest. This will entirely clean the game's system files and hopefully will properly register your GPU as it should.

If it still doesn't work however, then unfortunately you'll just have to wait for Support because I am completely out of ideas. Assuming you used DDU correctly and installed the drivers manually without Window's automatic interference on reboot, because this issue is usually immediately fixed by a proper driver reinstallation since the game is refusing to register your Nvidia RTX GPU.

Yes, it will redownload about 1GB of game's system files and then reinstall others once you launch it, so it won't be downloading the entire game (65GB) this way.

Useful for quick and easy troubleshooting to ensure it's not some random game file causing issues.

• CD Projekt RED folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\ - this folder was not there
    downloads 66GB so the whole game xD
    If that's the case, it might actually install the game. Is there any way to do it from scratch or just uninstall it?

It's fine if the folder is missing, that's the RedLauncher install location which got removed by uninstalling RedLauncher from Windows Apps, as was suggested.

The game will reinstall it after verification once you launch it.

Well, I'm waiting, let him download these 66 GB. Will let you know if it helped when it's done.
Post automatically merged:

It downloaded these 66 GB and then the same, what am I waiting for the support's response. Thank you for your help and advice :) best regards

Last edited:
Top Bottom