Sarkeesian predicts Witcher 3 will be "misogynist".

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
She clearly doesnt know what she is talking about and is doing so only to get attention.

HOWEVER lets be real here - CDPR is really investing on the sex factor. Selling sex and boob physics made the news recently, and the whole "if its pretty you can sleep with it" is getting out of hand, this might be actually one reason why they made ciri more manly.

If you look at it, In the withcer 2 there was one for everyone. There were woman for you to "have" of any color, of any type, long hair, short hair, blond, black, red. Even those whom you didnt sleep with you still saw a semi sexual scene, i.e. Philipa, Saskia, and so on. I personally just shrug it off and ignored it, but it was getting ridiculous in witcher 2, as I feel they are just blatantly exploiting female beauty on some teenage boys reaching their puberty. Dont get me wrong, everyone is doing it, even bioware which i hate, they even include homosexual and animal ("zoophilia?") relationship options in games so it will sit well with everyone, I will not be surprised if in the near future we see bioware also exploit underage as their source of attraction if they get a poll that there is a market for it.

But this brings me back to the original point, its Geralts, so he has to do it - he is known for it. But maybe we can cut back on the little random occurances? like those elven woman we saved from fire, the sleeping was completely unnecessary, an extraoridnary potion or a relic sword would have been much better as a reward, a choice given to us even during the Succubus quest which I enjoyed a lot until Flash ruined it in his mod and removed the item. We need more choices like this. You want to sleep with this girl? sure, but you will loose a great opportunity to get this item or do that quest etc . . . I think CDPR should reward us based on our choices and not being pushed to do it just because it took a lot of lonely nights to animate it.

Though sadly this post will be burried here, I would love to make a thread about it so we can discuss it but I doubt its allowed. I would like a developer to see this at least, and for once take a step back and say - maybe we gone too far.

Last edited:
I'm with Hotjimmies here, by giving her more attention you're just letting her continue to do what she does. Unfortunately, it seems that she already is decently popular, but she still doesn't need our minds waste time on her complexes too.

I'm all for equality, but then there are some things that really grinds my gears. Especially how men can be depicted certain ways, but the same can't apply to women because then it's demeaning or provoking. There was this food commercial once, that had a woman laugh at her husband as he was eating (she was eating as well), and she jokingly patted him on his stomach(indicating him being overweight). Sure, this wouldn't have to mean what I think it meant, but the man was portly, and the glare he made in response to her 'loving' remark just spoke of 'What the...'.

Sure, this was a commercial, they were actors. But picture this, the same commercial but the other way around, and the man patting her on her stomach while she was eating. Think that one would have slided? Not a chance. But hey, us men, we can take it, right. Right? Idiots.

I have never heard of this person, and I'm pretty sure that neither have any of my friends, many of whom are women. We've discussed gender issues on many occasions and I can say that they wouldn't pay this person any attention what so ever.

Tell this woman that Witcher book series and Witcher 2 ( Witcher 1has engine restrictions, which means that it's always Geralt talking to somebody) pass The Bechdel test.

Does anyone take this woman seriously.....she is full of it and uses misinformation and half-truths to prove her,not feminist,but women-superiority point....she needs to be looked at as a NAZI-equivalent of modern age.,...she is like a cancer

According to this woman every game that has a "damsel in distress" element is misogynistic. Too bad that the "damsel in distress" isn't even misogynistic at all in general....

Anita Sarkeesian is another word for dishonest cherry-picking without context or basic knowledge. It's a shame that she obviously still has a platform to share her made up bullshit and that some people still listen to her...

Last edited:
Like it or not, she's acquired influence. It remains to be seen what results from it, but at the least she's being paid a lot of lip service.

Well, it was the first time I heard about her, and my only thought - "another lunatic!" Guys, if to pay attention to all retards popping up thanks to wide-spread literacy and computer revolution, we won't have time for anything else. Personally, I have no idea how to argue with opinionated crazies because they simply won't listen to anybody. Just treat her as internet white noise.

While I do think TW1 was very misogynistic in a lot of elements, another way to look at TW2, is that it was a drastic improvement. It still has flaws with that regard, but not anything spectacularly beyond the current standards of the industry (which are deplorable of course), and in some elements, much better than the industry's norms.

In that line of thought, I think it is likely that TW3 will also be an improvement over the 2nd. I am almost sure it will have flaws, with some representations / facets that will not sit well with me. But, I would not dismiss the entire game and its good points.

Of course it is possible for it to be even worse, if they decide to strip Ciri, who is supposed to be this badass warrior mage, of all agency and turn her into another passive damsel in distress. That would be a very stupid move, if only because it would reduce of Ciri's character and not be utilizing her fully.

Last edited:

Mal

Forum veteran
To be honest with you I find it funny. Sarkeesian is just another attention whore and her movies and any other acticity is source of great fun for me.
I know it just like making laugh of invalids but I can't resist it.

feminists... pathetic, the witcher series is the most ADULT and MATURE video game series ever created, it mirrors the slavic mythology of the medieval times perfectly and the woman who wrote these comments mirrors here own time of female glorification perfectly, we should understand men and women are equals but can never be the same....

I predict Sarkeesian to continue being a moron.

Also when did "historical accuracy" ever come up in Witcher advertising? Oh wait, see above sentence...

You guys just gave her 6 pages in a day. She must be very happy with all the attention.
If she has, in your opinion, nothing valuable to say, then just ignore her. Do you guys think she would make those statements if there was noone to read or hear them?
The value of this thread is zero. Of course everyone is free to talk about it..., I'm just saying that she will continue to make those stupid remarks as long as there are people who listen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom