Sandevistan

+
I'm trying a fighter build so I opted for Sandevistan. So far I'm not very impressed. Sure its kind of cool but it's not uber and I miss quickhacking. But there is another issue, after installing the Sandevistan it seems I can no longer hack access points? They don't appear on the map, and if I find them anyway I can enter but there are no options for the hacking minigame. Is this a feature of Sandevistan or some kind of bug?
Already considering taking it off. I think I prefer the "Jack of all Trades" build, where V is good with all kind of weapons, good with crafting, can open all doors strength or tech, is pretty good at quickhacking, has a touch of Ninjitsu, even though he's not superspecialized in anything.

But there is another issue, after installing the Sandevistan it seems I can no longer hack access points? They don't appear on the map, and if I find them anyway I can enter but there are no options for the hacking minigame. Is this a feature of Sandevistan or some kind of bug?
Sandevistan is not a Cyberdeck (required to hack), you can no longer hack (including hacking access points).
It's the same with Bersek ;)
(I suppose that only encrypted shards can be "hackable" without Cyberdeck)

Sandevistan, with the right build to support it, is extremely OP. But then again, so is everything else in the game. That's kind of the point.

But yeh, if you love hacking then... It's a no brainer. I've tried all three types of OS and my favourite is actually berserk with a melee build. It's the only one that actually just lets you play. The other two are basically pause mode and when I used Sandevistan (with camo and kerenzikov), the vast majority of fights were over before the Sandevistan effect ended, leaving me stood there a little sheepishly running down the slowed time clock with nothing to do.

Anyway, if your build is based on INT and hacking then the only option for you that's sensible is a cyberdeck. I've not put a point into INT since my first play through because I find the quick-hack gameplay very pedestrian, slow and a bit too easy (fun enough for one go, though).

Last edited:
I'd pay like at least an additional $5 on an MTX for a cyberdeck that let you Quickhack and Slow time. Like combine the Legendary Qiant and the Arasaka Mk.4 **Hint** **Hint** CDPR

There is one Sandevistian with 15 sec cooldown, with 3 mods the time can be decreased to 3 seconds and some cyberware to 2 seconds, which can be turned into 0 seconds without slow time, if you use Kerenzikov in between. Having unlimited slow time, means you can kill any groups of enemies without getting a single hit. Yes, you can't hack, but being immortal is also quiet strong.

If you are on PC then there is a mod which allows you to use both cyberdeck and sandevistan/berserk at the same time

This ^

System-EX (Required) plus if you use the Hands-EX (Optional) patch for it, you can use Two hand mods as well, SO no need to switch between smart link and ballistic coprocessor.

Definitely makes for super OP characters but if it's not your first playthrough and you just want to wreck everything it can be fun to play around with.

There is another patch fopr system-ex which literally unlocks all slots so you can basically install every piece of Cyberware at the same time... but that's far too OP for me, it's basically just God mode without the God mode mod turned on.

I've seen that but I am afraid of melting my laptop with the game on PC. I like playing on Series X. I might try and see if I can mod the game and transfer the save to the Xbox and see if it still works.

The jet boots I had all the time didn't carry over but all the other things did.

All of the Legendary stuff I forced into my inventory stay when I play my PC save on Xbox.

I'm trying the Sandevistan again (after watching Edgerunners :cool:). I was planning to use not for melee but as the cyberpsycho in episode 1 running around and popping heads with my pistol. Or maybe just try.
However first time I try it I meet a fail, I have a Synaptic Accelerator which activates when a perp sees you (not discover, just start to see you with the yellow eye). OK the perp caught me in the corner of his eye and Synaptic activated, slowing time for two seconds. But then when I tried the Sandy it didn't work, it seems it was in cooldown caused by the Synaptic's activation. So the question, you can't use effectively more than one time-slower? So I would need to remove the Synaptic so it won't interfere with the Sandevistan?

I'm trying the Sandevistan again (after watching Edgerunners :cool:). I was planning to use not for melee but as the cyberpsycho in episode 1 running around and popping heads with my pistol. Or maybe just try.
However first time I try it I meet a fail, I have a Synaptic Accelerator which activates when a perp sees you (not discover, just start to see you with the yellow eye). OK the perp caught me in the corner of his eye and Synaptic activated, slowing time for two seconds. But then when I tried the Sandy it didn't work, it seems it was in cooldown caused by the Synaptic's activation. So the question, you can't use effectively more than one time-slower? So I would need to remove the Synaptic so it won't interfere with the Sandevistan?
Yea used too be that you could have constant slow time just with a sandy on with -cooldown mods(one specific one) but now the cooldown starts countdown after the effect wears off, just guessing it shared all CD with slowdown. Still its like a couple of seconds and your basiclly immortal. Sadly i never liked pistols since it doesnt speed up weapon speed. shooting a revolver is sooo slow with even the 15% slow sandy..

Legendary sandevistan coupled with high dex build and mantis claws (or perhaps a sword) is quite op.. I can slice the heads off all enemies in a NCPD hustle (usually 6-10) before the timer is out. Then I just stand and wait for the return to normality and the heads and other body parts will hit the floor around me..

Overall, this game is all about making a synchronized build. If you try "little bit of everything" balanced build its going to... well... suck. High armor "tanky" build also tends to suck at higher difficulties, but sandevistan is going to always be strong.

EDIT: Offtopic, but I wanna say it: I dont know if its a bug or a feature but after edgerunners patch Ive noticed that smart weapons are COMPLETELY useless. Like they do almost no damage at all even if I have high dex build.

Legendary sandevistan coupled with high dex build and mantis claws (or perhaps a sword) is quite op.. I can slice the heads off all enemies in a NCPD hustle (usually 6-10) before the timer is out. Then I just stand and wait for the return to normality and the heads and other body parts will hit the floor around me..

Overall, this game is all about making a synchronized build. If you try "little bit of everything" balanced build its going to... well... suck. High armor "tanky" build also tends to suck at higher difficulties, but sandevistan is going to always be strong.

EDIT: Offtopic, but I wanna say it: I dont know if its a bug or a feature but after edgerunners patch Ive noticed that smart weapons are COMPLETELY useless. Like they do almost no damage at all even if I have high dex build.
I keep trying specialized builds and keep gravitating back to Jack of all Trades. And it works for me, I blitz through the game on hard. Actually going too special involves its own difficulties, for example going full melee sure you can cut everyone's head off in a zippy, but you will meet that situation where melee just doesn't cut it (ha ha cut it). You can make do, but it is more difficult. Actually I don't need to fill out any tree (maybe except Crafting). I can clean an enemy camp just snapping their necks, and this with Cool 4 and two perks in it. I can use very powerful hacks, having the best deck helps a lot even if the tech tree is not filled. I switch from pistol to assault gun to sniper to katana depending on individual enemy need, frequently in the same battle and to good effect. Sure I'm not maxing the potential in any particular branch, but I consider Jack of All Trades a quite valid build even though I've only seen negative opinions about it. Mainly the reason I want to try some specialized builds is out of curiosity and challenge, to try something different. But I find them harder not easier at least in the early stage.

I keep trying specialized builds and keep gravitating back to Jack of all Trades. And it works for me, I blitz through the game on hard. Actually going too special involves its own difficulties, for example going full melee sure you can cut everyone's head off in a zippy, but you will meet that situation where melee just doesn't cut it (ha ha cut it). You can make do, but it is more difficult. Actually I don't need to fill out any tree (maybe except Crafting). I can clean an enemy camp just snapping their necks, and this with Cool 4 and two perks in it. I can use very powerful hacks, having the best deck helps a lot even if the tech tree is not filled. I switch from pistol to assault gun to sniper to katana depending on individual enemy need, frequently in the same battle and to good effect. Sure I'm not maxing the potential in any particular branch, but I consider Jack of All Trades a quite valid build even though I've only seen negative opinions about it. Mainly the reason I want to try some specialized builds is out of curiosity and challenge, to try something different. But I find them harder not easier at least in the early stage.

The optical camo is a godsend for sandevistan/berserk users who cannot hack cameras.

The game is not that hard, except if you make it hard for yourself. Personally Ive been most disappointed in a high resistance/health tanky build, because it simply cannot take enough damage. Its always better to just use sandevistan and not let the enemy even have an opportunity to hit you.

never beat this game or finished it through because of the bugs and glitches. come back to play after edgerunners. game is still broken. please fix the sandevistan issues because theyre mad fucking annoying. yall are game creators figure it out

The thing is you can make yourself really good at something without investing that much. Of course, by maxing a tech tree you can become uber and have a special experience in that area, especially from a roleplaying point of view. But you can buy the best cyberdeck and buy or find the best hacks and really sweep with everything, with little investment in perks or Intelligence. You can become real good at stealth, with few or no perks or investment in Cool whatsoever! Just by learning to do it right (player skill). You can become really good with weapons, here you do need Crafting investment to make the weapons really good, but you don't need to invest that much in Reflexes and its perks to be an expert with them. Maxed and modded weapon along with player skill. I'm not saying that perks are bad, but they are supplementary and optional. They can carry you over and make you uber in an area, so much that the game becomes boring.

Top Bottom