Save files are corrupted

+
Basically the game keeps receipts. So if you sell something you got money for that and it accounts for how you got that money. Or if you destroy something it keeps track that you destroyed something and what you destroyed in order to get that something in return. Basically rather than having a clean slate every single time you load in it just keeps printing receipts.

Gotcha. So essentially a player who only loots/sells and does zero crafting(but upgrades minimally) would take a long, long time to hit that 8MB wall?

I'm asking because I'm on console and with 8MB bug not really confirmed or not on console, I'm worried. I've done no crafting, minimal upgrading, mapnfully explored. Still got some side missions and gigs to do. But main story wise I'm at the point of no return. And my save is 5.1MB. And again, with this 8MB bug nit realy known on console I'd like to play unstressed about if my game is gonna go belly up.

Gotcha. So essentially a player who only loots/sells and does zero crafting(but upgrades minimally) would take a long, long time to hit that 8MB wall?

I'm asking because I'm on console and with 8MB bug not really confirmed or not on console, I'm worried. I've done no crafting, minimal upgrading, mapnfully explored. Still got some side missions and gigs to do. But main story wise I'm at the point of no return. And my save is 5.1MB. And again, with this 8MB bug nit realy known on console I'd like to play unstressed about if my game is gonna go belly up.
At this point in time with what has been reported so far, if that happened to you, you can at least take pride in knowing you were the first. Play on my friend, and be excellent to each other.
Post automatically merged:

I'm making grenades right now as I'm typing this. Crafting is extremely tedious. I'm sure crafting and then destroying purple grenades might seem like an exploit, but just to get one purple mat, you need to click and hold hundreds of times if you were to convert materials as the game intended, and costs bloat way too much even if you spec heavy into crafting.
Just a quick update I'm about 2,000 grenades in.

Edit: Taking a break now. 2644 grenades. Now imagine if I was trying to upgrade to purple mats? I'd only have like, 2 after 2+ hours of pressing a button.

Last edited:
So regarding the damaged save data issue/ 8MB limit, and the 1.06 fix, I'd like to clarify a bit:
  • For now we only addressed the limit, as it was the safest thing to do just before Christmas holiday. We'll continue working on improving saving in the new year.
  • Hitting the 8MB limit was actually not easy at all. E.g. in one of our tests 4355 weapons & 30000 kg load were needed in the inventory to bloat a normal save this way.
  • So how does it happen? Our investigation points to crafting large numbers of items (going well into tens of thousands). The modifier indicating if an item is crafted will keep being added to item type in the StatsSystem save node, gradually accumulating space in the save file. We are working on addressing this but still, hitting these numbers is not easy at all during a normal playthrough, gets easier though if one were to e.g. use a duplication glitch or a mod making crafting instant.
  • To my knowledge we had no reports of exactly this issue happening on consoles, and it would be risky to deploy a just in case fix before Christmas.
And having said that, Happy Holidays, all, see you next year!

So bullet point 3 is in line with what we were suspecting, but also in line with what we were starting to scratch the surface on with the LZ4 compression, as the StatsSystem seemed to be extremely inflated in larger save files, as Zao.540 discovered.

While I know your default response to this question will be "No, save files previously corrupted are not recoverable", we had a user report, the day of the 1.06 patch, that he was able to recover a corrupted save file by opening it up with a save game editor and deleting content from the "ItemDropStoreManager" node. He wasn't clear on how he got the ENOD end of file marker back, maybe the save game editor added it.

Can you clarify what exactly the ItemDropStoreManager node keeps track of?

At this point in time with what has been reported so far, if that happened to you, you can at least take pride in knowing you were the first. Play on my friend, and be excellent to each other.

I must admit I laughed pretty good at you saying to take pride in being the first, lol. I'll take that as your way of saying "it's pretty much next to impossible it will happen" to me lol.

I must admit I laughed pretty good at you saying to take pride in being the first, lol. I'll take that as your way of saying "it's pretty much next to impossible it will happen" to me lol.
Yes, stop worrying mate! Think about it like this. Before any major game event create a manual save. IF and I repeat IF there is a save issue on console we have learned upping the save file size fixes it. So if you get a corrupted save you can easily just load the previous one before the currupted one after a fix is implented. This is nothing to worry about! Happy Holodays! :)

... we had a user report, the day of the 1.06 patch, that he was able to recover a corrupted save file by opening it up with a save game editor and deleting content from the "ItemDropStoreManager" node. He wasn't clear on how he got the ENOD end of file marker back, maybe the save game editor added it.

If it was the one in comment #1093 the purported "original" file is smaller than 8 MiB, but might of course have had some other problem.

Yes, stop worrying mate! Think about it like this. Before any major game event create a manual save. IF and I repeat IF there is a save issue on console we have learned upping the save file size fixes it. So if you get a corrupted save you can easily just load the previous one before the currupted one after a fix is implented. This is nothing to worry about! Happy Holodays! :)

This is my plan going forward. My main goal is just hitting Level 50 lol. I'm Level 36, Street Cred 50. If I can hit 50 then I'm just gonna goof around and free roam when I play. Ill worry about gigs n side quests later lol.

we had a user report, the day of the 1.06 patch, that he was able to recover a corrupted save file by opening it up with a save game editor and deleting content from the "ItemDropStoreManager" node. He wasn't clear on how he got the ENOD end of file marker back, maybe the save game editor added it.
Sarosh_Shakeel used the wrong savefile. ManualSave-99 was just an illustration of the savefile's size decrease after crafting (a lot of legendary katanas).

Can you post a photo or a screenshot of the error message of your ps4? this is huge, this will put to rest most of the misinformation claiming this just happens on PC when obviously CDPR didn't make 3 different methos of saving, one for each console, obviously not, this error has to be across the board.

Ok
7181295F-DC1E-425C-8545-7873DC11137B.jpeg

Above 14MB you'll get a black screen again, the files seem to be in order but the game won't load.
So better check that again.

How're you getting to 14M when 8M itself was supposed to be difficult to get to without modding/cheating? And if you're doing the latter, you don't really have room to complain when it breaks. ;)

See:
So regarding the damaged save data issue/ 8MB limit, and the 1.06 fix, I'd like to clarify a bit:
  • For now we only addressed the limit, as it was the safest thing to do just before Christmas holiday. We'll continue working on improving saving in the new year.
  • Hitting the 8MB limit was actually not easy at all. E.g. in one of our tests 4355 weapons & 30000 kg load were needed in the inventory to bloat a normal save this way.
  • So how does it happen? Our investigation points to crafting large numbers of items (going well into tens of thousands). The modifier indicating if an item is crafted will keep being added to item type in the StatsSystem save node, gradually accumulating space in the save file. We are working on addressing this but still, hitting these numbers is not easy at all during a normal playthrough, gets easier though if one were to e.g. use a duplication glitch or a mod making crafting instant.
  • To my knowledge we had no reports of exactly this issue happening on consoles, and it would be risky to deploy a just in case fix before Christmas.

They only stated the 8M limit was removed, they didn't say whether or not they put in a higher limit (e.g. 14M). Implied is that there is no limit now, but you know what they say about assuming. ;)

The thing I don't get. Why is save 7 corrupted. When you've played and saved past it. That means the file got corrupted while not playing it?

How're you getting to 14M when 8M itself was supposed to be difficult to get to without modding/cheating? And if you're doing the latter, you don't really have room to complain when it breaks. ;)
Crafting.... The game saves every item you've crafted into the save file even when they are disassembled/sold/dropped this includes upgrades.

For upgrades you essentially have to craft 1000's and 1000's of med/nades to get enough components to upgrade your gear since after a few upgrades you need a few 1000's of parts to continue to upgrade as the upgrade costs grow exponentially.

As far as the rest of your statement goes that reply was a reply directly asking if you can have saves over 100MB now..

The save system in this game is retarded, stop excusing poor design.

Hello, i cant load my last saved games.
I dont have the saved game folder in my user profile so i cant back up anything i found it it was in french :p and here is what i got:

Am i fucked guys?

Thanks
Cyberpunk2077_bgvgFPnaxb.png

Edit: welle after checking my manualsave7 is 15.5MB so i guess i am. And i dont played previous saves so i dont know why they got destroyed too.
I didnt put attention on i since i though the problem was solved...

Last edited:

I thought so! I wasn't even getting close to that! Thank you for doing something about it though, hope you had a good Christmas/holidays. :)

Well, you put a bandage on the gunshot wound. Fixed nothing.

Save file is still bloating, gathering more and more data. The game is loading slower and slower.

10 days since the last patch.

Let's start betting when the game starts to break for people (more than it is already broken).

Well, you put a bandage on the gunshot wound. Fixed nothing.

Save file is still bloating, gathering more and more data. The game is loading slower and slower.

10 days since the last patch.

Let's start betting when the game starts to break for people (more than it is already broken).
Dont want to play anymore since my save went down...
Started another char with different background but since i know it doesnt change anything to the game...feel a little bit sad atm
I dont know why they cant hotfix this

It was mentioned: "For now we only addressed the limit, as it was the safest thing to do just before Christmas holiday. We'll continue working on improving saving in the new year."

Makes sense, since they will be going on Christmas holiday that they can't really address the save bloating and other such save related things just yet, because if it caused more damage they wouldn't be able to fix it right away and having more of us having corrupted saves. It sucks, I know. But it is January already, so they should be looking into it more.

Top Bottom