Save import - does it use more then the simulated state?

+
Save import - does it use more then the simulated state?

I wonder, does importing a save change more then 'only' simulating a game state does? As far as I notice so far, there's at least no change in the amount of orens and XP at the start... does it change quests on more then only the 4 in the simulated state though?

Nope it doesn't. I've been saying for sometime that the best option is just to do the interview questions. Unless you want that awful tattoo from W2.

Importing a savegame changes more than answering the questions, like giving you the tattoo. There are also further smaller changes, but the big decisions that can be imported are all covered with the questions already.

It appears regardless, since Radovid is still not a fan of sorceresses and sorcerers after Loc Muinne.

I guess the bonus is I didn't have to see Sorceresses getting killed and raped all over the place in W2 then. Still totally worth it.

It appears regardless, since Radovid is still not a fan of sorceresses and sorcerers after Loc Muinne.

I saw thaler in the trailer, does not importing the save remove access to him? I am not sure you could kill him in the witcher 1. Now I kind of feel bad that I didn't import my save game.

I´m glad to hear that the witch hunt happens even if I saved Triss, I just got the point of realizing there´s a witch hunt going on and I was pretty sure I clicked on saved Triss option so I thought it might have bugged.

Anyways, makes me wonder, is there any difference to the world or does it not matter whether you select Triss or Saskia/Anais? (No spoilers please! : ) Just say yes or no).

what about Siegfried and the Order of the flaming rose ? haven't seen single knight even though its supposed to be under Redanian protection

Pfft hahaha I saw De Wett slash Thaler down and then he shows up like 'ayyyy lmao'.

What can I expect though. Man Witcher 3 is a 10/10 but CDPR gave a big 'FUCK YOU!' to anyone who played Witcher 1+2.

Oh yeah, TW1 stuff seems to be 100% useless. I doubt anything from that game carried over to TW3. Not even the biggest choices.

Wait so what is the point of saving Triss in Loc Muine if the witch hunts against the mages start anyway ? What is the difference ? Can someone enlighten me ?I am curious because in my primary playthrough for AoK, I took Roche's path, had Roche kill Henselt, rescued Triss and sent Roche on his own to rescue Anais.

Wait so what is the point of saving Triss in Loc Muine if the witch hunts against the mages start anyway ? What is the difference ? Can someone enlighten me ?I am curious because in my primary playthrough for AoK, I took Roche's path, had Roche kill Henselt, rescued Triss and sent Roche on his own to rescue Anais.

It doesn't, none of it matters. The Anais choice is entirely overlooked - I can't recall her being mentioned once, I gave her to Radovid. If you give her to John Natalis I guess she dies.

Has anyone started keeping track of the small choices or references that are included in the save import? For instance, can you ask the doctor about Shani if you don't import a save from TW1? I am curious what these small import details are.

None of the games are canon though so suddenly pandering to book fans and making a sequel to them instead of the games was a silly move
I disagree, I think it's a good move. And I didn't say The WItcher 3 is canon, they have changed many things. The entire reason for the Wild Hunt and the White Frost for example are different in the books, but it's still much closer to the book.

Has anyone started keeping track of the small choices or references that are included in the save import? For instance, can you ask the doctor about Shani if you don't import a save from TW1? I am curious what these small import details are.

I've only played TW2 and I was able to ask him about Shani, so I assume the save import doesn't matter here.

Top Bottom