Rumours and Speculations

+
January 10 i dont think so... I dont think that this is good date to release video game from business perspective. If 2019, then February or later. It would be also to close with Gwent single player release.

Also, if we look at the number 2077 and calculate (2+0)*7+7 we have 21 which would imply 2021 release date. That also happens to be black jack, which, as a remarkable coincidence, further confirms we still have 3 years to wait... which just happens to be a number that if you divide that 21 we got with it, it produces a 7, or in other words, July. And remarkably, seventh of July is 7.7. as in the decade and year in the games titular number, which also leaves the 20 to mean eight o'clock PM.

Ergo the release date is July seventh 2021 at 20:00 in the afternoon Krakow time.

You heard it here first.

0248991;n10916324 said:
This reminds me of those illuminati mathematical proofs, which were popular over internet some time ago :D

But yeah, even those four grants are to expire in Q1 2019,
so I guess that on E3 2018, CP will be announced and all that half-year intense marketing plans will begin.
*Four* grants? And where'd you hear they'd end in Q1 2019? I mean... they would have to finish up by the time their funding runs out... but where is this info coming from? I only knew of one grant, and didn't know how it was being awarded.

Lazerlatte;n10916462 said:
*Four* grants? And where'd you hear they'd end in Q1 2019? I mean... they would have to finish up by the time their funding runs out... but where is this info coming from? I only knew of one grant, and didn't know how it was being awarded.

mid 2019: 01/2016-06/2019 - but i read somewhere that they could get even more time if necessary.

But yeah, even those four grants are to expire in Q1 2019,

Not sure where this "Four Grants" comes from but CDPR is noted somewhere to be working on Four projects that are in part being paid for by the Polish Government with a cool $7 million dollar grant, that supposedly has a part that states one of the games needs to be done by 2019 that involves a seamless world and some type of multiplayer in a "living game world".

It will probably be M, games like GTA V and Skyrim have that rating and sold very well, and of course the same applies to CDPR's own existing games. There is no particular reason to change.

animalfather;n10916666 said:
i hope the rating is M a T rating and im going to be very disappointed

If the Witcher series is anything to go by, T rating is rather unlikely. IMO, it was a perfect in-between of mature, gore-y without being obscene.
Besides, it was mentioned on several occasions that 2077 is going to be filthy and brutal.
Wouldn't worry about that, CDPR know what they're doing.

Kuboniusz;n10916684 said:
If the Witcher series is anything to go by, T rating is rather unlikely. IMO, it was a perfect in-between of mature, gore-y without being obscene.
Besides, it was mentioned on several occasions that 2077 is going to be filthy and brutal.
Wouldn't worry about that, CDPR know what they're doing.

these guys had info on the rating but its an hour long and i dont have time to hear them milk it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdjzRhBfzOY&t=279s

The contracts say that CDPR needs to perform the tasks under a certain period, that doens't mean they need to release the game until Q1 2019, they can simply perform all tasks in the contract and continue to develop the game in other unmentioned areas:
  • 3. The Services listed in item 1. must be performed by the date specified in the agreement between the Solicitor and the selected Proposer [...] The project covers the following period: 01 Jan 2017 - 29 Jun 2019

According to all 4 contracts they can be extended if CDPR wants to:
  • 4. The Solicitor reserves the right to apply to the National Center for Research and Development for extension of the project. Should this request be granted, the service contract may be extended accordingly.

Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/capital-group/eu-projects/

The fact that CDPR chose to put 29 jun 2019 on these contracts, could be simply a marketting strategy since they knew that gaming sites would report it. Perhaps the game is intended to be released on 2020, but if they put that year in the contract people would be let down since it's too far away from the year that these contracts were made (2017).

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10916735 said:
The contracts say that CDPR needs to perform the tasks under a certain period, that doens't mean they need to release the game until Q1 2019, they can simply perform all tasks in the contract and continue to develop the game in other unmentioned areas:
  • 3. The Services listed in item 1. must be performed by the date specified in the agreement between the Solicitor and the selected Proposer [...] The project covers the following period: 01 Jan 2017 - 29 Jun 2019

According to all 4 contracts they can be extended if CDPR wants to:
  • 4. The Solicitor reserves the right to apply to the National Center for Research and Development for extension of the project. Should this request be granted, the service contract may be extended accordingly.

Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/capital-group/eu-projects/

The fact that CDPR chose to put 29 jun 2019 on these contracts, could be simply a marketting strategy since they knew that gaming sites would report it. Perhaps the game is intended to be released on 2020, but if they put that year in the contract people would be let down since it's too far away from the year that these contracts were made (2017).

I seriously doubt the game is going to release in 2020.

Snowflakez;n10916771 said:
I seriously doubt the game is going to release in 2020.

If CP2077 comes out in the year 2020 then we'll get two more years of polishing, designing and programming going into this game, which might make the game even better.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10916816 said:
If CP2077 comes out in the year 2020 then we'll get two more years of polishing, designing and programming going into this game, which might make the game even better.

I don't think it will be worth the expense of paying a full, 300+ (ish?) team of developers full salaries and benefits for an extra two years without a payoff.

Snowflakez;n10916828 said:
I don't think it will be worth the expense of paying a full, 300+ (ish?) team of developers full salaries and benefits for an extra two years without a payoff.

But CDPR can do exactly that, and they should. The benefits of developing a RPG that is competitive in the gaming industry should be the reason for CDPR to take their time with CP2077.

I think it launches in 2019/2020 I doubt it will post after that date, it would be a surprise to show a trailer at E3 and at the end of the trailer September 2018, I think the world collapsed

Lisbeth_Salander;n10916858 said:
But CDPR can do exactly that, and they should. The benefits of developing a RPG that is competitive in the gaming industry should be the reason for CDPR to take their time with CP2077.

How do you know that, and why should they?

cara2100;n10916882 said:
I think it launches in 2019/2020 I doubt it will post after that date, it would be a surprise to show a trailer at E3 and at the end of the trailer September 2018, I think the world collapsed

Yep. People need to look at their history for developing games here. 3-4 years each for TW2 and TW3, 2018 is too early. That said, CP may have had a small core team since 2013. It's likely to have the longest dev cycle by far, basically twice as long as TW3.

Last edited:
It really depends how much the pre-production team "locked down" and how log it took to update Red Engine to do what they needed for CP2077; and were the engine updates done during W3 development on a separate copy of Red Engine or did they wait till W3 was out the door before updating?
Without knowing these things CP2077 could release next week or in 2077.

I'm still guessing 2019, but with luck we'll know more after E3 2018.

Last edited:
Top Bottom