Savage Bear has Become too Strong?

+
I don't get it, it deals 1 damage. One. It's annoying, but for the whole round it deals less damage than a thunder or a scorch.
It's melee row only, use weather to cripple them, thunder, scorch, lock... There's absolutely nothing wrong with them imho.

TheShift;n8902940 said:
I used succubus to steal the bear .

Succubus is probably the card that pretty much f@ ups SK on this matchup.

Another fun thing to do is steal that juicy morkvag buffed by the wild boar at the end of R1. Some insta-forfeits right there.

Bugii;n8905030 said:
but for the whole round it deals less damage than a thunder or a scorch

For a scorch, MAYBE, depending on the situation, but scorch is an extremely potentially powerful silver, so thats not really a fair comparison.

For alzurs thunder... you joking right? Alzur have a 7 value. The bear body alone gives you 6. Bear usually will give you at least double the alzur's value.

Laveley;n8906710 said:
Succubus is probably the card that pretty much f@ ups SK on this matchup.

Another fun thing to do is steal that juicy morkvag buffed by the wild boar at the end of R1. Some insta-forfeits right there.

For a scorch, MAYBE, depending on the situation, but scorch is an extremely potentially powerful silver, so thats not really a fair comparison.

For alzurs thunder... you joking right? Alzur have a 7 value. The bear body alone gives you 6. Bear usually will give you at least double the alzur's value.

oh, right, I forgot to count the body. Sorry.

Is not overbuffed, it's doing the same but 6 strengh instead of 4, the problem is that consume become very popular and bear counter them. And with the nerf to CBH, savage bear become autoinclude in SK.

I just made a deck that's designed to interact with the opposing board, and it completely stomps on many of the popular new decks with the patch (bears included). People are playing a bunch of small "growing" cards, so if I just keep playing units that deal damage I deny them most of their value while constantly building my own board.

Savage Bear seems to be a little out of control right now. When every SK deck runs all 3,and everyone is playing SK for this card,that should start to tell you something.

I think that bear 6 is ok, we only need to change it to silver. if bear takes 1 silver slots and will be available only once w/o resurrection then it's perfectly OK, or even it may need buff to 7 or 8 ?

What is worst with current bear meta is fact that SK can use it like 6 times ? and each of them is around 12-15 value , even more vs consume decks, just by killings eggs they get 5 + 6 and deny monsters like 10 points. witch equals to 21 points play !!!

If we take into account that consume is other top tier deck, it can't be a wonder that we can see SK in over 50% of games.

Other possible solution would be that bear dmg itself every time it dmg s1 else.

I love me some bear skinned rugs.

they can be a big pain..especially in dual or trio form
if your lucky enough to have thunderbolt and igni ..
On the trio...it's a good time (did it once)
but normally (hopefuly) I have triss butterfly spell to help maintain some points

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Its just ridiculous.

Just keep the 6 but make it only hit units played from the hand.

SK has the synergies of resurrecting, self-wounding, offensive damaging. The most recent June-patch savage bear change is a failure. The previous bear fits into all three while the current bear does only one and does so in overpowered ways.

It is a bad card because
1. The bear with its power 6 (resilient to many removals and weather) becomes a machanic, uninteresting card to play for every SK decks every round. It hinders the diversity of SK faction and the player's interaction with the deck.
2. It hit all enemy units including spawned units make it a card too strong for bronze. Fire elemental(silver) and Woodland Spirit(gold) are very much shut downed by a bronze bear. Any other cards involving spawning are made less power by this bronze bear which is included in all SK deck.
3. The previous bear with 4 power can protect the graveyard by snipping NG medics or prevent mirror resurrect. It was a better situation because they counter each other. The bear protects graveyard and the NG has to deal with it (not so hard) before stealing anything and the SK can also counter the counter with 1 turn to re-act it. However, the current situation is that the graveyard of SK can be complete manipulated by NG medics which causes the SK players to abandon their graveyard buff synergy.

The savage bear needs to be tuned down. There needs to be a cost to run this crazy bronze 6 power bear. Reverting it to the previous version where it attacks both sides will be better than the current as it fits the self-wounding synergy while adding a good cost for running it in other SK synergies. Reducing its target range (like excluding summoned or spawned units) or changing its damage priority (like not damaging if locked first ) will make more sense and make other decks more playable (NR sergeant buff deck, Monster spawning and etc).

Savage Bear seems really really good to me. If you compare it to Reinforced Trebutchet its kind of a joke. The way it interacts against NR as well, with their buffing and fetching, is completely gross. I just feel like its easily 1 health too high.

caopengxjp;n8932740 said:
SK has the synergies of resurrecting, self-wounding, offensive damaging. The most recent June-patch savage bear change is a failure. The previous bear fits into all three while the current bear does only one and does so in overpowered ways.

It is a bad card because
1. The bear with its power 6 (resilient to many removals and weather) becomes a machanic, uninteresting card to play for every SK decks every round. It hinders the diversity of SK faction and the player's interaction with the deck.
2. It hit all enemy units including spawned units make it a card too strong for bronze. Fire elemental(silver) and Woodland Spirit(gold) are very much shut downed by a bronze bear. Any other cards involving spawning are made less power by this bronze bear which is included in all SK deck.
3. The previous bear with 4 power can protect the graveyard by snipping NG medics or prevent mirror resurrect. It was a better situation because they counter each other. The bear protects graveyard and the NG has to deal with it (not so hard) before stealing anything and the SK can also counter the counter with 1 turn to re-act it. However, the current situation is that the graveyard of SK can be complete manipulated by NG medics which causes the SK players to abandon their graveyard buff synergy.

The savage bear needs to be tuned down. There needs to be a cost to run this crazy bronze 6 power bear. Reverting it to the previous version where it attacks both sides will be better than the current as it fits the self-wounding synergy while adding a good cost for running it in other SK synergies. Reducing its target range (like excluding summoned or spawned units) or changing its damage priority (like not damaging if locked first ) will make more sense and make other decks more playable (NR sergeant buff deck, Monster spawning and etc).

I agree that it needs some tuning.Especially regarding the damage priority towards Kaedwani sergeant+Blue stripes commando .

All this noise about a Bear that can be easily removed or locked or banished or stealed.. It's ridiculous. It barely scratch most of the units and it's nothing compared to most of the really unfair things that we encountered and endured since the start of the closed beta. It seems to me that the only thing every multiplayer game needs are three huge buttons: I Win, You Lose and Forfeit (and microtransactions, emoticons, chat, fancy graphics and a poorly thinked UI of course) :).
The Bear needs fixes not because it's overpowered but because of some wrong interactions it has (hits after being locked and from the grave).

caopengxjp;n8932740 said:

Dont forget about c. harpies too. A single bear nullifies it the most core consume card available.

I think it would be more reasonable if it was a 5 power card and didn't trigger when locked. This would give it a few more counters and make said counters more reasonable at.... countering it. It's a strong bronze, sure. I just find the complaints a bit over the top. It isn't the only bronze card in-game that could justifiably be tuned down a notch either.

I don't know if it's the bear only but SK has too many strong cards with great synergies and value for little investment. CD PJ should work on other faction synergies so they can compete. ST for example has no synergies atm. NR combos (trio or machine) are interesting but too slow to place.
My idea if they wanna nerf the bear is to give him the "doomed" tag so that it can't be ressurected. One already spend a lot of ressources to kill him (and there are 3 like him in the deck) but it is just impossible to win if your opponent keeps on resurrecting them...
Or maybe it should be a silver. There are many gold cards effect that are weaker than this simple bronze. It's a problem imo.

Quintino77;n8934010 said:
All this noise about a Bear that can be easily removed or locked or banished or stealed.. It's ridiculous. It barely scratch most of the units and it's nothing compared to most of the really unfair things that we encountered and endured since the start of the closed beta. It seems to me that the only thing every multiplayer game needs are three huge buttons: I Win, You Lose and Forfeit (and microtransactions, emoticons, chat, fancy graphics and a poorly thinked UI of course) :).
The Bear needs fixes not because it's overpowered but because of some wrong interactions it has (hits after being locked and from the grave).
6 power is ridicolous. It should've been kept at 5 as it was in the ptr. I expect a nerf in the next patch.

I've been thinking of 2 small nerfs that could help reduce the power o that bear without killing it:
1/ Make it versatile but hit spawning units on only 1 row
2/ Give him a "doomed" tag so it can't be resurrected. It's already hard to remove it and win the game. If your opponent can resurrect it so easily, it's almost a sure game over
I think this would keep it playable but lower its value to the one he should have as a bronze. What do you think?

Top Bottom