Sarkeesian predicts Witcher 3 will be "misogynist".

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
She says women are just sex objects in games. But when a women gets treated how a male characters gets treated, she complains about how they were brutalised . If she wants equality in games, why does she complain when she gets it?
You can't argue with reason with dogmatists. She actually BELIEVES in that stuff. She doesn't need arguments or logic. She doesn't care about reason..

I definitely think there are characters who are misogynists, and it's definitely a world that has a fairly high amount of sexism in it, but that's depiction, not endorsement. But some people either cannot or will not make that distinction.

Yes, I actually meant on the part of the devs.

I have faith in CDPR.

It's just low-hanging fruit. It's so much easier to be an activist when all you need to do is make a few tweets, update your facebook page, and make the occasional video. So much easier than actually doing something to help women. But it would be nice if she actually checked her facts occasionally instead of just getting her information from others who got their information from others who never actually played the game concerned.

Anyway, there will always be some who think only about red cars and therefore see only red cars. Their problem, not ours.

It would appear that the argument is
- It depicts a patriarchal world, therefore it is misogynist. (The fact that some of the most powerful characters in this world are female is presumably irrelevant)
- As it's a fantasy world, it doesn't need to be historically accurate, so that wouldn't be a justification (The fact that it's based on a book series is presumably irrelevant. They could clearly just change everything)
It's such a ridiculously flawed argument that it doesn't even warrant a response. I'm getting convinced that Sarkeesian just wants to make women look and sound stupid.

@Jimmy_Qu - I don't think you need worry. This type of comment only tends to be believed by those who already believe it, so it shouldn't affect anything else.

Without explaining what she means, it looks like just another rant. Such people should explain their thoughts through normal posts, and not through bird language limited service.

I don't know...I hope she isn't in a position to influence a bunch of others who might otherwise appreciate and enjoy the games. Otherwise, uh yeah, moving on.

She's cheer leading for people who wouldn't be interested in the game anyway. I doubt anything will come of it unless she persists, which would only mean more exposure for CDPR.

I hope that developers don't get influenced by this horrible character.
Honestly, with all the male bashing overflowing in any tv show or fiction, be it a movie, a tv series or a videogame and without anyone saying a single word about it, she'd better off shut up.
This s**t is gonna influence the kids making them loathe what they are.
Feminist hypocrisy is one of the few things that makes me go berserk angry...

I expect a complex ,well built plot and world lore that's deeper than meets the eye.

The world in the witcher can be pretty shitty and I don't think anyone denies that.Its unfair,harsh,cruel in every possible way.Comparing its problems to freaking modern first world problems is silly.

Just play the game and ,through geralt, you can make it a better world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom