Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

+
Lets remember if same shit was happened to english community, the will start spam everywhere about this.
In english community everybody speaks English that's why hype could be huge. Our situation is different, taken that not every (minority) russian fan speaks English the amount of replies is rather upsetting.

Ok, I've tried to play Russian vo for my second playthrough, my ears almost started bleeding. It is an atrocity, this fucking synchronization just ruins everything!
I only got to Keira, and I've had enough already. Gonna stick with Polish until this shit is fixed (if it's fixed).

Last edited:
Hello friends!
First I want to thank you for the great games developed by you.

All the Witchers were just gorgeous, but the third has a bug that makes it realy unplayable with a Russian voiceover.

It is about the constant speed up and slow down voice - it destroys the whole atmosphere of fairy tales and adventure. I spent two months waiting for news about correcting this bug. No news :( Tell me - is it possible to rely on the fix, or have to play with English voiceover ...

Thank you anyway.

Will it be at least some response from developers?
Or i just should stop waiting for a miracle and start playing english version? This is not a threat or something - i am really want to know, whether i should wait even more or already start playing the game, that i waited for a long time.

Or i just should stop waiting for a miracle and start playing english version? This is not a threat or something - i am really want to know, whether i should wait even more or already start playing the game, that i waited for a long time.
relax dude. There will be no responce , cuz problem is known since 1st may and still we got nothing except tech support' s answer.

start playing english version with ""BATMAN"" Geralt voce and with totally dead atmosphere of slavic world.

No one will ever fix this. Why? Because it would mean doing one of these things:

1) Recording the Russian voices all over again, this time trying to match naturally sounding Russian voices with the original lip movements and their timings. In other words, dub the game all over again.

2) This can only be if the weird suddenly stepping up and slowing down tempo of Russian speech is a work of some audio software. In this case, they would need to take the original Russian audio files and this time adapt the lip movements to Russian voice timings. That would mean adjusting every single cut-scene in the game.

Neither of those are plausible. Too much time and money are required to do that. That's why there is not a single reply to this thread from CD project representatives. They just don't want to give us false hope, nor do they want to scare off potential Russian customers by admitting that there are any problems with Russian localization.

By the way, the only complain I wish to make is that whoever gave Ciri her Russian voice did a rather mediocre job. Other than that, the Russian VO is not so terrible as some people like to make out.

Last edited:
Voices are brilliant, most actors did really great work but acceleration and stuttering are just horrible. Awfully sad for such a great, story-rich game and the trilogy finale... Honestly i think it's a production mistake and it should be fixed even if it means re-timing and re-recording all the damaged lines. And there are tons of them, they are met in every dialog throughout the game except the new dlc quests - i guess at least they figured out the problem after the release. But that also means the expansions will be voiced normally and the clunky feel of the main game dialogs will become even more noticeable and irritating.
And yet i understand fixing this properly will cost a nice pile of money and no one's gonna spend that much of the sales income on fixing the localization even if it's totally broken.. At least not out local publisher..

A mournful end indeed...

It is so weird that such a gamer oriented company as CDP Red wouldn't even take time for some response.
A simple - "we are looking into this", or "we will check back with dev team and get back to you" would rly suffice. But it would seem that they have no intention of fixing this, which is quite sad rly.
I've been a huge supporter of a company, even after DRM mistake made with Witcher 2 in Russia (i know it's not CDP Red fault) they showed a great amount of support and fixed that one as soon as possible, but this does seem as if they just don't care. Granted, this one is quite hard to fix, as i would think it will require either redubbing the game, or working with game cut scenes in order to make room for the Slavic length.
Game is selling exelently, so why bother" As a lazy person myself, I can relate. As a person who plays in Russian - not rly.
So, here's hoping that someone will take time to reply, I’m putting this down.
Best regards.

CD Project, will you tell something about this? I think, every russian gamer, that loves witcher 3 is waiting for your response

CD Project, will you tell something about this? I think, every russian gamer, that loves witcher 3 is waiting for your response
They obviously not gonna fix it, because it would mean re-recording all the damaged lines (which i would say is about 1/3 of all the lines). And since they're not going to fix it, they're not gonna admit they failed, no.
They just gonna ignore us.

Top Bottom