Saskia comic

+
Spoilers for comic
I read the English comic and don't know how it comes across in Polish, but Dandelion starts by saying "The year was 1271", giving the impression he is telling this farther out than TW3's 1272. But I suppose it's not an outright contradiction.

It's not that big of a stretch. Imagine Witcher 2 Dandelion's voice narrating it. He's likely to embellish his stories, and I can imagine him saying "the year was 1271" dramatically even if it's only 1272 now.

Kinda disappointed, the comic is so out of place in the existing narrative

Geralt learns about Yennefer and starts to head south is changed into him going west to Vergen to hunt a big turtle

Saskia is a half breed with 2 forms but the comic says she's purebred and can assume many forms

Iorveth just ditches Vergen for no reason

In Witcher 3 Eskel says there's fighting in Lormark (Upper Aedirn) which I thought was an implication that Saskia was leading a guerrilla war, but apparently Vergen just got razed and Saskia ran away

Witcher 3 Geralt has dialogue where he asks Phillipa about Saskia and var Attre about Vergen, but those lines are now pointless

Geralt doesn't end up retiring with Yennefer

I could be more nitpicky and complain about why "magic rope" is a stupid device to implement in a comic considering how useful it would be but you get the idea of my post.

I think if they replaced Geralt with Iorveth in the comic and showed something else like an internal conflict in Vergen that results in Iorveth splitting from Saskia it would've been a lot better.

The HoS expansion was super great though, really looking forward to B&W, I just sincerely hope it doesn't come with a comic.

I must sadly agree with this.

I personally would have been better off without the comic, there are just way too many small plot holes and inconsistencies there, not to mention that it only applies to the Iorveth's Path, making Roche's path completely irrelevant.
Some official clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Side Note:
I must point out that i prefer this art-syle better than the one used in the Dark Horse comics, or even the Reasons of State one.

Last edited:
I must sadly agree with this.

I personally would have been better off without the comic, there are just way too many small plot holes and inconsistencies there, not to mention that it only applies to the Iorveth's Path, making Roche's path completely irrelevant.
Some official clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Side Note:
I must point out that i prefer this art-syle better than the one used in the Dark Horse comics, or even the Reasons of State one.

Roche's path is the cannon in game, I think this was a sop to those of us who went for Iorveth and Saskia.

Roche's path is the cannon in game, I think this was a sop to those of us who went for Iorveth and Saskia.

To be honest no path feel like "canon" in-game, as there are many stuff missing/ignored from both paths, with many plot holes and inconsistency all around....

I haven't read the comic but...how could the Nilfgaardian army wipe out a dragon?

Depending upon your choices in TW2 she is removed from the equation. Sorry to be vague but I don't want to spoil things if you haven't played TW2, and, if you haven't, I highly recommend you do because in a lot of ways it's superior to TW3.

---------- Updated at 09:51 PM ----------

To be honest no path feel like "canon" in-game, as there are many stuff missing/ignored from both paths, with many plot holes and inconsistency all around....

Agreed, to some extent. Their refusal to create a proper world state import lead to some seriously bastardised canon. For example, it seems to regard not rescuing Triss as canon whilst considering Saskia's death as canon which is a contradiction in game choices in the second game. Plus Iorveth was cut from the final release so who knows what dialogue might have occurred between him and Geralt?

For example, it seems to regard not rescuing Triss as canon

Actually, the game does react to that choice, however, like most of the other TW2 save imports, it is lazily implemented, and only affects a few dialogues with secondary NPCs.

whilst considering Saskia's death as canon which is a contradiction in game choices in the second game.

Would it also be a contradiction on Roche's path, assuming that is "canon" ? Then again, all imported choices from TW2 have at least some minor consequences, so they are not really made canon, the game just does not react to them consistently and they are ignored much of the time.

Last edited:
Actually, the game does react to that choice, however, like most of the other TW2 save imports, it is lazily implemented, and only affects a few dialogues with secondary NPCs.

I know it's referenced but it's the only reason I can think of for the forced break up at the beginning of the game. If you follow the Triss-rescue path you do not break up.

Would it also be a contradiction on Roche's path, assuming that is "canon" ? Then again, all imported choices from TW2 have at least some minor consequences, so they are not really made canon, the game just does not react to them consistently and they are ignored much of the time.

Hence the term 'bastardised'. Or,if you'll excuse my beauclairoise, it's a fucking mess and one caused because of the lack of a proper save import. That decision caused more problems than it could ever have solved. But let's not hijack the thread, mate. There's others we can use for such debate.

Top Bottom