Saskia should also count humans for her Cooldown (Poll)

+

Should Saskia also be enabled by human allies ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Bear with me here, lore wise it makes absolutely no sense for Saskia to push for a deck (or army) without humans.
Even holding Iorveth's describtion of her below her effect and her basicly being the utopla non-racist Scoia'tael like Iorveth wish for should include humans in the mix.
In The Witcher 2 the army Saskia (at least morally) leads also consists of farmers and other humans, along Dwarves and Elves, which means that her being supported by Dwarves, Elves and Dryads specifically, rather than the former 3, makes absolutely no sense.

One option of implementing this would be to either replace Dryad with Human or allow her to count for all 4, while not being reducable below a Cooldown of 1, which also increases consistency of pulling her of and thus we have more of an incentive to run utopia Scoia'tael, which the new Harmony keyword (which from what I understand includes Scoia'tael Humans) also pushes (and let us face it the only really interesting concept Scoia'tael currently have.

Her being a more consistent 9 provision 5 point unit, which can deal 2 damage each turn (especially without Zeal) is definitely fine and by no means overpowered, of course it does not play into pure Elve and pure Dwarf synergy and thus should have a higher powerlevel that Pavko Gale, which, mind you, is 1 provision lower and has no further restrictions.

At least to me her current form makes no sense and should be fixed in this way, let us face it, it is not like that would break the theme deck by any means.

Saskia don´t need humans, we will have a lot of Dryads soon :beer:
Btw, the Dryads tag is strange, i haven´t seen Dryads in TW2(Maybe she flees to the forest with the Dryadas after the fall of the Dwarf city?)

Last edited:
Saskia don´t need humans, we will have a lot of Dryads soon :beer:
Btw, the Dryads tag is strange, i haven´t seen Dryads in TW2(Maybe she flees to the forest with the Dryadas after the fall of the Dwarf city?)
Well, it is about staying true to lore and how Iorveth views her, taking into consideration she is not really a Scoiatael member.
Besides it would make sense for the upcoming Harmony theme.

Guest 4334474

All I know is Saskia definitely needs buffs / adjustments. I would really love to see her played more because she was such an interesting character in Witcher 2.

I have never seen her played once since I have been playing at the start of HC Gwent.

Far as Humans working for her, assuming she wasn't fundamentally changed mechanically, I'd say yes. Humans make sense + humans don't even have synergy in ST decks yet still so I mean.... please do.

I really rather her be some kind of transformation card though now that we got those in the upcoming expansion. Can trigger between Human / Dragon form with some kind of requirement adjustment.... maybe requiring a mage / sorceress on your side of the board or something?

Top Bottom