Save the date for GWENT Masters Season 3 finale!

+
Saskia: Commander is finally a good reason to play Harmony again.
But it says 'summon a random unit' not 'play' , so unless they change anything else about the archetype this cards doesn't help harmony, or am I missing something?

But it says 'summon a random unit' not 'play' , so unless they change anything else about the archetype this cards doesn't help harmony, or am I missing something?
She can pull harmony engines and naturally generates decent value after pulling multiple times, also the deckbuilding condition is hardly an issue if harmony would already want to be built like that.

I'm starting to think they should make Harmony proc with Summons. It would help the other Saskia card that was supposed to be Harmony support as well.

She can pull harmony engines and naturally generates decent value after pulling multiple times, also the deckbuilding condition is hardly an issue if harmony would already want to be built like that.
True, it'll also help setting up Barnabas. A lot of the units with 'Harmony' have a deploy ability as well though, so you will lose some pts if Saskia pulls them. Mulligans and the rng part might be awkward, too.

OMG, what is this Saskia? Immune 4 for 13 plus thinning a Harmony deck by "summoning" unique bronze every 3 turns? Whose idea was this? There seems to be so much wrong with it. It makes no sense at all.

1. Out of ALL bronze Harmony engines, only the fledgling would want to be summoned to the board. All the rest have deploy abilities.
2. Summoning units does not proc Harmony. But wait, not ONLY it doesn't proc Harmony, it actually ACTIVELY PREVENTS you from proccing Harmony for whatever unique tag she happens to RANDOMLY pull from the deck, and the whole point of jamming all of the unique tags is TO PROC HARMONY with them. ON TOP OF THAT, when playing Harmony you mulligan all the dupes away to make sure you hand consists of as many unique tags as possible, which means your hand is basically full of tags that are NOT on the board and you put all of those tags in your head in danger of bricking by playing Saskia, lol. It's completely insane.
3. The unit you summon is random, AND she doesn't have a Harmony tag herself, which are two reasons you can't play her early in the round, which means you will get 2 summons from her AT MOST. In other words, if she ever manages to play for straight 13 for 13, it's be a very blue moon outside.

I honestly have no idea what's happening here. Somebody tell me, please. Explain to me how this card is supposed to work?

OMG, what is this Saskia? Immune 4 for 13 plus thinning a Harmony deck by "summoning" unique bronze every 3 turns? Whose idea was this? There seems to be so much wrong with it. It makes no sense at all.

1. Out of ALL bronze Harmony engines, only the fledgling would want to be summoned to the board. All the rest have deploy abilities.
2. Summoning units does not proc Harmony. But wait, not ONLY it doesn't proc Harmony, it actually ACTIVELY PREVENTS you from proccing Harmony for whatever unique tag she happens to RANDOMLY pull from the deck, and the whole point of jamming all of the unique tags is TO PROC HARMONY with them. ON TOP OF THAT, when playing Harmony you mulligan all the dupes away to make sure you hand consists of as many unique tags as possible, which means your hand is basically full of tags that are NOT on the board and you put all of those tags in your head in danger of bricking by playing Saskia, lol. It's completely insane.
3. The unit you summon is random, AND she doesn't have a Harmony tag herself, which are two reasons you can't play her early in the round, which means you will get 2 summons from her AT MOST. In other words, if she ever manages to play for straight 13 for 13, it's be a very blue moon outside.

I honestly have no idea what's happening here. Somebody tell me, please. Explain to me how this card is supposed to work?
Cause it seems to be intended to be played everywhere else than in a harmony Deck (compared to Pre rework Call of Harmony it even counts neutral Cards for the required 10 primary categories), so you probably want to play her in Decks that run engines like DB Sentry, Cat Witcher, Dryad Matron, Smuggler, swordmaster or Cards like Pyrotechnican or the 7 strength Mercenary which don't brick if summoned while also lining up a row for Oak or Gezras.

Edit:

Lol shortly after writing this i stumbled across Molegions tweet which says practically the same thing.

Last edited:
Cause it seems to be intended to be played everywhere else than in a harmony Deck (compared to Pre rework Call of Harmony it even counts neutral Cards for the required 10 primary categories), so you probably want to play her in Decks that run engines like DB Sentry, Cat Witcher, Dryad Matron, Smuggler, swordmaster or Cards like Pyrotechnican or the 7 strength Mercenary which don't brick if summoned while also lining up a row for Oak or Gezras.

Edit:

Lol shortly after writing this i stumbled across Molegions tweet which says practically the same thing.
Well, it makes marginally more sense if we forget that this was ever intended as Harmony support, but the card still seems awkward as hell. Because Harmony is the only archtype that actually WANTS that many unique tags. My movement deck has 7 tags. I don't see any way to make her work at this point, though of course, I'll try. What is she going to replace? Gezras? Simlas? And movement aside? Dwarves, Elves, Nature's Gift all have like 5 tags each, lol. Is Saskia going to have her own archtype? Personally, I don't think she's good enough for that. Or crazy powerful enough to become a meme. Maybe she'll go into like a Shupe deck or something?

King of Beggars

Amazing tribute support plus thinning, basically a Roach on Steroids. As already stated playing Savolla might trigger him immediately. A challenge might be that you only get the coins back. So you still need them. Concerning the optimal leader it might probably still be Off the Books. Maybe there are also great Combos with Fallen Rayla. When summoned he can also be used as a spender.

Synergies: Tribute cards, Profit cards, Coins

Downsides : Can probably be nasty if you do not have enough coins/tribute cards to trigger him.

Evaluation: I would evaluate him as a 9 out of 10. Probably the strongest deck summoned card in the game.

Regis Reborn

Also strong vampire support and a great finisher. His value is basically 7 + 1 for each round with bleeding. . If played as last card and there was bleeding each round his bleeding boost will be 15. So his max value will be 22 for 13. He might also be able to remove some cards which are at 3 power. In total he can be a huge finisher in vampire decks.

Synergies: Bleeding

Downsides: In situation where you feel forced to play him early he has only limited value. Can struggle if you face veil-heavy / immune heady /non-unit decks.

Evaluation: I would give him a 8 out of 10. He is a great point slam tool for a short round 3. Vampires where originally mainly engine focused.

Jan Calveit

Really not sure about this one. If you build a tactic heavy deck to get the most out of him, you might end in situations where you Hefty Helge does not get enough tactic food for instance. From my perspective he is as a 8 for 10 overpriced.

Synergies: Tactic cards, Decks whose success heavily relies on having many of your golds

Downsides: You spend a lot of provisions and deck building constraint for making sure that you draw your gold

Evaluation: I would give him a 3 out of 10. Interesting idea but not competitive at this power-provision ratio.

King Radovid

The card which reminds me most of him is Damien de La Tour, who can be of intense value if you play him into Tactical Decision, Enslave, Imposter, Imperial Formation or Double Cross. I ask myself whether 1-2 charges of NR leaders can be of similar value.
Most obvious target might be Inspired Zeal as you can always use one charge in order to boost him and immediately get the Second leader charge. Then he would be a 10 for 10 + 1-2 Zeal carryover potential. Isn´t Siege Support the cheaper option?
1-2 extra charges for Pincer Maneuver appears to be an overkill but can have huge value in Snowdrop decks.
For shieldwall the value might be comparable to inspired Zeal and there are also many cheaper shield givers
For Uprising you only get at max 2 points from him.
Best synergizing is probably Stockpile when you manage to have a cooldown heavy row.

Synergies: Units that synergize with the leaders described above

Downsides: If you draw him too late you might already have spent too many leader charges

Evaluation: I think he is a 5 out of 10. Interesting carryover potential but questionable value for 10 provision costs.

Saskia Commander

Due to the fact, that she simply summons bronze units, she is definitely not a harmony support. In fact, she does not synergize with harmony at all since one summoned different unit summoned means one less different unit being played. She offers great thinning potential. Because of the fact that you randomly summon a different unit you have to be careful with row-locks and avoid all deployers. The units below can make sense:

• Hawker Smuggler; Human (Careful with Melee lock)
  • Sorceress of Dol Blathanna: Elf
  • Cat Witcher: Witcher
  • Dol Blathanna Sentry: (Think about row locks too)
  • Dryad Matron: Dryad (Be careful not to flood your row so that you can play Saskia Commander the second time
  • Duen Canell Guardian: Dryad
  • Dwarf Beserker: Dwarf
  • Dwarfen chariot: Machine (mostly because of the machine category)
  • Elven Seer: Elf
  • Hamdryad: Dryad
  • Abandoned Girl: Human (Transform her to summon a second human, Nature´s gift synergy)
  • Elven Scout: Elf (if you additionally use many traps
  • Elven Swordmaster: Elf (row-locked)
  • Miner: Dwarf
  • Mahakam Defender: Dwarf
  • Pyrotechnician: Dwarf
Synergies: Have to build a non-harmony deck with at least 10 different categories

Downsides: Most be very careful to have a target in hand.

Evaluation: I would give her a 4 out of 10. At her current stats she appears to expensive (Novigradian Justice into Mahakam Volunteers only costs 10 provisions (+ 5 for the Volunteers), appears to be much less risky and offers the same thinning potential.)

Cery Fearless:

Currently, I can difficult imagine to see her play. Getting 9 self-damage is kind of difficult, especially if you want to replay her with Lippy. Her order can make sense if you face a heavily damaged Melusine or other unit if you are lucky. The self damage can be used on Dracoturtle, Olaf, or units with small body (maybe Harald´s Pals, opponent spies,…)

Synergies: Self-wound archetype

Downsides: If you draw badly and/or face a control heavy opponent there is a probability that you do not manage her to get summoned. Probably only playable with Ursine Ritual

Evaluation: I would give her a 3 out of 10. Very conditional thinning and very conditional order value.

Cyrus Engelkind Hemmelfahrt

For me he´s the better Jacques in firesworn decks. He has the same strength each and every round. His deploy has at least the same value and does not cost coins. His fee is very strong as it allows you to replay your Fallen Knights for instance. However, I do not like that graveyard summoning which was once a SK stand-alone stuff now is also used by SY.

Synergies: Congregate, Firesworn

Downsides: Must be sure to have enough targets in your graveyard and enough firesworn ttokens and coins.

Evaluation: He is a 9 out of 10. Strong support for firesworn and only for the reason that firesworn is struggling not OP.

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, it makes marginally more sense if we forget that this was ever intended as Harmony support, but the card still seems awkward as hell. Because Harmony is the only archtype that actually WANTS that many unique tags. My movement deck has 7 tags. I don't see any way to make her work at this point, though of course, I'll try. What is she going to replace? Gezras? Simlas? And movement aside? Dwarves, Elves, Nature's Gift all have like 5 tags each, lol. Is Saskia going to have her own archtype? Personally, I don't think she's good enough for that. Or crazy powerful enough to become a meme. Maybe she'll go into like a Shupe deck or something?
She will go into the likes of.. well Saskia herself only. Super awkward and people forcefully trying to make her work and just delete the deck after trying her a few game. I read somewhere that in the last AMA, the Jean (the dev) said even the current Saskia is not supposed to be part of Harmony and her Harmony tag is an added bonus. I wanted to laugh while also crying. I have no idea what else is her role? A 10 for 11P power-crept many months ago play? (I am sorry if it is not the case, as I haven't seen the video). Devs just seem to hate Harmony and they just want people to forget Harmony (but just use those cards as fillers in patch notes once in a while).

This Saskia Commander is the worst cards in the batch (but may be having a heavy competition with both NG cards as I feel both NG cards are also as junk as Saskia). My only consolation is, ST at least now has company. NG cards in this batch are as junk and weak as ST cards. Rest of the batch are all amazing cards, specifically NR and SY cards are the best in the batch.

Last edited:
King

She will go into the likes of.. well Saskia herself only. Super awkward and people forcefully trying to make her work and just delete the deck after trying her a few game. I read somewhere that in the last AMA, the Jean (the dev) said even the current Saskia is not supposed to be part of Harmony and her Harmony tag is an added bonus. I wanted to laugh while also crying. I have no idea what else is her role? A 10 for 11P power-crept many months ago play? (I am sorry if it is not the case, as I haven't seen the video). Devs just seem to hate Harmony and they just want people to forget Harmony (but just use those cards as fillers in patch notes once in a while).

This Saskia Commander is the worst cards in the batch (but may be having a heavy competition with both NG cards as I feel both NG cards are also as junk as Saskia). My only consolation is, ST at least now has company. NG cards in this batch are as junk and weak as ST cards. Rest of the batch are all amazing cards, specifically NR and SY cards are the best in the batch.
The whole idea of building a deck with 10 tags that isn't Harmony just for the sake of this one card is LUDICROUS. Now, maybe there's something in the patch that will make it make sense (though tbh I can't imagine what it could be), but as of right now, this is just laughably, laughably bad.

EDIT: yeah, nope. nothing in the patch.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom