Saskia comic

+
This comic only applies to Iorveths path, thats why Henselt is alive.
Well you can have a Roche path that allows Saskia and Henselt to live, so that it can fit with this comic.

This comic flows better with Iorveth's path, yet TW3 fits better with Roche's (where Roche is Geralt's good friend in TW3, and Iorveth isn't mentioned at all), at least in my opinion.

It doesnt fit Roches path because there is no free Pontar Valley. Vergen is taken by Henselt.

Exactly, the last few pictures are just Dandelions wishful thinking.

It doesnt fit Roches path because there is no free Pontar Valley. Vergen is taken by Henselt.
Wow, you're right, there doesn't seem to be a way Roche's path can fit with this comic. I didn't notice at first, since I forgot some of the politics of TW2.

CDPR just decanonized (from CDPR canon at least, since all non-Sapkowski works aren't considered book canon) half of TW2 players with this comic.... :(

Last edited:
This comic is meant to be follow up to Iorveth's path only, not set canon for Roche' s path so dont feel decanonized : )

Consider this a little bit of extra, a different point of view of what could have been had you made a different decision : )

Thats how I felt when interacting with Roche in W3 on my Iorveth' s save import : D : )

Well you can have a Roche path that allows Saskia and Henselt to live, so that it can fit with this comic.

This comic flows better with Iorveth's path, yet TW3 fits better with Roche's (where Roche is Geralt's good friend in TW3, and Iorveth isn't mentioned at all), at least in my opinion.

Tried both paths in TW3 and I don't think Roche is truly a "good friend" if you choose Iorveth path, at least in beginning.

This comic is meant to be follow up to Iorveth's path only, not set canon for Roche' s path so dont feel decanonized : )

I think that the comic book is either a way to bid Saskia's character an open-ended farewell or to set up her possible appearance in the Blood and Wine DLC, since she may have ended up in the Nilfgaardian empire after the events described. That leaves the space open for Iorveth's appearance as well - at least I'd like to think so.

In either case, if they do return, I really hope that they don't throw out the possibility of Saskia having died in The Witcher 2. IMHO, better give her a minor role that not necessarily all players would see rather than create more inconsistencies between The Witcher 3 and its predecessors. The game already has a very weak system of reflecting previous choices.

Last edited:
I think that the comic book is either a way to bid Saskia's character an open-ended farewell or to set up her possible appearance in the Blood and Wine DLC, since she may have ended up in the Nilfgaardian empire after the events described. That leaves the space open for Iorveth's appearance as well - at least I'd like to think so.

i got a feeling this was our final goodbye to Saskia. As disappointed as I am in TW3 for its poor save imports I am glad we got something at least, As for Iorveth I am more sure than ever that he will eventually show up. After all if not, they could have easily written him out. I think they have a plan for him, but it does not include saskia.

i got a feeling this was our final goodbye to Saskia. As disappointed as I am in TW3 for its poor save imports I am glad we got something at least, As for Iorveth I am more sure than ever that he will eventually show up. After all if not, they could have easily written him out. I think they have a plan for him, but it does not include saskia.

CDPR hasn't been the best at following up on its promises and claims lately, but I do recall them confirming that both Saskia and Iorverth are safe. Of course, their plans may have changed since then, but by writing them both out, they sacrifice characters with great potential for a DLC or even Enhanced Edition. Seeing how they managed to make almost 2 separate games with the Assassins of Kings (Roche/Iorveth path), it would be pretty underwhelming not to see the return of such well-known faces based on players' choices from the second game.

Last edited:
When I started reading this comic I was actually immediately rather annoyed at the following bit:

"For what chance would some measly chelondrake have against a purebred golden dragon?"

She isn't, she's half green (Myrgtabrakke), half golden(villentretenmerth). That's why she only has a single human transformation. Shame on you CDPR. :(
And although I think this was mentioned before as well, I highly doubt Iorveth and his elves would leave Vergen at all. It's pretty heavily implied Iorveth is in love with Saskia and at the start of the Witcher 2, you have a short conversation about a group of elves bowing to the dragon as she flies overhead. I don't think they'd be angry with her being a dragon.

Other than that I really enjoyed the comic and I'm glad we have a little more backstory on Saskia and Vergen at least. Although I do hope Yarpen is safe as well, CDPR has come out and stated both Saskia and Iorveth are safe so for now I'm going to go with that and hope to see them both in the upcoming expansion. (I secretly hoped to see a few hints at them during this one already but you can't win them all.)

Kinda disappointed, the comic is so out of place in the existing narrative

Geralt learns about Yennefer and starts to head south is changed into him going west to Vergen to hunt a big turtle

Saskia is a half breed with 2 forms but the comic says she's purebred and can assume many forms

Iorveth just ditches Vergen for no reason

In Witcher 3 Eskel says there's fighting in Lormark (Upper Aedirn) which I thought was an implication that Saskia was leading a guerrilla war, but apparently Vergen just got razed and Saskia ran away

Witcher 3 Geralt has dialogue where he asks Phillipa about Saskia and var Attre about Vergen, but those lines are now pointless

Geralt doesn't end up retiring with Yennefer

I could be more nitpicky and complain about why "magic rope" is a stupid device to implement in a comic considering how useful it would be but you get the idea of my post.

I think if they replaced Geralt with Iorveth in the comic and showed something else like an internal conflict in Vergen that results in Iorveth splitting from Saskia it would've been a lot better.

The HoS expansion was super great though, really looking forward to B&W, I just sincerely hope it doesn't come with a comic.

In Witcher 3 Eskel says there's fighting in Lormark (Upper Aedirn) which I thought was an implication that Saskia was leading a guerrilla war, but apparently Vergen just got razed and Saskia ran away

Witcher 3 Geralt has dialogue where he asks Phillipa about Saskia and var Attre about Vergen, but those lines are now pointless

When all this happened? I mean, the dialogues with Eskel and Var Attre about Lormark / Vergen. I've played the game twice and it's the first time i've heard about this conversations

Yeah, I also dont remember asking var attre about Vergen or Eskel about Lormark. Evidence please!

If you chose Iorveth path in W2 the var Attre bit is in Vizima right after you talk to Yennefer at the end of the Prologue. Eskel's comment about Lormark takes place at the funeral (I think).

Saskia is a half breed with 2 forms but the comic says she's purebred and can assume many forms

Geralt doesn't end up retiring with Yennefer
Dandelion: The year was 1271...

Geralt: It was only a few months ago!

Dandelion: Whatever. What chance would some measly chelondrake have against a purebred Golden Dragon?

Geralt: I seem to remember Saskia being a half-bred dragon. Are you sure that...

Dandelion: Whatever. I would like to lie and say Geralt found his beloved Yennefer, and that they lived happily ever after on a small farm...

Geralt: Dandelion!! Can't you at least wait 2 days before publishing this nonsense? I haven't even reached Nilfgaard yet!!

Top Bottom