Sabbath immune?

+
Sabbath immune?

Make sabbath immune so neither play can buff/kill it. Easy counter play to it is just to play a high unit. As soon as sabbath touches the board hes mandraked :/

And now opponent has a unit you can only kill if you have something beefy! So he turns from Bears/BrouverElf counter into easiest card to counter with bears and hardest card to counter with engine decks!
Please...

That just won't work. Card has great potential you just have to play it at the right time. Without it being able to be killed it would steam roll through the whole deck. I hate having mine removed too but makes you think of other ways to buff it if it survives its first attack

Absolutely not. The card is already deadly if unanswered. Making Sabbath immune removes the most reliable way of killing it. Playing big units do not suffice - the Sabbath deck can play some control cards (e.g. fog, Parasite, even Blood Moon) to knock the unit down a bit and then it would walk over everything.

I think a better solution is to give him an extra tag like 'lonewolf' that prevent to increase his value. Thats's a way he can't be abused.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
LethoClean;n10629681 said:
As soon as sabbath touches the board hes mandraked :/

By you or the opponent? Heh. Anyhow, like the others have pointed out, your suggestion is not the way to "fix" Sabbath.

All this would do is leave the greatest burden of strategy on your opponent, rather than you, who would be using the card.

Make sabbath immune

Errr....No thanks

llshazell;n10630161 said:
I think a better solution is to give him an extra tag like 'lonewolf' that prevent to increase his value. Thats's a way he can't be abused.

That or make a new mechanic that allow him to activate his ability after he's played but put a limited counters on him and the "single-use" tag.
To be more specific, Imlerith comes into play, duel an enemy (you could even let the player chose which one with this change) then the game put 2 counters on him.

Then during each of your turn you can "activate" him which makes him duel another unit and removes a counter, when he's out, he's just a 5 points body but it's fine, he already dealt with 3 enemy units of 9 power or less.

As soon as sabbath touches the board hes mandraked
Feel greatful for it. That is basically the best thing that can happen for you. Played correctly, you should have traded a Silver against a Gold +between 8 and 11 points. That makes him even stronger than Ciri:Nova.

It will be unstopable with immunity.
This card is also in my suggestions topic:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...ce-suggestions

Imlerith: Sabbath, I like the ability of this card but it should be tweaked a bit.
  • With the Mandrake suggestion ahead (only playable on silver/bronze) in mind give it 5 armor.
    But remove reset armor and strengthen by 2 change it to reset and strengthen by 2 only.
  • Or give it more strength but duel at the start of a turn.

Last edited:
I think change it to turn start would be better: "Duel the highest enemy. If it survives, repeat the ability at your turn start".

Sure, make it impossible to target the guy who's only counter is pretty much targetable removes and locks. xD

If buffing him up is the issue you have with him, perhaps it's better that he has an upper strength limit (perhaps can't be buffed beyond 7-8ish), or have a timer so her can only duel 2-3 enemies, OR change his order to turn start so there's no longer a chance to buff him or damage the opponent before he gets to play again. There's plenty of possible fixes, I just don't think immunity is one of them.

llshazell;n10630161 said:

I'd rather call it synergy instead of abuse. I think it's probably one of the most interesting cards in the game right now. Unlike many other cards it doesn't reach its full potential on deploy, but (if it doesn't get destroyed or banished right away) you can buff him to make him more effective. The problem is that the card is too binary, esspecially in combination with mandrake and renew it can basically decide two rounds on its own if your opponent can't answer it. But instead of removing the possibility to buff him, they should add a timer, which limits the number of times he activates (for example 3 times over the whole game and the counter doesn't reset if you renew him).

BornBoring;n10632551 said:
I'd rather call it synergy instead of abuse. I think it's probably one of the most interesting cards in the game right now. Unlike many other cards it doesn't reach its full potential on deploy, but (if it doesn't get destroyed or banished right away) you can buff him to make him more effective. The problem is that the card is too binary, esspecially in combination with mandrake and renew it can basically decide two rounds on its own if your opponent can't answer it. But instead of removing the possibility to buff him, they should add a timer, which limits the number of times he activates (for example 3 times over the whole game and the counter doesn't reset if you renew him).

That's the only thing I like a bit less about IIshazell's idea, don't get me wrong, it's a good idea in the first place but it kinda remove the point of the card and just feels like a way of "nerfing him because he's too strong" rather than tweaking him to make him playable regardless of anyone's choice of deck/faction/strategy. I like the idea of keeping the same general concept (buffing him and trading opponent's units) but he's just too overwhelming as it is which is why I'm a fan of the "give him a limited number of activations" thing.

Limited number of activations seems fair.

Another idea that popped to my mind (kind of an extension of other ideas here): make him immune to strengthen/weaken effects, and instead of heal 2 and add 2 armor, make him reset both power and armor after duel.
He will still do lot of damage when ignored, but at least won't get completely out of control if you can't answer him immediately, and you can still buff him for next duel (but only that, then he resets). As a compensation the annoying all-in decks won't get their Renew bricked, because he can't get banished by Mandrake.
I'm not sure whether I like this idea myself, it may be too much text / complexity on a single card, and may still have issues, but I thought I'll throw it in as a possible alternative.

time_drainer;n10636331 said:
Another idea that popped to my mind (kind of an extension of other ideas here): make him immune to strengthen/weaken effects, and instead of heal 2 and add 2 armor, make him reset both power and armor after duel.
you can still buff him for next duel (but only that, then he resets). As a compensation the annoying all-in decks won't get their Renew bricked, because he can't get banished by Mandrake.
I'm not sure whether I like this idea myself, it may be too much text / complexity on a single card, and may still have issues, but I thought I'll throw it in as a possible alternative.
I like this idea alot. Immune is a little crazy. I just want this card to have a little life with it instead of being mandrake instantly either by myself to stop other mandrakes or by the opponent to be the fun police. I never played monsters until this card and its the only deck I play now :). All my other decks seem boring now compared to my sabbath deck.

Last edited:
Making him immune will only mean that you cant target him and kill him with Special cards. Thats not going to fix the problem. As I said on another post - Make Imlerith DOOMED. So that he cant be ressurrected by Renew.

Top Bottom