Save Scumming Revealed Poor Game Design

+
There was a place in RDR2, in the outskirts of a town, where you could get every horse after reloading.
So I, not stupid, reloadreloadreload: every time the same f* horse. Google, they fixed it.
:giveup:
I bought the game 4 weeks after release and the website I read with this fabulous hint, was from the first 1-2 weeks or even days after release. Then came a hotfix....
So I have to throw Arthur in warm furyclothes and made the cowboy-stunt with lasso and falling down the mountains, to get the white arabwhatever. Wasn't that easy rolling over the snow with the stupid horse, but hey: handmade. At the end human dominates.
tl;dr: It was never intended that you can get every horse so easy. :shrug:

Reminder: If reloading gives you a bonus, makes something easier, cheaper it is never intented. Just be happy that they're fixing bugs :giggle: . It should be respected. Or: Don't be a crybaby....

Serious question though, and I get its a single player game and all but I am curious, why bother to play a game in the first place if you are just going to cheat your way through it? And why waste time save scuming when you could just use the console or edited your save file.

Well, I guess the thought is either "Well, very many people got this with four slots, why shouldn't I?" or "I like the way this thing looks and I'm playing ultra hard and don't want to be gimped for cosmetic purposes, especially on a character I can't even see."

Can someone confirm . if you reach level 50 . clothing stores will start selling legendary clothing ? or anything will change if you reach level 50 ??

Well, I guess the thought is either "Well, very many people got this with four slots, why shouldn't I?" or "I like the way this thing looks and I'm playing ultra hard and don't want to be gimped for cosmetic purposes, especially on a character I can't even see."

I can understand that point of view. Thanks :)

Can someone confirm . if you reach level 50 . clothing stores will start selling legendary clothing ? or anything will change if you reach level 50 ??

I haven't been to every single clothing store since reaching lv 50 and I can't recall, I do know that at least with legendary weapons that are sold in stores stats go up as you level up, along with the price, so they would be better when you buy them at level 50 then say the one you bought at level 40. I would assume that same would apply to clothing as well if they sell them but I can't confirm if the clothing stores sell any.

I can understand that point of view. Thanks :)

I haven't been to every single clothing store since reaching lv 50 and I can't recall, I do know that at least with legendary weapons that are sold in stores stats go up as you level up, along with the price, so they would be better when you buy them at level 50 then say the one you bought at level 40. I would assume that same would apply to clothing as well if they sell them but I can't confirm if the clothing stores sell any.
can you check ? clothing stores if they sell legendary clothing for you ?

can you check ? clothing stores if they sell legendary clothing for you ?

I am not playing at the moment sorry. Though I would assume if they did sell them you wouldn't have to wait tell level 50 to see them in the stores unless the where special or something since it doesn't work that way for legendary weapons. I do know that you can get some sweet Legendary Clothing BPs from the clothing stores though. Crafted stuff is way better then loot or anything from stores anyway.

b
I don't think anyone really "cares" if anyone saves scums. It just really funny, in my opinion, to see people lose their minds cause they can't anymore, in this case.

Serious question though, and I get its a single player game and all but I am curious, why bother to play a game in the first place if you are just going to cheat your way through it? And why waste time save scuming when you could just use the console or edited your save file?
save scumming is still within the bounds of the game design, and requires no outside tools. Full slots isn't really cheating either, its in the game. Its just luck based, many people like to work around luck. I do think tho, Its not supposed to be so easy for low levels but then again I doubt its supposed to be that hard at high level.

enemies hit pretty hard at 50, I think they expect you to have armadillos. But the slot design is bad anyway. it basically is the main reason you can't play for fashion, you could, probably spend a ton on upgrading some piece you really like, but you can never add slots.

anyhow, might be a bug, or they had no choice, because items in the world not scaling as the player levels is pretty bad. people play the game open world, so they could be in most areas at a wide range of levels.
Post automatically merged:

I am not playing at the moment sorry. Though I would assume if they did sell them you wouldn't have to wait tell level 50 to see them in the stores unless the where special or something since it doesn't work that way for legendary weapons. I do know that you can get some sweet Legendary Clothing BPs from the clothing stores though. Crafted stuff is way better then loot or anything from stores anyway.

crafted stuff has same potential as loot. main good part about crafting is easly slots, and rerolls

Nope, Epic is max. There's 3 stores at city center that sells crafting spec for legendary clothing, costing about 20k each. Each store have about 5 legendary spec, but its random. Sometimes this store sell all 5 of it and sometimes only 1, and what worse is if you already speak to the vendor, after 24 hours they will never sell all those legendary crafting spec anymore because of bug.

Some people will save game before meeting these vendors and will reload it again if the vendor doesn't sell what they wanted, most of it are ugly... What drop around the map looks far more better and stylish. Like Fixer set, Solo set, Nomad set, Rocker set and Corpo set. All of these are legendary that drop all over the map, this will give some player a reason to play for their next play through to collect the best gear. It would be meanigless if some of it are legendary with no mod slot.

crafted stuff has same potential as loot. main good part about crafting is easly slots, and rerolls

Not saying its not possible but I personally have never looted a sniper rifle that could headshot for over 655k nor have I ever looted a AR that could head shot for over 200k while silenced. I have also never loot any clothing item that was better then what I can craft either. Now I do understand this is not the case for those that don't do the crafting and really rely on looted/store items but crafted vs looted there is no contest crafting wins 100% of the time simply because looted item stats even before the changes in the patch where only influenced by your character's level. Not so with crafted items, there is simple no way for a looted/store item to ever be better then a crafted equivalent. Its the main reason the stores are pretty much useless as is except for buying BPs.

Last edited:
Nope, Epic is max. There's 3 stores at city center that sells crafting spec for legendary clothing, costing about 20k each. Each store have about 5 legendary spec, but its random. Sometimes this store sell all 5 of it and sometimes only 1, and what worse is if you already speak to the vendor, after 24 hours they will never sell all those legendary crafting spec anymore because of bug.

Some people will save game before meeting these vendors and will reload it again if the vendor doesn't sell what they wanted, most of it are ugly... What drop around the map looks far more better and stylish. Like Fixer set, Solo set, Nomad set, Rocker set and Corpo set. All of these are legendary that drop all over the map, this will give some player a reason to play for their next play through to collect the best gear. It would be meanigless if some of it are legendary with no mod slot.

"There's 3 stores at city center that sells crafting spec for legendary clothing, costing about 20k each. Each store have about 5 legendary spec, but its random. Sometimes this store sell all 5 of it and sometimes only 1"

I'm okay with the legendary clothing specs . but not with the F'''' bug

I'm okay with the legendary clothing specs . but not with the F'''' bug
Just save before talk to these store's owner. Once you speak to them and you saw all those shiny legendary spec but you got no eddies, you're doomed. Because in your next visit they will not sell those legendary spec anymore. It;s know bug before patch 1.1. See video below.

Can you upgrade Epic clothing to legendary ?!

Does Shops with clothing offer Legendary clothing at level 50 , or just crafting specs ?!!
From my experience, the highest grade that you can get from clothing stores is Epic with 2 mod slot. It will change every 24 hours, so if you find anything that you're interested but it has lower grade, just skip time for 24hrs and see what it got. The overall RNG system is clunky TBH.

See attachment below the spec that I've acquire from the stores, that legendary spec is still not complete. But I can't get all of them because of bugs.

And the second attachment is Epic set that I've got from vendor, the armor seems nice with Armadillo, but in very hard difficulty it still hurt without Cold Blood buff.

Attachments

• 20210124213625_1.jpg
    20210124213625_1.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210124213830_1.jpg
    20210124213830_1.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
From my experience, the highest grade that you can get from clothing stores is Epic with 2 mod slot. It will change every 24 hours, so if you find anything that you're interested but it has lower grade, just skip time for 24hrs and see what it got. The overall RNG system is clunky TBH.

See attachment below the spec that I've acquire from the stores, that legendary spec is still not complete. But I can't get all of them because of bugs.

And the second attachment is Epic set that I've got from vendor, the armor seems nice with Armadillo, but in very hard difficulty it still hurt without Cold Blood buff.
Thanks for the info

I don't think anyone really "cares" if anyone saves scums. It just really funny, in my opinion, to see people lose their minds cause they can't anymore, in this case.

Serious question though, and I get its a single player game and all but I am curious, why bother to play a game in the first place if you are just going to cheat your way through it? And why waste time save scuming when you could just use the console or edited your save file?

cause console players just can't use debug mode or save file edit? for them the themed legendarys are just useless now....

The big fault here is that a looter shooter like bordelands, yeah you could be unlucky with the drop.

BUT and there is a BIG one, you can keep grinding away and get that drop again with what you wanted.

The unique legendary clothing in cyberpunk there is no way to get a new drop once looted.

I also stated this before Looter Shooters at least have quality of life stuff like auto pickup stuff and often even setting to toggle it on or off so you don't have to break key or controller picking up million stuff and looking into ground moving around and jumping like an idiot to pick everything up.

Not saying its not possible but I personally have never looted a sniper rifle that could headshot for over 655k nor have I ever looted a AR that could head shot for over 200k while silenced. I have also never loot any clothing item that was better then what I can craft either. Now I do understand this is not the case for those that don't do the crafting and really rely on looted/store items but crafted vs looted there is no contest crafting wins 100% of the time simply because looted item stats even before the changes in the patch where only influenced by your character's level. Not so with crafted items, there is simple no way for a looted/store item to ever be better then a crafted equivalent. Its the main reason the stores are pretty much useless as is except for buying BPs.

even people without crafting stats can upgrade gear. I have crafted a lot.

crafted gear = picked up gear in that it matches your current level.
you don't need any crafting stats to craft mods, this is influenced primarily by your level.
you can upgrade crafted items with tiers based on your level. I don't have all the exact numbers but at 35, you could upgrade to 50.

a crafter will have access to mod slots way earlier/easier than a non crafter EXCEPT for these guaranteed "legendary" drops. I put legendary in quotes, because rarity is mostly about mod slots. They get a slightly higher base defense roll, but they all have the same max defense cap, and slots are most important factor for defense. I guess, guaranteed legendaries remove most crafting advantages, leaving only that its cheaper to upgrade, and access to legendary iconic weapons.

so the big difference is a crafter gets much easier access to good gear earlier.

the flaw though, is stats/skills are actually very powerful. the non crafter will be stronger than the crafter.

basically cool beats crafting with various boosts to dps and defense. It doesn't help that crafting's armor boost appears not to be working, but then again lots of other traits appear not to be working as well.
Post automatically merged:

cause console players just can't use debug mode or save file edit? for them the themed legendarys are just useless now....

they aren't useless, they are just not as good as a good roll on another legendary, but other legendaries are harder to get by far.

are you more annoyed by the power lost, or by the unique appearances not being useful? just curious

Last edited:
Top Bottom