Rumors, gossip & legend

+
Does my character's "street cred" or notoriety proceed me in locations I havent been?

Let's say I've unknowingly mouthed off to the wrong person. They do nothing at the time but days weeks later I'm out in the badlands trying to trade. One of the traders heard I was the guy who mouthed off to his brother.

Is this possible and will it cause problems?

Not sure this is the right spot to post this. Sorry Draconifers :facepalm:

Does my character's "street cred" or notoriety proceed me in locations I havent been?
Let's say I've unknowingly mouthed off to the wrong person. They do nothing at the time but days weeks later I'm out in the badlands trying to trade. One of the traders heard I was the guy who mouthed off to his brother.
Is this possible and will it cause problems?
That's a really good question, I'm curious too! :shrug::think:

I dont think this topic is about "street cred" as a mechanic.

This is more about the characters tangible reputation. At least I would like to think that it is.

From what I have gathered, CDPR approaches this on an individual basis. Each case is separate. If you piss off someone, you piss off their friends and their enemies can come friendly to you. (Evidenced by the Meredith Stout/Anthony Gilchrist/Maelstrom story, as told by several separate reporters who went through the quest differently in their demo and wrote about it).

CDPR has also said in interviews that as your street cred grows, you become more "famous" and it might become more difficult to "fly under the radar" in some missions. (like impersonate a janitor for example, I guess). Those interviews were long time ago though, I don't know if things have changed. I could imagine that if you mess in the affairs of some corps, they would start collecting a dossier on you? I like this idea since it would create a very different playthrough between a famous badass solo compared to a stealthy netrunner type who the target never sees.

I REALLY hope that the world changes its view on you IF you become famous some way. Because I personally fear that the NPCs would never learn to treat my V with enough respect, instead of threatening her in every turn, so I would be forced to teach them the error of their ways... It might become monotonous if the NPCs never change their approach. Thankfully all the video we've seen so far happens in the intro (white orchard of night city I guess), where V is still wet behind the ears.

I am reminded how John Marston started getting duel challenges from random people as he got more famous in RDR1. His reputation as a gunslinger grew.

Where I'm from street cred is tangible reputation.
I am able to negotiate better pay for services rendered because of my ability to get shit done. Street cred.
:howdy:

Top Bottom