Salty forfeit in ranked ruins winners points?

+
I saw a similar topic on reddit a week back about a guy saying he would never GG someone who forfeited, because he felt they were robbing him of precious points. I think forfeiting when you know you've lost is totally fine. It's often a show of respect for the other player and shows an understanding of how the round will play out. Now that it's been established that forfeits don't affect the points awarded, I don't understand anyone's frustration over a forfeit... It saves time and you get a W. Perhaps they were setting up some big play and wanted to see it play out?

AmiboshiMK;n9738521 said:
I find this quite irritating and almost never give GG for such behaviour.

I'm surprised that you don't see the irony that this - as opposed to forfeiting - is actually "salty" behaviour.

premiumlagerbeer;n9744271 said:
I saw a similar topic on reddit a week back about a guy saying he would never GG someone who forfeited, because he felt they were robbing him of precious points. I think forfeiting when you know you've lost is totally fine. It's often a show of respect for the other player and shows an understanding of how the round will play out. Now that it's been established that forfeits don't affect the points awarded, I don't understand anyone's frustration over a forfeit... It saves time and you get a W. Perhaps they were setting up some big play and wanted to see it play out?

I'm surprised that you don't see the irony that this - as opposed to forfeiting - is actually "salty" behaviour.

Everyone has their own interpretation and moral compass for when to give the GG, some give to everyone, some never give it. But to be honest, it is perhaps the only tool we have to fight poor sportsmanship with direct negative feedback to the player, not so much the salt for salt interpretation you seem to have taken.

ok, forfeiting has no effect on points earned/lost. Can you confirm that disconnecting has no effect either ?

oxitran;n9749011 said:
Everyone has their own interpretation and moral compass for when to give the GG, some give to everyone, some never give it. But to be honest, it is perhaps the only tool we have to fight poor sportsmanship with direct negative feedback to the player, not so much the salt for salt interpretation you seem to have taken.

Getting a non-GG is a lack of positive feedback without a reason given, this is different than negative feedback. I don't give a GG to anyone that will obviously win after I pass, yet continues to play all of their cards and long combos. I am sure they have no idea why I do it, and they assume I'm upset that they won. I'd probably be better off just forfeiting.

If anything, Gwent has muddled the meaning of GGing by attaching a reward to it, because GG used to be something that many people saved for a well fought battle. Well fought battles are rare.

We don't have tools to give accurate feedback.

Last edited:
I think we'll-fought battles are the norm, actually. Sometimes I make blunders, or get a ridiculously bad draw, sometimes my opponent does, but even there you can have a well-fought battle. I don't mind forfeits to save time, although I will generally just pass if the outcome is sure to go against me.

gigabomb;n9753561 said:
Getting a non-GG is a lack of positive feedback without a reason given, this is different than negative feedback. I don't give a GG to anyone that will obviously win after I pass, yet continues to play all of their cards and long combos. I am sure they have no idea why I do it, and they assume I'm upset that they won. I'd probably be better off just forfeiting.

If anything, Gwent has muddled the meaning of GGing by attaching a reward to it, because GG used to be something that many people saved for a well fought battle. Well fought battles are rare.

We don't have tools to give accurate feedback.

The fact that for anyone who does not spend hundreds of dollars on kegs leaves this game being nothing more than a big grind before you can actually enjoy things means that the lack of a GG, and the reward towards ending the grind, is a negative. Hence, negative feedback.

I agree that gwent has muddled the meaning of GG. I adhere to the original intent of the GG and will only GG when the game was actually a good game, which rarely happens with Meta deckers and with those who have poor sportsmanship, and I'm pretty sure they both understand why they don't get a GG.

Looks like this thread is in danger of getting derailed into a discussion on the subject of the GG button. We do have a dedicated thread for that, in here, so please use that for GG discussions.

Thank you, and carry on.

Top Bottom