Sabbath needs to be Doomed

+

partci

Forum veteran
Sabbath needs to be Doomed

At least that. And better do it in a hotfix, when it is still early in the season.

I love the card, I think it is really fun design, but it is also so frustrating to be demolished by it. For 2 rounds.

Like, I played it and I ran into a GREATSWORDS deck that used SCORCH on the bugger. I bet it was tech just because of that. Still was not enough, cause I resurrected him at 11 R3 and the game just ended.

So, applying the Doomed tag on him will be a good step in the direction to make this card a lot less oppressive.

I strongly disagree, i have already encountered lots of different ways my opponents dealt with him.
Lets leave this card alone for now. Lets have some new ways for people to play monsters.
I seriously doubt he will start dominating games like Ciri:nova did.

I disagree as well, a lot of cards need to be doomed but sabbath isn't one of them. It takes 7 to 9 removal, if you can't get that out of yor deck it might be time to make some changes or include mandrake /lock.

partci

Forum veteran
I say this before even play against this card. It's from the experience I got with the deck I've built around it. In 4 games I had 2 where in 10 turns on a round my opponent had nothing left on his side of the board. The other 2 games I lost 1 cause I didn't draw good and the other Oppo just forfeited when I played him the first time.

It is another card that you need to carry Mandrake for, so good for Mandrake, but if you don't have it in the right moment, with Renew it can totally mess up everything.

You invested 2 gold slots to be able to play him twice. It's not going to be very consistent and not good vs control decks like alchemy NG.
I also disagree.

partci;n10582942 said:
I say this before even play against this card. It's from the experience I got with the deck I've built around it. In 4 games I had 2 where in 10 turns on a round my opponent had nothing left on his side of the board. The other 2 games I lost 1 cause I didn't draw good and the other Oppo just forfeited when I played him the first time.

It is another card that you need to carry Mandrake for, so good for Mandrake, but if you don't have it in the right moment, with Renew it can totally mess up everything.

Mandrake is the optimal solution as it banishes it but it is by far not the only solution, 9 point removal will do. You got easy wins today because it's new, people weren't ready but give it a week it will die on sight and people will be asking for a buff.

After playing some games against this card i can say it is really not fun to play games against double sabbath. Yes it can be removed, but lets say if it plays from royal decree and kills a unit without loosing armor - its now 7+4armor, no way to actually remove this in most decks. Considering it is usually played like this in first 1-3 turns - you pretty much loose a first round against a heavy weather deck and have to use not only sabbath removal in r3, but also weather removal, thats too much conditions. It should be either changed to 'give 2 armor if he lost an armor this turn', or have doomed tag. Dooming it will probably kill it, but armor solution look ok.

edit: one more thing. Yes, mandrake makes you win this game in most cases, but thats unhealthy gameplay situation, just like it was with copying a spy when majority of decks are forced to use it

Last edited:
Giaz33;n10598762 said:
After playing some games against this card i can say it is really not fun to play games against double sabbath. Yes it can be removed, but lets say if it plays from royal decree and kills a unit without loosing armor - its now 7+4armor, no way to actually remove this in most decks. Considering it is usually played like this in first 1-3 turns - you pretty much loose a first round against a heavy weather deck and have to use not only sabbath removal in r3, but also weather removal, thats too much conditions. It should be either changed to 'give 2 armor if he lost an armor this turn', or have doomed tag. Dooming it will probably kill it, but armor solution look ok.

edit: one more thing. Yes, mandrake makes you win this game in most cases, but thats unhealthy gameplay situation, just like it was with copying a spy when majority of decks are forced to use it

Mandrake is healthy, keeps you ready for consume and Sabbath. Don't fight it, include it. I'm at 6 wins tonight alone against this card using Outlaw-Mandrake. It's fine the way it is.

Top Bottom