Rupture - What it does - Beware

+

rrc

Forum veteran
So, I have been thinking that Rupture meant that the unit will be damaged with the power of the SK guy, so, in R1, it will damage by 5, R2 by 6, and R3 by 7. But NOPE. IIRC even Burza and Slama mentioned/hinted something like that. Even pro players were saying something like that "This card is 14 for 11 in R3 which is great". BUT NOPE!

Rupture damages the unit it the unit which has Rupture! So, it basically kills any unit which doesn't have Shield or huge armor. I just lost a game which I could have won. I had a massive lead in R1 (on blue coin :cry:) and the opponent Ruptured on my tallest unit Hammerdryad which was 13 points and had some vitality too. I thought it will be damaged by 5 and I would be very comfortable and played Enchantress to give more vitality :giveup:. On turn end, the Hammerdrayd hammered herself and died :giveup:. And I was down by 1 point and lost the round by going 2 cards down. Had I known about that, I would have used Enchantress to give armor so that the Hammerdryad survived with 3 points and could have been ticking due to her vitality.

So, Rupture is basically, kill any unit which doesn't have armor or Shield (or the opponent doesn't have purify). So, I would say it is an incredibly powerful ability (but vulnerale to purify and veil). It is powerful, but not game breaking as it has counters. But beware and be aware of Rupture! I hope Rupture doesn't get printed on many cards :eek::eek::eek:

Its wording is pretty clear: damage this unit equal to its power.

But the only card that currently gives Rupture has Veteran, which increases its value on R2 and R3.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Its wording is pretty clear: damage this unit equal to its power.

But the only card that currently gives Rupture has Veteran, which increases its value on R2 and R3.
Yes yes.. the wordings on that is clear. But somehow I was under the assumption that it damages based on the unit which gives the Rupture. It is entirely my mistake, but I was thinking that there may be more people who have wrong assumption like me and lose the game because of that.

I understood it what it meant i.e. it's a one-kill shot. I like it. I like the SK update: you get to kill things. I like Harald; he's now my newest best bud. The NR one seems utterly crap in comparison. Haven't tried the others yet.

I've just started and gave Dunca vitality....... :giveup: things like this happens and so much to explore

just carry cards Enchantress and Dryad Caress if you play Hama

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
I've just started and gave Dunca vitality....... :giveup: things like this happens and so much to explore

just carry cards Enchantress and Dryad Caress if you play Hama
Yes.. I had purified my 9point Smuggler who was Ruptured on turn 1.. I had Dryad Caress and purifed it. Such pleasure to see 11 point card played for 5 points! That is why I wouldn't call Rupture a broken mechanism as it gives a turn to react and save your card.

Top Bottom