Save Scumming Revealed Poor Game Design

+
Patch 1.1 has removed save scumming to reroll randomized loot. The mere fact that many players were practicing save scumming just shows how poorly the game was designed in the first place.

• Save Scumming for Mod slots or to reroll gear to increase the rarity revealed the lazy way they implemented loot randomization
  • Save Scumming during crafting reveals the poorly designed randomization of weapon statistics
  • Save scumming (or multiple resting) to reset vendor inventories shows the problem with even having unreliable randomized vendor inventories.

If they think that the randomized nature of loot and crafting provides an element of game balance that anyone thinks is a good thing, then they clearly don't understand the minds of gamers. This leads to two possible reasons:
  1. They did it to save time in development
  2. Someone of some authority has forced them to implement it because they think it is a good idea and no one can change their mind.

This game would be greatly improved if loot randomization was removed. All items should have a fixed rarity and that rarity should have a fixed number of mod slots. Crafted gear should have a fixed stat profile. Another idea would be a method to upgrade gear to raise its rarity and subsequently its number of mod slots so that someone can use whatever item they think makes them look cool. This would mean that players who invest into other skill trees don't have to miss out on iconic weapons late in the game.

People like choice in their characters. They like to choose the items they use and the weapons they wield. They also like to PLAN out their character.
They should just leave RNG to white>blue items and keep Iconic and leggendaries as fixed stats.

Regardless of the game type, the fact that someone could have a different game experience than another in an inequitable way feels inherently unfair to many people. Looting a cool looking legendary jacket with 0 slots seems an unfair system when someone else who looted it with 4 slots can freely enjoy using it

Little information: We just found out. EVERYONE GIVES THE EXACT SAME LOOT MOMENTALLY. Even installed with the same MODS.

Look ITS NOT THAT HARD... Legendary 3-4... We dont have THEM a lot...epic 2-3..rare 1-2... Let THEM be static but come ON....it needs order but i dont think CD project knows THAT word anymore.

So then the argument "its a looter shooter" shouldn't be applicable
Why would a game being more than one genre mean that arguments to take out elements fundamental to the genres it is aren't suddenly stupid or being made in bad faith? If you argue that a puzzle platformer shouldn't have platforming, you are making a bad argument, doesn't matter that platforming has nothing to do with puzzles.

Cyberpunk 2077 needs a less annoying upgrade system one thats not restrained by Perks/Skills the Upgrade system should have been simple find a weapon/clothing and you just upgrade it completely lvl and all.

It has been confirmed and tested that items are now static. The corpo pants for example are the same no matter what character you loot them on. This means that everyone will eventually discover what combination of set items constitute the best gear from a mod slot perspective.

It has been confirmed and tested that items are now static. The corpo pants for example are the same no matter what character you loot them on. This means that everyone will eventually discover what combination of set items constitute the best gear from a mod slot perspective.
This is why I hate this loot system the Upgrade system could have solved this by ounce you upgrade an item to Legendary it would have the max # of mod slots available for that piece of clothing/weapon.

So someone made a post that the random seed on legendary loot was removed, so now everything is static.
So went and checked, spawned across the map, reloaded saves, did missions and came back. Seed stayed the same.
Only time the item changed was when you forced a spawn with the console.
Which means you can't reload a save for more slots, or a different roll on the item, or a different rarity in some cases.
So if you come across a legendary item with only one slot, it's stuck with one slot.

This applies to those legendary set items that spawn in the world at specific locations, no matter what the moment you start the game the stats are set in stone.
Haven't seen it it applies to anything else, would be even more disappointing if it did.

It's bad enough you did this in the first place, even worse that you did it without telling anyone in the patch notes. How many more ninja changes are we going to discover over the next few days?

What gives? was this an intentional change or did you screw something up?

Last edited:
Seriously. If the item stats had been static from the get-go I wouldn't have minded. It would have been the way it is.
Now it is not only a downgrade for everyone who didn't loot everything and abuse the hell out of their load button before a patch which had nothing about it mentioned in its Patch Notes, it's also a source of insecurity what might be ninja patched next and not adressed by the developers at all.

It has been confirmed that the loot is the same across different characters
Seriously. If the item stats had been static from the get-go I wouldn't have minded. It would have been the way it is.
Now it is not only a downgrade for everyone who didn't loot everything and abuse the hell out of their load button before a patch which had nothing about it mentioned in its Patch Notes, it's also a source of insecurity what might be ninja patched next and not adressed by the developers at all.
Good point. CDPR really needs to be communicating with the gamers about these changes

I dont think so...it got that way because of console optimization...its less taxing on the hardware if the loot is static and not random generated...

I was reloading my save to craft the legendary version of the gold-plated baseball bat until I got the more desirable stats and that worked just fine. Are we talking only loot from boxes or dropped off enemies?

That is why i always wait and dont update my games that fast. I am on my 2nd character, i will loot everything and then update my game.

I don't think people should get used to game breaking unintended game dynamics because the game was unfinished when it launched. Clearly the devs didn't intend loot to be the way it was at launch.

I was reloading my save to craft the legendary version of the gold-plated baseball bat until I got the more desirable stats and that worked just fine. Are we talking only loot from boxes or dropped off enemies?
correct, you can no longer reroll boxes or enemies. I have tried with my level 50 characters and my level 28 I was currently working until 1.1 and it no longer functions like before.

It could be a intentional fix and it couldn't.

If it's intentional then they should've tbh put it in the patch notes and atleast held of until they had something else ready to roll out with it like say mod slots you could buy of vendors to insert into clothing of your choice, ppl save scumming for a couple of mod slots was no big deal especially compared to the rampant duplication or eddie glitches easily available that imo should've took precedent over this, but then maybe this was just easy to solve compared to them, still patch notes are there for a reason, for them to convey the changes and for us to learn of them.

If slots are the same for all people for legendary items then we have a fixed number of mod slots to play with.. it will make which mods to slot, say crit and armour more of a balance decision. Hopefully this will stop the game from becoming too easy too quickly and you no longer have a reason to save scum (save scum is shit gameplay anyway)

1611447612120.png

If slots are the same for all people for legendary items then we have a fixed number of mod slots to play with.. it will make which mods to slot, say crit and armour more of a balance decision. Hopefully this will stop the game from becoming too easy too quickly and you no longer have a reason to save scum (save scum is shit gameplay anyway)

View attachment 11153618
If that is true, then it is f****d up decision. It is not random dropping anymore.

Top Bottom