Sandevistan Visual Suggestion

+
I think it would be super sick if just like the show Cyberpunk: EdgeRunners, when david activates it, it shows this super cool like, onion skin as he walks, I think that in game it should leave behind a hologram trail of some sort,
1663614642225.png

Aside from causing problems when walking backwards, this could be cool, as a toggle option. Maybe this could be used as way of showing when enemies are using their speedware when you trigger yours?

It's first person, you would not see the trails as you are always at the head

you could see other peoples trails.. but then the screen is going to get cluttered real quick in those intense firefights

Good point about 1st person.
Other people's trails would only be a problem if there are a lot of speedware users all triggering at the same time. In that case, I think it'd be a neat novelty, not the sort of thing that'd happen a lot, unless deliberately set up.

Don’t know if copying the anime exactly is the way to go. Especially since there’s already motion blur when you activate it anyway

I think it'd be a cool addition as a toggle-able feature, like the alternate appearance for Johnny. That said, I agree, in that I don't think stacking the afterimage aesthetic on top of the blur we currently have would be the way to do this. It'd have to be one or the other.

It's first person, you would not see the trails as you are always at the head

you could see other peoples trails.. but then the screen is going to get cluttered real quick in those intense firefights
Not entirely true, I combo sandevistan with monowire, so for me I end up jumping a lot and turning behind the enemies, so i'd see it very often

I would rather prefer the visual part, in the ripperdoc, you should be able to see how you look after you install sandevistan, or any other cyberwear, would be a cool addition to the game

I would rather prefer the visual part, in the ripperdoc, you should be able to see how you look after you install sandevistan, or any other cyberwear, would be a cool addition to the game
I definitely think that the U.I. while in ripperdocs shop could be improved, instead having V visually on the chair, and seeing the mods get installed by the robotics around her, as well as a native 3rd person option, so that you can see your modded our character whenever you'd like. I don't quite enjoy that blaring red menu that pops up

Hmmm, while it was a cool effect in the anime series, I fear it would cause too much clutter in the game. Currently when opponents use it, we see it as them 'zipping' around and I think that is fine. What we basically see ingame is an exxagerrated slow-mo version so that we can keep up. I'm not 100% sure (I'd have to watch the episode again) but when David uses the Sandi against Katsuo Tanaka we see the slow-mo effect; but when Tanaka's dad views the footage he simply sees David 'teleporting' without any of the slow-mo afterimages. Now I could be misremembering but that's what I recall. :)

Hmmm, while it was a cool effect in the anime series, I fear it would cause too much clutter in the game. Currently when opponents use it, we see it as them 'zipping' around and I think that is fine. What we basically see ingame is an exxagerrated slow-mo version so that we can keep up. I'm not 100% sure (I'd have to watch the episode again) but when David uses the Sandi against Katsuo Tanaka we see the slow-mo effect; but when Tanaka's dad views the footage he simply sees David 'teleporting' without any of the slow-mo afterimages. Now I could be misremembering but that's what I recall. :)
yes, the zipping around still applies, that doesn't change in the game or anime you realize that right? I think #1 the blue effect that plays during the sandevistan needs to be removed, that in itself clutters my screen so much and I hate it, it needs to be black and white, or not there at all, but the hologram effect could obviously be mitigated only being a short trail instead of the entire movement you make. Thinking as that as the only reason stopping a cool feature is nonsense since it can obviously be solved in a million different ways

Top Bottom