Rtx 4090 crash - driver or hardware? .The description for Event ID 0 from source nvld

+

sw333

Forum regular
Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I swapped from 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming to Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock. Never had single crash in games,apps on 3090 ti. All was perfectly stable.

I am gettin occassional crashing during loading games. Watch Dogs Legion ( happened 2 times ) and Metro Exodus EE. Never in game, but in loading . Happen from time to time. Is my card fine? I have PalitGamerock 4090 stock.

Here are always that 2 errors during crash:
2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried.

So with a quick look around, I found this.

I assume you are tmmy34 because this would be too much of a coincidence. Anyway, one of the things that was suggested late into the thread was removing your drivers completely using DDU. Did you or did you simply install new versions?

If you have not, use DDU to remove your drivers completely and then install the latest.

Have you stress tested your card?

Frankly, from your thread on the EVGA forum and what you're saying here, I doubt it's your card.

That brings me back to my other question which you didn't answer. Did you use DDU to completely uninstall your drivers and install the newest ones?

Have you monitored your temperatures during those crashes?

Have you noticed any kind of pattern when you crash or are they seemingly random? (for example - long play sessions)

Are all of your drivers up to date, including BIOS?

sw333

Forum regular
It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried. BIOS mobo F7 <new>.

It can happen when i am not loading game few hours and sitting on desktop. And on first launch after few hours i launch Watch Dogs LEGION or Metro and it can crash driver, on loading . Then again its fine ,in game no issues etc. Is my card fine?

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried. BIOS mobo F7 <new>.

It can happen when i am not loading game few hours and sitting on desktop. And on first launch after few hours i launch Watch Dogs LEGION or Metro and it can crash driver, on loading . Then again its fine ,in game no issues etc. Is my card fine?

That was not my question. I read the thread on EVGA's forum. I know you tried multiple versions of your drivers. My question is did you use DDU (or another program similar to it to uninstall your drivers and re-install the latest ones? There is a big difference between installing different versions and cleanly uninstalling your drivers and installing new ones.

I also ask again, are you monitoring your temperatures when it crashes?

Is your card fine? Most likely from what I've read so far. Doesn't strike me as obvious hardware failure so far.

sw333

Forum regular
Someone said this to me:"Seems like a hardware issue toggling clocks from 2D Idle to 3D"

So its hardware issue?

Someone said this to me:"Seems like a hardware issue toggling clocks from 2D Idle to 3D"

So its hardware issue?

Honestly, at this point, I get the distinct impression (from both here and what I found on EVGA's forum) that you want someone to tell you it's a hardware issue.

At this point I'm going to recommend the same thing someone recommended to you on EVGA's forum, get in touch with Palit. If there is a reason to RMA it, they will make the call.

Ok i left system on desktop idling 2 days. I launched now Watch Dogs Legion few times and no crash on loading. The same with Metro no crash on loading.
I just closed Msi Afterburner and restarted afterburner and turned on. So propably Msi AFterburner was cause.

sw333

Forum regular
Hi its palit resonse."

Dear customer

Sorry for the late reply.

Please try below possible solutions.
1. Please clean the PCI-E "gold finger" of the graphics card by an eraser.
2. Please stop overclocking CPU/system memory if you have.
3. Please try changing the graphics card to another PCI-E slot if there is.
4. Plesae un-install all the GPU overclock utilities (e.g ThunderMaster, Afterburner...etc)
5. Download the DDU to un-install current graphics card driver and clean driver leftover files completely. Then install the latest graphics card driver.
Download DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Download Nvidia driver: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
6. Please upgrade the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

If the error remained and if it's possible please test the graphics card in another PC.
If the error happened again the graphics card might have some hardware error.
Please kindly contact the store where the graphics card was purchased to claim warranty.

Please kindly be notified that Palit provides manufacturer warranty only to our distributors (not to resellers or end-users).
So Palit only handles warranty claims from our distributors.
Warranty claims from end users or resellers have to be processed through local distributors.
End users should contact the store where the graphics card was purchased to claim warranty.

Please kindly be notified.
Thanks.

Best regards"

But i downloaded newest version of driver. Also before starting game i closed msi afterburner and restarting msi afterburner and error not showing anymore. Is this possible that error was caused by software and not hardware?

Well, looks like no one here suggested it was a hardware issue. In the end we can only guess here.

So I would recommend sticking with the Palit support team and what they responded.
Judging from their response it seems possible that Afterburner is the reason (considering they suggested uninstalling all utilities like this one).

In the end the most important thing is, do you get it to work without issue: if yes, I'd take that as a win and move on.

sw333

Forum regular
i downloaded newest version of nvidia driver. Also before starting game i closing msi afterburner and turning on again. ( restarting ). And error not showing anymore. Is this possible that error was caused by software and not hardware like Palit said?

i downloaded newest version of nvidia driver. Also before starting game i closing msi afterburner and turning on again. ( restarting ). And error not showing anymore. Is this possible that error was caused by software and not hardware like Palit said?

I mean, yes?

It could be caused my a very large number of things. You're asking for very specific answers from strangers over the internet who have no access to your computer and have no knowledge of what's on it and what you do with it.

As @devivre said, if the issue is gone, take it as a win and move on.

sw333

Forum regular
It happened only in first time loading after i downloaded both games.Not happened again since.
I mean i downloaded Watch Dogs Legion ,run first time the game and it crashed on loading.
Not happened again. The same with Metro Exodus EE. I downloaded game ,run first time and it crashed on loading. Not happened again. Should i worry about that? Otherwise games are not crashing on load.

It happened only in first time loading after i downloaded both games.Not happened again since.
I mean i downloaded Watch Dogs Legion ,run first time the game and it crashed on loading.
Not happened again. The same with Metro Exodus EE. I downloaded game ,run first time and it crashed on loading. Not happened again. Should i worry about that? Otherwise games are not crashing on load.

Wait.... are you really saying all of this, including your thread on the EVGA forums was all for two... isolated... incidents that have never happened again since?

No. You don't need to worry.

You also need to understand that crashes will happen from time to time. It is an undisputable fact of life. If it happens regularly, then there is reason to be worried. Once and never again most likely means absolutely nothing else than "shit happens". If it happens every single time you start a game for the first time, then contact Palit again and let them know. That's not normal but otherwise, there is nothing to worry about here.

I am gettin always one single ,crash during loading games, always after fresh install of drivers.
It happened in : Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition,Watch Dogs Legion,Portal Rtx. Always it will happen on first loading of game, after fresh installed drivers. Then next times when i load game, is fine no crash during loading.

Is this issue with my card or what? Why it happen always after first launch of game ,after installed drivers?
During gaming no crashing.

2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

For example. I install new drivers. Reboot. And then launch one of these games. It will crash on first try,on loading screen. Then next times is fine forever,untill i install again new drivers. Any ideas? Rma card? I get that today again in Portal Rtx when i launched first time this game.

Seeing how you have a z690 motherboard, boot into the bios for your board and find a setting called PCI Express Native Power Management and ensure that it is disabled.

I was having the exact same problem on my Asus z690 motherboard and once that setting was disabled I have no more crashing. I'm not sure where it is located in Gigabyte bios, but if it's anything like Asus it should have a search function within bios to help find it.

I posted a screenshot showing the Asus bios setting in another thread if it's of any help finding it...... https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/inventory-crashes.11115160/

Let me know if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Top Bottom