Saskia Rant!

+
Saskia Rant!

Okay, so to start, I know I'm playing an OP netdeck here, so in all honesty thought I'd not bring it up, but figured I'm best of bringing it up.

So I played Saskia, mulligan 2 cards and just before I was to decide 2 new cards timer ran out and guess what? I ended up with -2 cards...

Guest 4021160

I took a train and forgot to touch in. Guess what i was checked by the staff. How dear they check my ticket this one time when I forgot. Bastards. Does it matter so much I was using seat for disabled ppl in the 1st class section of the train?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday an apple fell from the apple tree.I buried it in my garden.Then i cried for 1 min.Man i wont forget this moment .

Well, it was my own mess up, hence why I thought I'd not bring it up at first. But on a 2nd thought I was unsure if that was working as intended, hence why I did bring it up.

Sad part was that I was actually close to winning even after this blunder... really proves how balanced ST is atm xD

Let's not get sidetracked. I think the expectation was that when time is running out, two random cards would be drawn, when Gwent actually is not very consistent about what should happen there. Some instances, like waiting out the entire turn leads to a random card being discarded from you hand (btw.: where two additional random cards being added to the graveyard as a result?). Other times effects are proc'd at a random available target.

I baked a chicken last night and forgot to eat it and guess what? The chicken is now rotten! HOW COULD THEY!???

So funny that you guys are wasting so much time mocking the OP when you could be working out a play for this exploit.

Really proud that we have such an awesome community here.

RidiculousName;n9435491 said:
Not liking the direction this thread is going. Please try to stay on topic. Also, do not use the word "cancer" to refer to other players.

Awww...did you delete a post where I was getting flamed before I could see it? Those are my favorite though!

On topic:

As a non-ST player, I'm not entirely sure which Netdeck we are talking about, but I understand why the code might not make it resolve randomly. I can also see very few opportunities where a -2 CA play could possibly help you. So I'm not sure there is any real exploit here. Then again, I don't play Saskia, so I guess my question is, can you opt out of the mulligan ability? And just take the points on the board, say, if you had her in your hand but had no cards in your library?

pretty bad jokes on this post, and I feel you op several mulligan strats on the deck like saskia have to be done quickly, I have almost ran out of time several plays and it's only on this deck, but it's something I don't think should be addressed by the team since it's a bit insignificant Imo

frbfree;n9436011 said:
can you opt out of the mulligan ability?
Yes you can. The mulligan is optional.
I believe that what the OP stated is actually a bug. He mulliganed the cards already, so if the timer runs out it should pick 2 random cards to replace them. At least that's how usually things work in this game, when timer runs out before you can pick a choice presented to you, it's resolved randomly.

Mau_91;n9436541 said:
pretty bad jokes on this post, and I feel you op several mulligan strats on the deck like saskia have to be done quickly, I have almost ran out of time several plays and it's only on this deck, but it's something I don't think should be addressed by the team since it's a bit insignificant Imo

It's pretty much the OPs fault for that. You have 30 (or more?) seconds to decide and that's a long time actually. There's casual for a reason, so you can practice and learn things from there. No fixing needed. /thread.

Exoclyps;n9432791 said:
Okay, so to start, I know I'm playing an OP netdeck here, so in all honesty thought I'd not bring it up, but figured I'm best of bringing it up.

So I played Saskia, mulligan 2 cards and just before I was to decide 2 new cards timer ran out and guess what? I ended up with -2 cards...

Yup, tested and its bugged, no cards given

I'm sorry, but it's kinda funny. One of those moments where you trip over your own foot and on one hand, you're relieved no one saw you being absolutely redicoulous, and on the other hand you think: 'that could have had millions of views on YouTube!'​​​

fostdecile;n9436711 said:
It's pretty much the OPs fault for that. You have 30 (or more?) seconds to decide and that's a long time actually. There's casual for a reason, so you can practice and learn things from there. No fixing needed. /thread.

I guess CDPR should also not fix the problem where buffed units sometimes display completely different strength values than what they actually are. It's just the players fault for not tracking every units strength themselves.

Okay, while I did post it as a rant (kinda regret it) I wasn't really that upset about it, and the main reason I posted it was that I thought it couldn't be working as intended. Not sure what intended is though.

However this blunder kind of reinforced that mulligan is OP since even after losing two cards the game was close.

And I agree some nerfs are needed, I mean I'm purposely playing a deck I know is OP. Since I like elves and kinda don't wanna go against it, silly me xD

Now let's just laugh at the situation and hope they nerf the deck soon.

That sounds indeed inconsistant with what usually happens when the timer run out, so bug rather than feature here.

Top Bottom