Save the date for GWENT Masters Season 3 finale!

+

The final tournament of GWENT Masters Season 3 is approaching fast - this year’s 8 top players will battle it out for the title of GWENT World Master and a share of the prize pool on December 4th and 5th!

Keep your eyes peeled: more details about the tournament, including the Divination Challenge, are coming soon!

rrc

Forum veteran
Soooo hyped about this tournament! Though it will be boring and almost the same as last Open (NG, NR, SK, and ST) and among that NG - Double Cross, Imprisonment, NR - Inspired Zeal, SK - Flurry (and mushroom may be?), ST- Nature Gift and it all comes down to draws in R1 and R2 as even the coins will be predictable as hell, it is still a great event for Gwent.

Paja will win the tournament again. #TeamPaja

Can't wait for this tournament!!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Soooo hyped about this tournament! Though it will be boring and almost the same as last Open (NG, NR, SK, and ST) and among that NG - Double Cross, Imprisonment, NR - Inspired Zeal, SK - Flurry (and mushroom may be?), ST- Nature Gift and it all comes down to draws in R1 and R2 as even the coins will be predictable as hell, it is still a great event for Gwent.

So, you're very excited... to see something boring and that you already know what to expect... :confused:

Anyway, im afraid i cant share your (contradicting) enthusiasm, but i will be cheering for TailGod, the world isnt right until he wins a Masters.
But i wouldnt mind Kams or Lord Triss winning either.

rrc

Forum veteran
So, you're very excited... to see something boring and that you already know what to expect... :confused:

Anyway, im afraid i cant share your (contradicting) enthusiasm, but i will be cheering for TailGod, the world isnt right until he wins a Masters.
But i wouldnt mind Kams or Lord Triss winning either.
Yes, it is weird, right? :confused:
Honestly, we will know how each game is going to play out. Which coins people are going to use with which leader and who will win (and the only way it can happen otherwise is due to card draws and mulligans - nothing in-game or skill). :giveup:

But I am excited because it is the biggest annual tournament and Paja will play that. In last open, players made quite a few mistakes and it was disappointing on top of the boring meta. But I am sure in masters the mistakes will be zero or very minimal and skill and outplay *can* have game changing effects.

Tailbot is supposed to be one of the best players, but somehow I don't like him very much. I believe he was only trying to be funny and also language differences, but sometimes he is condescending and he feels he is superior than everyone. I like Paja a lot. He seems humble and down to earth and his skill is also amazing. He rarely ever does mistake and always makes the best move. I root for Paja this tournament and I rooted for him in last masters too and he won! In fact, one of the main reasons I am excited for the tournament, despite this powercrept meta, is to see Paja's games.

Lord Triss might come with vengence to avenge WangID and he would have the whole CN community backing him in preparation and brain storming. So, it would be a highly competitive tournament with huge money in stake. These things make the 'tournament' exciting even though the games themselves may not.

i will be cheering for TailGod
Same here, because I've beaten him, and if he wins it means I've beaten the champion : )

So you better win for both of us, Tailbot, or I will need to come back to teach your meditating mages yet another lesson!

Paja will win the tournament again. #TeamPaja

Can't wait for this tournament!!

I think I'm more hyped for the dev video. Though, it might turn out to be as predictable as the decks :shrug:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Tailbot is supposed to be one of the best players, but somehow I don't like him very much. I believe he was only trying to be funny and also language differences, but sometimes he is condescending and he feels he is superior than everyone.
I think Tailbot is not only a brilliant player, but also a very funny guy in a subtle, unusual way: he's very serious always, and when Gwent esports was starting out, he wasnt joking at all... but when the playerbase started worshipping him and making memes out of him, thus starting the "legend of TailGod", he embraced the role and started throwing out these arrogant comments, but in deadpan style, so a lot of people dont even know if he's joking or not (i've laughed quite a few times with Burza's confusion when he interviews Tailbot before and after matches :ohstopit:)

I like Paja a lot. He seems humble and down to earth and his skill is also amazing. He rarely ever does mistake and always makes the best move. I root for Paja this tournament and I rooted for him in last masters too and he won! In fact, one of the main reasons I am excited for the tournament, despite this powercrept meta, is to see Paja's games.
Honestly, humility is a quality i dont appreciate at all. But i admire Paja's skills, and he would be a worthy victor, the miggest reason i wont cheer for him is he already won a Masters and i would rather see that feat be achieved by someone who hasnt done it yet.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I think Tailbot is not only a brilliant player, but also a very funny guy in a subtle, unusual way: he's very serious always, and when Gwent esports was starting out, he wasnt joking at all... but when the playerbase started worshipping him and making memes out of him, thus starting the "legend of TailGod", he embraced the role and started throwing out these arrogant comments, but in deadpan style, so a lot of people dont even know if he's joking or not (i've laughed quite a few times with Burza's confusion when he interviews Tailbot before and after matches :ohstopit:)
I agree with this, and it's why I always root for him. :D

rrc

Forum veteran
Ooh.. Thanks DRK3. I didn't know the history. I also believed that he was trying to be funny. For people don't know the history, it may seem like he is actually condescending, because, when he jokes, he has a serious straight face. I am glad to know the past. My prejudice is cleared and more respect for TailBot. Also, I know and respect him as one of the best players, but he was widely missing in action regarding Gwent for past many months. So, I am not sure how prepared or interested he is in winning the tournament.

Honestly, humility is a quality i dont appreciate at all. But i admire Paja's skills, and he would be a worthy victor, the miggest reason i wont cheer for him is he already won a Masters and i would rather see that feat be achieved by someone who hasnt done it yet.
I hate fake humility. I have seen some Indian cricket players and even actors trying 'act/look' like they are humble but their real character shows in some situations. I hate those kind of people. But real humility when someone is great is an admirable character IMHO. There is a proverb in my native language Tamil "பெருக்கத்து வேண்டும் பணிவு" which roughly means "When you attain greatness, you need to be humble". Besides, as you said, Paja is a great player himself. While it would mean a lot for someone else to get the masters, I believe Paja still is a great player and one of the best and deserves a few more title to himself. But all 8 here are great players and anything can happen and anyone can win. Lets see.

rrc

Forum veteran
I think I'm more hyped for the dev video. Though, it might turn out to be as predictable as the decks :shrug:
By 'predictable', did you mean ST getting high convoluted, over priced, already power crept, needing the whole deck to be built around and need at least 5 cards to be played in the round for it to get decent value, new cards? Where as SK getting insta point, would need 3 or 4 iterations of nerfing until a new batch just replaces it and takes it place? Yes, that is my fear too.

Or did you mean the patch notes having 3 or 4 entries for ST all irrelevant and the buff being namesake and only increasing power where as SK getting x2 or x3 buffs mostly getting buffs on provisions? Yes, that is also my fear too, and most probably my fear will come true sadly.

Nonetheless, we will have new toys to play for a couple of weaks, even if the toy is broken and over priced but fresh.

I like the first one the best -- the Kaer Morhen one -- because it doesn't have too many different, dominating colours.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I like to see Bran back... but i hate to see him as SK warrior support.

Urghhh i can already see that crap being all that is played with SK, the only thing im not sure is if Eist BoG will be the top choice or reckless flurry will keep being the top pick... either option is kinda OP anyway :giveup:

Top Bottom