Rumours and Speculations

+
Release Date: The 10th Pattern

I just noticed something potentially big. The 10th may be an important day for Cyberpunk regardless of the month. Let me explain:

Teaser trailer- January 10th 2013

First Beep- January 10th 2018

Microsoft E3 Presentation- June 10th 2018

From this info I can think of 3 possible release dates while keeping in mind the June 2019 deadline.

December 10th 2018- 6 months after E3, which seems to fit well with CDPR's plans for a Fallout 4 reveal.

January 10th 2019- A year after the first beep and makes sense given the anniversary of the teaser trailer

June 10th 2019- A year after Microsoft's E3 Presentation and tying in to the June 2019 deadline.

I think that alongside gameplay we will see another CGI trailer which wont say "Coming: When its Ready". Instead it will say:

"Coming: December 10th 2018"

OR

"Coming: January 10th 2019"

OR

"Coming: June 10th 2019"

IMO December or January is the most likely release dates. June 2019 is probably for potential delays. Am I on to something?

AsadaShino0821;n10909111 said:
One of many awesome vehicles created by CDPR Senior Vehicle Artist Paul Dalessi 。
He've worked on Star Citizen before.
LOVE the item and character models!
Here's to hoping.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10910401 said:
Woah:

Actually this is very similar to the 2013 teaser trailer art, to be honest I think there is a good chance it comes from the game.

Hate it. looks way too mass effect and futuristic. its not cyberpunk. cyberpunk has a more ducktaped feel to it. i hope non of that is in the game.

animalfather;n10911231 said:
Hate it. looks way too mass effect and futuristic. its not cyberpunk. cyberpunk has a more ducktaped feel to it. i hope non of that is in the game.

Something tells me you're not going to like Cyberpunk 2077.

animalfather;n10911231 said:

That's why each project has art directors who guide the overall aesthetic. They're not going to be telling this guy 'make it like Mass Effect'.

Why is anybody concerned that the game will look like Mass Effect? The trailer didn't look like Mass Effect, the screenshots don't look like Mass Effect, and CDPR has never once said it will look like Mass Effect.

Even though the guy was joking, what ol' Benny said about "Dirt and filth" is pretty applicable to the Cyberpunk (big C) universe as a whole, so no reason not to expect it here.

Let's be clear: these personal projects people working at CDPR have created in their own time, or for other games, are in no way representative of what we will see in 2077.

Not necessarily, anyway. Those images/models/art alone are not indicative of anything except an artist's talent.

Draymar23;n10909241 said:
Am I on to something?
They normally release their games on Tuesdays (like most other game companies). None of those days are a Tuesday. They don't have to do it on a Tuesday ... but they did for TW, TW2, TW3 and it's expansions. EDIT: And TW3 GotY Edition.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10370412 said:
I doubt it. They can answer for sure but they'd probably need to be a member of the press as well.

But if anything relevant does come up I find the mods here are pretty good at linking and tagging to official news and info wihich is something I have always enjoyed about these boards.

On the topic of Reddit, I have tried using it sometimes but I'm often confused as to how to follow info there. It always feels like wonky and all over the place, (maybe I'm just not used to navigating it, and also tend to feel like a fish outa water there). I've always prefered the official boards but I find sometimes a lot of the devs here and other studios in general tend to use Twitter and reedit a lot to share info. It's always confused me as to why they don't use their official forums first, to share info and then take to other social media. But I suppose more people are actually logged into Twitter via their phones at any given time as aposed to being logged into the official forums is possibly why. But still even if info is shared by devs via Twitter, they don't actually share it directly to the forums, it's usually linked or shared via a user on the forums or a mod posting a link.

Potestaquisitor;n10913351 said:
But if anything relevant does come up I find the mods here are pretty good at linking and tagging to official news and info wihich is something I have always enjoyed about these boards.

On the topic of Reddit, I have tried using it sometimes but I'm often confused as to how to follow info there. It always feels like wonky and all over the place, (maybe I'm just not used to navigating it, and also tend to feel like a fish outa water there). I've always prefered the official boards but I find sometimes a lot of the devs here and other studios in general tend to use Twitter and reedit a lot to share info. It's always confused me as to why they don't use their official forums first, to share info and then take to other social media. But I suppose more people are actually logged into Twitter via their phones at any given time as aposed to being logged into the official forums is possibly why. But still even if info is shared by devs via Twitter, they don't actually share it directly to the forums, it's usually linked or shared via a user on the forums or a mod posting a link.

CDPR has always taken a very hands-off approach to the forums, in my experience. I suppose the risk of accidentally leaking information is too high, or maybe they just want to set expectations low? Dunno.

But yes, I agree, it would make sense to post the information here first (or at least post it here at all).

Lisbeth_Salander;n10910621 said:
There's some people over reddit saying some of his work is really from the game.

Given how CDPR is quiet and keeping on this game, I doubt they'd let some of their art-designer's work slip on the Internet.
Looks more like a "Look what I can do, hire me please" that he'd put with his resume while applying at CDPR.
It feels a bit too slick and "aesthetic" for Cyberpunk, lacks that urban vibe to it, or maybe it is.

Top Bottom