Sapkowski in German

+
Sapkowski in German

In Germany only two books from A. Sapkowski were published in the 90´s and they are sold out long ago. I was one of the lucky guys who got both books... :)Titles are "Der letzte Wunsch" and "Das Schwert der Vorhersehung", in English it´s called "The last wish" and "Sword of prophecy".German bookpublisher dtv has started a new edition of the Geralt cycle, so this is the chance for all Witcher fans to read about the background of the upcoming game.

me2 I have one of the sold out editions, that is the pocket edition (Heyne) with the two novels in one book, published in 2000. I found out, you have to pay a fortune to get one of that edition ;DMaybe... I hope so, if the game sells fine it will be a reason for dtv to continue the Geralt Saga overhere.

@BiggieYep - at ebay book2 sells for about 40-70 euros!^^All owners of this first edition should be very careful with this copies... ;)

sure thing :)at amazon you even have to pay 79,90€ http://www.amazon.de/letzte-Wunsch-Das-Schwert-Vorsehung/dp/3453178025/ref=sr_11_1/028-8845795-7375704?ie=UTF8&qid=1178793176&sr=11-1 for a used one ^..^ On my book there's a sticker "special offer DM 20,--" ;DI didn't remember at all I had that book. I just discovered it one day when I glimpsed at my dusty book case and read the name Andrzej Sapkowski :eek:

*seufz*i've payed ~40€ for 2 years for both books.And now i hope, that the others will translated in german... because my english ist not good enough for reading books :(

i've enough problems with english... and then a third language?i thing thats not a good idea ;) :p

they are already starting with the new edition:http://www.amazon.de/letzte-Wunsch-Erster-Band-Geralt-Saga/dp/3423209933/ref=sr_1_1/028-0601844-2314166?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182378073&sr=1-1and it's only 8,95€same in english with a slightly better cover:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Wish-Gollancz-S-F/dp/0575077832/ref=sr_1_2/026-2282167-9324460?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182378069&sr=1-2and more expensive: 14 pounds

I've read the new version yesterday and the day before. It's quick to read. It's entertaining :) On the book cover is a comment from "Playboy" and somehow it's fitting :D But I wonder how many of the names have been translated. I've seen Miss "Zollstock" in the english version of the game. Such jokes get lost in the german version.You can read other books from Sapkowski untill the witcher sequels are published. Narrenturm for Example, only €4, and the cover is much more goodlooking then Der letzte Wunsch... I wish I had one of those The Witcher stickers from GC...http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/302-8938656-2968025?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books-de&field-author=Andrzej%20Sapkowski

I bought me the first book for a several weeks, and it's really good to read, I like the stories very much!Hey! I don' know, that dtv have launched a issue many years ago! I hope dtv start a new issue of ALL Geralt Books! Buy them all, then they have a reason to make them!but the english version lookes much nicer then the german issue. :eek: So nice!

A little OT here, but it's very interesting, that "Miecz przeznaczenia" ("Sword of fate/destiny") was actually translated into German "Sword of prophecy" which lacks proper meaning in the context of the events in the book (and in the Saga by the way). I wonder why was this phrase translated in such a way?

I sent a mail yesterday to dtv and they answered, that the next book ("Das Schwert der Vorsehung") releasedate will be in June 2008 - and then every 6 months a new one ("Das Blut der Elfen", "Die Zeit der Verachtung", "Die Feuertaufe", "Der Schwalbenturm" and "Die Herrin vom See"). For the complete series we have to wait 'till December 2010 - a long time. But maybe they will release 2 books in 1.

Teer1

Forum veteran
Maki said:
so there is still hope for us unlucky people who don't understand Polish.
If you don't want wait, you can always try to learn russian, czech or spanish language, if polish is too hard for you :p

I speak a few word in spanish, but none of them could help me, if you understand. ^^And in russian I can already tell my name. :DBut I will learn an much languages as I find time. I love all languages altough my favourites are the gaelicc ones.

Top Bottom