Rumours and Speculations

+
I share the opinion that they just made a generic whatever character just to present the trailer cause there is character creation.

Now the game world, looks great, but I'm underwhelmed a little bit by what kind of trailer it was, was just expecting something else.

To be fair, it would have been confusing to show a different custom protagonist all the time, it is probably still custom, the trailer shows "a" protagonist (i.e. could have been different but was kept the same throughout the trailer), rather than "the" protagonist (that is, someone like Geralt). I think voice acting is likely in any case. Also, vehicles confirmed, including car chases?
Voice acting was always likely, and I'm not actually that concerned about that.

I'm more worried that it will be only this gruff dude and we won't have any other voice options (or gender options, for that matter).

But, let me be clear, I don't want the rush of newbies (or any of you fellow oldies) to get the wrong impression: I'm VERY, VERY excited for the game. Like Kofe, I still have my doubts and this trailer didn't show much, but overall, excited and hyped.

It's not quite the atmospheric reveal I was expecting, but the truth is this: what I know about Cyberpunk, that was spot on. It's obnoxious, about class differences and very much in your face. My only real complaint is their ability to bring a unique aesthetic to the Witcher hasn't carried over here. And the lighting...there is something wrong with their lighting engine.

Looks too bright...clean as if Rockstar is making it...

Grand Theft Cyberpunk. :) But if I recall correctly, dirt and filth were confirmed before, there is no need to worry yet, and it is only a small fraction of the game's world that was shown.

My only real complaint is their ability to bring a unique aesthetic to the Witcher hasn't carried over here.

Interestingly, I somehow felt that kind of aesthetic on the Dying Light 2 trailer, before knowing what game it actually is.

To anyone who is worried about set protagonist.
The trailer (as always) has a hidden message.
One of the points touched on: "YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER"
Here's the whole message:

Regarding lighting and graphics in general. I'm more than positively surprised. As beautiful as TW3 was it had its clunkiness and rough edges here and there and lighting most certainly wasn't its best feature. This... This is on a whole another level. It looks realistic, it looks lively, it looks awesome. And this shot here:
I mean holy cow.
Art style is absolutely spot-on, narrative seems in-line with the lore, very happy with the trailer.

Also, everybody, note: there were TWO more files below "e3 trailer" in the presentation.

CDPR yes.png

Yeah, if it's a fixed protagonist, my interest just dropped by about 40%.

I'm keeping an open mind, though. Wonder when you can buy it/look into it? They didn't give us a release date and the website has no new information.

Its fixed in a sense. But I think we can at least choose their gender. This is the screenie from their site. Chick's got the same jacket as the default male mc.
screen-just-around-the-corner.4.jpg
Untitled.png

Great find! Very reassuring. And we also know we'll see more at their actual booth at E3!!!

So, about character customization.. did anyone look at youtube description?

Watch the E3 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 — the role-playing game of the dark future from CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend. Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the same universe as Mike Pondsmith's classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.

It says you play as V, a hired gun who just got their first contract. Maybe this helps to answer if its a fixed protagonist? Were ito so, they would probably call V as Him, not their, which could suggest character creation.

The most important thing...the game is not out before 2020,confirmed by the game director in a live interview.

Even if the characters identity is set (could be for the very purpose of characters referring to us, a.k.a Shepard situation), I'm 100% fine with that as long as it serves the story and the quests. What I'm really counting on is freedom in gameplay, defining our character's personality and of course some sort life path system which would allow us to expand on what CDPR has set.

Guys has anybody noticed the car plate at 1:20 in the official trailer? It says NC20 CP77.

Is that a "not confirmed 2020" or something? Meaning a release date indication?

Also, the original CP is 2020, which can suggest they could release in 2020 as a tribute to the original...

It could be a customizable character, you can choose the gender and appearance, but there is some pre-written backstory. At least that is what I thought of before. Also, is the name fixed like "Shepard" in Mass Effect?

Hmm. So far, so good. I have to say, they are definitely meeting my expectations with what little they showed. And I had high hopes for them, too, so this wasn't easy.

Guys has anybody noticed the car plate at 1:20 in the official trailer? It says NC20 CP77.

Is that a "not confirmed 2020" or something? Meaning a release date indication?

Also, the original CP is 2020, which can suggest they could release in 2020 as a tribute to the original...

NC20 CP77 appears to have been the password needed to login to 212.91.11.20 - using that as the password gives a "USER QUOTA MET" message.

Top Bottom