Save A Life: Amazingly talented Naughty Dog replica creator needs our help (From Neogaf)

+
Save A Life: Amazingly talented Naughty Dog replica creator needs our help (From Neogaf)

This comes directly from poster Kubus from Neogaf and i quoted, check the original link at the end for more details and pictures.

If you can't donate, then please just leave a message for David here, he checks this thread.
It will also help keep this thread on top so other people can more easily see it, bringing in more donations. You can help without donating!

David Vigil, otherwise known as "That Vigilante" is suffering from Stage 2 Pancreatic cancer. Last year, David was also fighting for his life because of cancer, but with the help of some very generous people and the massive spread of word on twitter and such, enough money was raised to save him. Unfortunately, during a simple check-up, they found out that the cancer has spread and David is now in an even worse state than before. If David wants to get treated, he needs $48,000 before November 18th November 21st, which is a hell of a goal.

(Edit: Deadline has been pushed back in hopes of still reaching the goal (we're SO close!). Please help make this miracle occur! Even with just 38k out of 47k David is guaranteed of getting surgery, and we're only around 7k short of reaching that!!)

The guys and gals at Naughty Dog helped him tremedously last year through twitter (I remember Amy Hennig frantically rallying everyone to donate, and personally thanking everyone who did). His name also appears in the Last of Us in the form of a collectible Firefly pendant, in case his name rings a bell.

David makes amazing collectible merchandise inspired by Naughty Dog games and his work has been featured on Kotaku, among other sites. He's made multiple watches from Uncharted (did you know Drake wears a different one in each game?), Drake's leather gun holster, his belt buckle, Ellie and Joel's backpacks, a Clicker pencil holder, and more.

Some examples of his work:

It would be such a shame if this world would lose a talent like David.

If you have some money to spare and want to help, you can go to:

- His GoFundMe page and donate, or
- Go to his website and order any of his products (all the money will go directly towards funding David's treatment) as he has them in stock and can be shipped starting January.

Donations on the GoFundMe page can be made with creditcard or bank. You can also donate with Paypal by donating through the website, choosing the "Donation for David" product!

USE CODE "FREESHIP001" FOR FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!!!

Let's help this guy see Naughty Dog's first next-gen game, guys. It would break my heart if he didn't live to see it :(. I don't know a bigger ND fan than David.

Thanks for your time! And if you can't donate, please keep him in your prayers.

Originally Posted by Duane Cunningham

Copy/pasting what I just posted in the other thread for Ana Kessel:

This is a key time to keep this visible. Most users ever online was 73,119, Today at 03:29 PM, just over an hour ago. If 70,000 people each threw say $5 at this and $5 at the other one, they'd each have $350,000 to work with. This is a time when a lot of us are dropping hundreds of dollars over the weekend in the coming weeks. If everybody just tosses in $5 or 10 or 20 if that's what you can afford, the problem gets solved in a huge way. Well, the closest we can come to solving it, anyway.
Come on GAF, let's do this!

Sites that have reported on this so far:
Hardcoregamer, Playereffort, n4g, Kotaku. Know more? Let me know. Also, please mail and tweet editors from gaming outlets that you know can help! Use this post to get a templatefor your emails.

(To people outside of NeoGAF: if you feel the need to contact me about this, I'm at twitter under the username kubuskwal)

You can check out this link for the original post on Neogaf for more details.

This Witcher forum is one of the best forums I know, please if you can help please do, he only has 2 days left.

Best regards,

LFB

There is something very wrong with the system, if sick people need to rely on donations from private persons in order to get medical treatment.

Kindo said:
There is something very wrong with the system, if sick people need to rely on donations from private persons in order to get medical treatment.

Yes indeed, the thought that without the money sick people will be left to die just sickens me to no ends!

I am upping this as only in 3 hours the deadline will be reached, if you can help, this is the last chance.
Thank you all :)

Kindo said:

This is true; I'll say no more, because I'd have to ban myself for saying what I think of the system. Get well, David.

GuyN said:
This is true; I'll say no more, because I'd have to ban myself for saying what I think of the system. Get well, David.

Well, then say what's on your mind and ban me, I'll take the blame to hear what you have to say :)

Those who have helped so far, I thank you, you are the most amazing human being on earth.
This is the new update from the one who is responsible for taking care of this fund raising:
New Update from Jackson...
First off I just want to thank you all for the amazing amount of support we've received from the beginning to where we are now with this fundraiser!

The funds we've been able to raise are enough to get David the surgery he needs! We will be updating everyone soon with more details as they come in but the fight is not over yet!

The remaining amount we need to reach our goal is very important. It will cover all of David's after care needs such as follow-up appointments, medication, his nutritional needs as well as any treatments he still might need in the future.

We've decided to leave the fundraiser open until we're able to reach our goal! Again for those that are not able to help with money, you can really help with your words. Get this message out to all of those that haven't heard about our cause yet and let's get this goal reached!

You can also help by buying any merchandise that is currently for sale at ThatVigilante.com

Our free shipping code is still active: FREESHIP001

All the money raised from the website will added to our overall goal frequently.

You're all an inspiration and again we thank each and every one of you that have helped out!

Jackson

LordFuzzyButt said:
Those who have helped so far, I thank you, you are the most amazing human being on earth.
This is the new update from the one who is responsible for taking care of this fund raising:

I will try my best to tell others, I hope it will all work out for the guy.

Kindo said:
Yeah you said it mate.

I mean, as a human being, how the fuck do you justify your existence within a society that doesn't give a shit about each other. Is your new graphics card, movie ticket, skateboard, whatever, really worth it when a piece of that money could've saved someone's fucking life.

Ugh. I'm just so sad. To think there are countries without universal healthcare. It should be a given for fuck sake. Anyway.

Kindo said:
Thanks King, you are awesome :)
To see how passionate you are about helping this dude, it's inspiring. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with your positive energy. I'm thinking of buying something from him myself. That's some high quality shit he's got right there.

I hope everything works out for him.

FoggyFishburne said:
Ugh. I'm just so sad. To think there are countries without universal healthcare. It should be a given for fuck sake.
I'm not too sure it would work out the same way in the U.S. as it does in Sweden. Our health care is getting worse, to boot. But let's not get into politics.

It's a shame what's happened to him. Pancreatic cancer is pretty brutal, I hear. I'm puzzled though as to how an American would dare to be without insurance. Is insurance very expensive? Can an American shed light on this?

Elida said:
I'm not too sure it would work out the same way in the U.S. as it does in Sweden. Our health care is getting worse, to boot. But let's not get into politics.

It's a shame what's happened to him. Pancreatic cancer is pretty brutal, I hear. I'm puzzled though as to how an American would dare to be without insurance. Is insurance very expensive? Can an American shed light on this?

Sometimes it's not so much daring to be without insurance as it's impossible to obtain insurance at any price. Unless you have group insurance (usually through an employer, sometimes through a trade association), insurance carriers will reject applications for individual policies or even void policies already issued on the slighest pretext. This is hell on freelance artists like David.

And you're right, pancreatic cancer is the most lethal of all diseases. "Brutal" is an understatement. He needs good doctors and either good luck or an answered prayer.

GuyN said:
Sometimes it's not so much daring to be without insurance as it's impossible to obtain insurance at any price. Unless you have group insurance (usually through an employer, sometimes through a trade association), insurance carriers will reject applications for individual policies or even void policies already issued on the slighest pretext. This is hell on freelance artists like David.

And you're right, pancreatic cancer is the most lethal of all diseases. "Brutal" is an understatement. He needs good doctors and either good luck or an answered prayer.
I see. Thank you for explaining. I didn't know it was difficult to get insurance in the U.S. It's even worse than I thought, then.

I hope things will turn out for the best for him. The cost for surgery has already been covered, so what's left to pay for is the care afterwards. It's sad to think of all the people in the world who would need help to pay their hospital bills. He is lucky in that regard.

FoggyFishburne said:
To see how passionate you are about helping this dude, it's inspiring. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with your positive energy. I'm thinking of buying something from him myself. That's some high quality shit he's got right there.I hope everything works out for him.

I love helping others whenever it is within my power. I am going through some rough shit and helping others is the only way I know how to keep myself positive and stay sane. I am leaving my place soon so there's no way the shipping can reach me in time or else I would have bought something, his crafts look wonderful.

FoggyFishburne said:
Sometimes it's not so much daring to be without insurance as it's impossible to obtain insurance at any price. Unless you have group insurance (usually through an employer, sometimes through a trade association), insurance carriers will reject applications for individual policies or even void policies already issued on the slighest pretext. This is hell on freelance artists like David.And you're right, pancreatic cancer is the most lethal of all diseases. "Brutal" is an understatement. He needs good doctors and either good luck or an answered prayer.

Thanks for shedding some light on this Guy, it is just so fucked up is what it is if an individual can't get an insurance :/

Top Bottom