Run Away, Run Away!

+
Run Away, Run Away!

Afternoon All

Having been lulled into a false sense of security by the Bandits and deserters of White Orchard, who lost their heads obligingly and generally made me feel like a terrifying whirling dervish of sword dealing death. My arrival in Velen brought me down to Earth with a bump as the first arrow fired at me, thudded into my chest from around a corner and behind a big tree, stealing the best part of two thirds of my life and left me singing the "Run Away, Run Away" song.

Being the canny sort though, I have been saving my development points and had three to spend. So I invested them all at once to max out my arrow deflection skill. Now suitably empowered I strode confidently up the path again sword drawn and...... thunk! "Run Away, Run Away!"

Am I right in assuming that the deflection skill only actually works when you are within melee range? If not of the archer himself, then at least close enough to one of his cutthroat band, to have activated the hp bar above one of their heads?

Badger

Velen supremely confident after White Orchard

You have to be able to block to deflect (or reflect, which is generally a one-hit-kill).
Unfortunately, quite often archers can target Geralt further out than he can activate his block. You only seem to be able to use block when enemies are close..

Afternoon All

Having been lulled into a false sense of security by the Bandits and deserters of White Orchard, who lost their heads obligingly and generally made me feel like a terrifying whirling dervish of sword dealing death. My arrival in Velen brought me down to Earth with a bump as the first arrow fired at me, thudded into my chest from around a corner and behind a big tree, stealing the best part of two thirds of my life and left me singing the "Run Away, Run Away" song.

Being the canny sort though, I have been saving my development points and had three to spend. So I invested them all at once to max out my arrow deflection skill. Now suitably empowered I strode confidently up the path again sword drawn and...... thunk! "Run Away, Run Away!"

Am I right in assuming that the deflection skill only actually works when you are within melee range? If not of the archer himself, then at least close enough to one of his cutthroat band, to have activated the hp bar above one of their heads?

Badger

Velen supremely confident after White Orchard

i seem to recall i couldnt get arrow deflecting working until i dragged it across into the mutagen skill sections.
had the same issue with upgraded ignii

Top Bottom