S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

+
People who worked on Stalker are now behind Metro, and both of these franchises are much better then overhyped HL games. Especially Stalker. So who is better developer?
And there's no such thing as HL3, not even on paper. They didn't even finished episode 3! Valve is a joke!

On the other side Stalker 2 was already in the development. Story is completely finished, some character models and animations, concept art, etc.
Now i know almost everything about Stalker history. Also i was involved in some video games projects as a developer. I'm not naive and overhyped about this Stalker 2 announcement.
I'm just sharing information.

Thanks for sharing, having played the Stalker games I certainly hope that a new one is made into reality.

Too late to party, this used to be nice series when open world game werent common but they are now. Now devs should make linear story games in order to get attention. Its funny how things change.

Too late to party, this used to be nice series when open world game werent common but they are now. Now devs should make linear story games in order to get attention. Its funny how things change.
You are absolutely right. But that is Stalker, and there are still lots of Stalker fans and their children. So the game will be popular anyway.
The only thing I'm afraid of is multiplayer. After Fallout 76 it seems to be the thing you should never add to games.

I really enjoyed the STALKER games, but I think the combat system would need a lot of work to be more fun. There were some mods that addressed (what I would call) the major issues with the original games, but I'd much prefer the entire system to be rebuilt from the ground up to be much more like ArmA. Not necessarily one-shot kills, but definitely no more than 2-5 rounds to put anything down. Perhaps 6-7 if an enemy is super-powerful or wearing top-tier armor.

For the "otherworldly" creatures, they need variety in their behaviors. Something other than "notice the player -> get'em". I always thought how absolutely engrossing the game could be if you needed to track and study anomalous creatures, learn their very alien habits, possibly even create an ecosystem players could use to their advantage. The game is just begging for it, and we've definitely got the technology now.

You are absolutely right. But that is Stalker, and there are still lots of Stalker fans and their children. So the game will be popular anyway.
The only thing I'm afraid of is multiplayer. After Fallout 76 it seems to be the thing you should never add to games.

Maybe you're right, but at least Im not interested in supporting this series anymore, I dont see the point. They were ahead of time but they missed it. Open world games are so damn common now, Ubisoft is making them even more, then theres two brand new one like Mad Max and Middle Earth and probably dozen what I dont even know. or cant remember. Mass Effect is taking open world approach etc. Even linear games are using openworld design way at least to some degree, like Prey. They just stomped on us by open world design in last 5 year.

Maybe Ubisoft could do us Stalker clone? Betcha is gonna be 1000 time better.

Last edited:
Maybe you're right, but at least Im not interested in supporting this series anymore, I dont see the point. They were ahead of time but they missed it. Open world games are so damn common now, Ubisoft is making them even more, then theres two brand new one like Mad Max and Middle Earth and probably dozen what I dont even know. or cant remember. Mass Effect is taking open world approach etc. Even linear games are using openworld design way at least to some degree, like Prey. They just stomped on us by open world design in last 5 year.

Maybe Ubisoft could do us Stalker clone? Betcha is gonna be 1000 time better.

Assassin's Creed: Chernobyl?

Tom Clancy's The Zone?

FarCry: Anomaly?

WOw, they are really resurrecting this one. Review from 2017 at Youtube:

Solid 800k views atm. Awesome, one more open world survival game more! Thats what the game industry needs right now. "sarcasm" I dont see this ending well, hopefully big gaming companies will take another route.

Top Bottom