Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

+
Maybe this thread should be created in a different forum section? Maybe dev's dob't like this section xD
My hopes are for the release of EE, if there is ever to be one. Dev's sadi that there are no plans atm, but there are still much that can be done to improve the game, so i hope that they will do one, and maybe alterate cutscene so that there would be no slow ups\downs.

Its not about being naive, its about being persistant. Making a message here once a week doesn't take more then 5 min's of my time, and keeps this thread in the top (however briefly), and just showes that the issue is not being ignored. Even if its just by few ppl.

Its not about being naive, its about being persistant. Making a message here once a week doesn't take more then 5 min's of my time, and keeps this thread in the top (however briefly), and just showes that the issue is not being ignored. Even if its just by few ppl.

+1 =)

What do you expect them to do? Dub the game all over again? Cleary not happening,

Well, not that, no. They can edit cutscene to make more time for voiceover. They already did it with a few cutscenes, i think in German version? so i guess they have the software necessary for it.

Well, not that, no. They can edit cutscene to make more time for voiceover. They already did it with a few cutscenes, i think in German version? so i guess they have the software necessary for it.

Okay, let's say they go to great lengths to alter the cutscenes. What will it leave them at? Sure, the cutscenes playback time will be properly timed to fit in naturally sounding Russian speech, but they'll also have to have recordings of naturally sounding Russian speech. If they use some software to tinker with already recorded audio files, chances are the results of such manipulations are going to be way worse than what we currently have. Even if they don't, they're still going to be off.

What am I getting at? Fixing this problem with something just as problematic isn't a good way to go. Do I want to see this fixed? Sure I do, but I realize that this is going to be too much work for the devs. They had to worry about this when they were dubbing the game, now it's like we Russians say "поздно метаться"

Im pretty sure that they have a normal sounding russian speech files, that were just speeded up in order to fit in a time frame of a cut scene. If they will provide a bigger time frame, everything should be fine.
No, it's not "поздно метаться", this should've been done from the start ,and this must be fixed. They provided a broken translation. A proper thing to do is to admit their fault (which they already did), and fix it.

I received reply.

А планируется разрешение проблемы с ускорением/замедлением речи в диалогах русской локализации?

Да, этим плотно занимаются, особенно русской версией. Было бы очень кстати, если бы вы скинули названия квестов и/или моменты в диалогах, где анимация не соответствует голосу. с:
Спасибо

Let's help devs with solution and point where in game we have speed up/slow moments during dialogues!

Let's help devs with solution and point where in game we have speed up/slow moments during dialogues!
Wow, that's a lot of work.
We can start by 70% of Geralt speach, ALL Triss dialogs etc. They said they have a person who knows Russian, just get him to work already xD
anyway, where'd u get this?
It is not a topic to do about it , and tech support sent feedback. Here are just decide when it is not yet known
I did write to tech supports. Their first reply was a standart "verify-try again", and after i reply'ed with "its more of a whole game problem, and not a certain dialog" - quite all the way,.

Hmm, I'd say redo all Yennefer's lines. She's sometimes that slow, stretching out every damn word. Oh yeah, if you're really gonna do this, then also do something with Ciri's voice. But take a different approach - hire a new voice actor for her.

---------- Updated at 04:46 PM ----------

It is not a topic to do about it , and tech support sent feedback. Here are just decide when it is not yet known

I can't even start guessing what that is supposed to mean. Please, say the same in Russian

Yeah. She's like rapper
I would say "Scatman John", she's more like h
Reply? Press arrows in my post to see original repsonse.
Holy cow a russian version recieved a reply!
I can't even start guessing what that is supposed to mean. Please, say the same in Russian
I think its a google translate, and he said "This is not a place to talk about it. Tech support recieved feedback and working on a fix, the date isnt quite known yet."

Last edited:
Triss - faster than Eminem.
Ciri - as slow as a snail, as if dying. And sometimes her voice is so slow that she sounds like robot. "Есл-л-л-и бб-ыыы нееее моо-о-оииии др-уузья..."
Geralt's lines have many slowed and quickened places.

If main characters' voices are fixed it will be A HUGE ACHIEVEMENT! All witchers and his friends and main enemies.

I wrote to CDPR Support today and here you are:

ME said:
Problem description:
In russian localization there are many troubles connected with speed of speech. The speech can be very slow or very quick so it\'s very difficult to catch. Most Ciri\'s lines are broken: she sounds terribly sl-o-o-w, as if robot. Triss sounds very fast as if she\'s Eminem. Geralt and Vesemir\'s lines are broken too. And many other lines of different characters are broken. I even can\'t remember them all. It has been since the very release and still not fixed. Localization is perfect, but it\'s broken due to some programming mistake. You can read about this here, on your forum: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36140-Russian-localization-weird-dialogue-speed-up-slow-down I really hope that you can fix it soon, or give us some information about it. Thank your for the best game I\'ve ever played.

Answer:
Marcin Kulikowski said:
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Marcin Kulikowski

Top Bottom